PDA

View Full Version : If it wasn't for bad luck...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 22nd, 2004, 01:49 PM
Ok - i'm on my way to work and some arsehole in a trailblazer stops dead in front of me...

Yup - 25 years old...first accident.

Somehow I managed not to get a ticket even though I was at faught in the accident - thank god for SOME good luck!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 22nd, 2004, 01:49 PM
BTW, the MadMAX lisence plate on the front is now history, and so is my front bumper :(

LA_MERC_YellowDog
December 22nd, 2004, 02:12 PM
Was it on the Mcleoud Bridge... If it was... I think you should sue the city, more people wreak on that dern bridge ..:(

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
December 22nd, 2004, 03:02 PM
Just be thankful that nothing "bad" happend to you!

Glad your ok!!!

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 22nd, 2004, 05:28 PM
I agree with DL here...it could have been much worse...you're very lucky.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
December 22nd, 2004, 06:45 PM
Sorry to hear that Max. Welcome to my club. Sounds like you are experiencing the "Right of Passage" as am I. Thank the Lord that the bumper on the truck is all that is messed up.

LA_MERC_goose
December 22nd, 2004, 07:36 PM
It must be the weather - my aunt was sitting at a red light in Florence when a lady looking down at her cell phone ran up the arse end and caused her to hit the car in front of her and they pushed into the car in front of that car. Caddy is destroyed but she's ok - back and neck hurts though.

Sorry it happened Max but glad you're 10-4.

LA_MERC_Maverick
December 22nd, 2004, 08:06 PM
sorry to hear that jayson, im glad it wasnt worse and that you are ok!

aCiD
December 22nd, 2004, 08:17 PM
if it was mcleod bridge i would definately sue...but glad your ok man!!!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 22nd, 2004, 09:41 PM
yup - it was mcleod! Going up the hill, right in front of lowes!

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
December 22nd, 2004, 10:02 PM
Doh! Same place I had my accident back in January/February. That place has a curse.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 22nd, 2004, 10:29 PM
and to top it off - i'm just NOW getting home at 12:30AM!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 22nd, 2004, 10:30 PM
BTW - to the car guys - is it just possible to pull the bumber off the front of my truck so I don't look QUITE so dorky riding around?

aCiD
December 22nd, 2004, 10:54 PM
yep, probably screws all around it, but yea there is, its an s10 right? shouldnt bee that hard... hell, if you have too, since its already screwed up, just bash it with a hammer till it falls completly off :d:

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 22nd, 2004, 11:05 PM
Yeah - it's a GMC Sonoma - same thing as a S-10...1995 model.

LA_MERC_Nutria
December 23rd, 2004, 05:17 AM
BTW - to the car guys - is it just possible to pull the bumber off the front of my truck so I don't look QUITE so dorky riding around?
Check with your local law enforcement. In Louisiana it is illegal to ride around without a front bumper.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
December 23rd, 2004, 07:11 AM
Max, I believe Nutria is correct. In South Carolina, I believe this falls under operating an unsafe vehicle law.

Maximus
December 23rd, 2004, 08:27 AM
welcome to the "Messed Up Front Bumper" Club!!! I have an S-10 that has the bumper on the front screwed up...so now my truck looks like it has a cleft on it's upper lip! Kinda cool, but I need to get it fixed...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 23rd, 2004, 08:42 AM
welcome to the "Messed Up Front Bumper" Club!!! I have an S-10 that has the bumper on the front screwed up...so now my truck looks like it has a cleft on it's upper lip! Kinda cool, but I need to get it fixed...

that is EXACTLY how mine looks!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
December 23rd, 2004, 10:15 AM
Well you could do like a guy at my work did, tear off the bumber and bolt on a nice 2x10. Very redneck, should fit right in in SC.

Glad to hear your ok and that you didn't get a ticket.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
December 23rd, 2004, 10:38 AM
Very redneck, should fit right in in SC.

What ARE you trying to say? Hhhmmmm?
:stick

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 23rd, 2004, 11:41 AM
Glad your OK Jayson\
Bumpers bolt on for the most part
If you lived in Alabama you'd be OK
There is now vehilce code here, no inspection sticker, nothing. I did hear that a cop can pull you over and ticket you for having to dark tint but that it's never really enforced unless your doing something else, (Speeding etc).
I'm in favor of this as I have a rather large truck and meeting the code in Louisiana was always a hassle. Exhaust system is to radical, bumper is too high off the ground, tires stick out to far, Headlights too far off the ground, and so on. I don't miss that crap.

PaRaNoiD
December 24th, 2004, 12:31 PM
my first lil "accident" was when i was on 2nd loop, and was stopped behind someoe turning left into piggly wiggly, and some dumbarse lady wasn't paying attention and yappin on her cell phone rammed into my butt.... grrrr for cell phones!!

what's wierd is about 2 minutes before she hit me i saw her talking on her cell phone in my rear mirror- and was thinking hmmm, she shouldn't talk on her cell phone- she isn't paying attention.... wiiiiierddd

but im gad ur okay and it's just yur bumper!!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==