PDA

View Full Version : Merry Christmas? I've been pwned by Jack Frost!

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 25th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Well, so much for meeting my mom at my sister's house in hammond, LA for Christmas today. The rain/sleet/freezing temperatures combined with the fact that most of our interstate and highway systems are elevated above swamps and bayous has resulted in the rapid closing of most roads. Time to uncork the rum, mix it with hurricane mix, and eat the crawfish dip and spinach casserole we had made for the party! w00t trapped like rats, well it could be worse Merry Christmas. BTW It will be back in the 70's on Tuesday! LMAO

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 25th, 2004, 11:35 AM
lol, it's warming up here right now....snow is all but gone :(

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 25th, 2004, 12:53 PM
Oh Crud! We'll be chicking the forums in case you get bored then.

It's another sun-shiney day....sigh

CS Widow

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 25th, 2004, 02:05 PM
er now snow?!? w00t

Here's a pic of my street and a ideo in my backyard!

http://www.lamerc.com/uploads/MOV00517.MPG

LA_MERC_YellowDog
December 25th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Good thing you got that boat in your backyard, so if it keeps up for a month or 2 you can float your way over the fence.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
December 25th, 2004, 09:24 PM
we are getting some nasty stuff now.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 25th, 2004, 09:30 PM
yup - just got home from eating w/ family - and it's sleeting big time now!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 25th, 2004, 09:39 PM
WOW - just caught the late news - they are forcasting 3-6 inches by morning for us!!!

LA_MERC_Shadow
December 25th, 2004, 10:25 PM
Dirge, you could've made it over here. Just would have taken you like four hours. I had to go through the spillway with my truck to get to River ridge. And some of the gates were open so there was like a foot of water in places with mud. It was fun.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
December 26th, 2004, 08:35 AM
WOW - just caught the late news - they are forcasting 3-6 inches by morning for us!!!

Fire the weathermen! All we got is 3-6 inches of ice! Pretty danged disappointed to get up and see this nasty stuff stuck all over the place.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 26th, 2004, 08:51 AM
yup - same here - we are on the verge of losing power...

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 26th, 2004, 09:07 AM
yeah he is just a ...er...kitty...
I made it to N.O. and Metairie yesterday, it was not as bad as the media makes it out to be, although it was best not to drive as it sucked outside
did any of the hoouma crew get snow?
It was hilarious riding down Bourbon St seeing all the tards opening their mouths to catch the snow...lol

LA_MERC_CS Widow
December 26th, 2004, 10:50 PM
er now snow?!? w00t

Here's a pic of my street and a ideo in my backyard!

http://www.lamerc.com/uploads/MOV00517.MPG

Thank you Dirge. I'm living vicariously through your video. Want to know how we spent Christmas night? In the backyard drinking in the jacuzzi. I'd even go for cruddy weather over here. How about a change in season even?!?...lol

Widow

P.S. Can anybody out there draw an awesome lion? My mom's wanting to get a tattoo (a cooler mom doesn't exist) and she can't decide what to get. She thought of a lion because of her zodiac sign, but I don't see that winding down the side of her chest very well. She wants something shaped a bit like an elongated backwards S.

LA_MERC_Nutria
December 26th, 2004, 11:21 PM
We got a good bit here. I thought we were being invaded by little white aliens. Never seen that stuff before. First thing I did was jump in my truck to see how much slippin and slidin I could do. Think we had 6 inches here. We still had some on the ground Sunday evening.

Daedelus
December 27th, 2004, 11:37 AM
oh man this sucks no snow here and iam in north west best it can do is get down to freezing with a few towns down in the teens. was hoping for some snow err..

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==