PDA

View Full Version : time for...

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
December 21st, 2004, 03:49 PM
Time for a Prettiest Christmas tree contest....

I want to see what yalls trees looks like!!!.....

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 21st, 2004, 03:52 PM
We have a 3 ft. charlie brown tree sitting on the table this year...

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
December 21st, 2004, 03:58 PM
Doesn't matter how big/small it is. If you remember the cartoon the tree looked GREAT at the end!!!

I was just bored waiting on Dragon to email me and thought I would like to see what the trees looks like this year...

Mine is not so great. Ours is like 7 1/2 foot tall pretty big tree but the cat just loves getting in there and messing it all up.

SnAkEbItE
December 22nd, 2004, 07:57 AM
Please I don't even want to go into this, my wife borrowed a table top model from her mother. It was orginaly her Grandmothers and it looked like a pluck chicken, she had to actully use ducktape and floral wire to get the branches to hold up. It's ok I guess but, when she dragged out the ducktape I had to laugh.

The whole reason of useing a table top version this year is my wife does day care out of our home and she didn't want the kids getting into the tree.

Did I mention she used ducktape?

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 22nd, 2004, 08:15 AM
lol snakebite!!,

I'll post mine later this evening when I have a chance at home....we have an 8.5 foot tree decorated to the hilt!

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 22nd, 2004, 08:22 AM
Ours is a 7 ft Noble Fir and is decorated...but somewhat sparsely. We bought new ornaments this year and didn't quit get enough. The highlight of our tree every year is the addition of the annual Swarovski crystal ornament. We currently have them going to back to 98 (our first year together). Here is the link for this years. The picture here kinda sucks. They are absolutely GORGEOUS in person.

http://shop.swarovski.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en_US/-/USD/SW_DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductID=lJQKZC_LljoAAAD%2e_XlWE_iU&CategoryName=029156&Promotion=true

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 22nd, 2004, 08:41 AM
. They are absolutely GORGEOUS in person.

you used the word "gorgeous" ...lmao

Watching too many "what not to wear" episodes!!!!

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
December 22nd, 2004, 08:53 AM
CFH That is beautiful!! Did you pay $60. for one? I would be scared it would get broke. I wouldn't mind having one they are so pretty...

Guys it doesn't matter how big the tree is or if you have to use ducktape to keep it together *wink wink*

Oh and if I know how to d/l my pictures from my camera to my computer I would post a picture of mine. Then you'll see where the cat gets in it and pushes all the branches and makes big holes in the tree where you can see all the way through it...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 22nd, 2004, 08:58 AM
Well, snake, you win!

Yeah - ours is a table top, but mom decorates them nicely - she has made most of our christmas ornaments herself, over about the last 40 years...although I don't think many of her ornaments are on this tree, but there are some on there (we didn't go digging through the storage building for the big box o ornaments). This is the tree we used to have up at FlorencePC, so what ever was on it there is on it here, we had never really un-decorated it, just stuck a trasbag over it and sat it in the closet for 2 years...lol.

LA_MERC_Spark
December 22nd, 2004, 09:23 AM
he said GORGEOUS.... LMAO!

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
December 22nd, 2004, 09:35 AM
Here is a picture of Booger our cat last year in the tree. She was sleeping until I went to take the picture.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 22nd, 2004, 09:39 AM
Darn Cats - they are always up to something no good...

Now dogs on the other hand, they just lay around and sleep until you come home!

LA_MERC_BS
December 22nd, 2004, 09:52 AM
There is something wrong with that cat. Wasn't that long ago it had an eye like quasimoto. Nasty looking !!!

Been too busy for a tree this year. Me and the room mate are just going to admire the neighbors tree this year. I can post a picture of his tree if you want. Looks nice from the street lol.

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
December 22nd, 2004, 10:08 AM
LOL Aww

BS has always picked on our cat about that eye. Poor little kitten had a cold in her eye but it was nasty tho.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 22nd, 2004, 11:36 AM
you used the word "gorgeous" ...lmao

Watching too many "what not to wear" episodes!!!!

[puts wrists on hips] If you MUST know...It's all about the Queer Eye. ;)

DL, yeah...$60 a year and I try to buy them mid Novemeber because they sell like hot cakes. Funny you should mention breaking one. Our 1998 one broke. One of the points broke off. :( They are literally IMPOSSIBLE to replace. Might get lucky on ebay but a 1998 will be a really tough find. They idea is in 25 years or to have an ENTIRE tree of them.

SnAkEbItE
December 22nd, 2004, 12:02 PM
Ok when I get home I'll post pictures of the tree and now since I won what do I get? Cookies mabey?

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==