PDA

View Full Version : HL2 Demo

Slayer
December 20th, 2004, 04:29 PM
Since I'm poor and I don't have the real thing yet, I played the HL2 demo. Oh man, that Ravenholm part is creepy! I WANT HL2!!!! WAAAAH

LA_MERC_goose
December 20th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Son, were you dropped on your head as a child? :D

LA_MERC_YellowDog
December 20th, 2004, 05:06 PM
Yep, that is one of the creapiest parts of the Game... But it only gets better from there.

PaRaNoiD
December 21st, 2004, 09:24 PM
i took all the time to d/l the demo- and it wont play.. i click it says "loading demo" and then goes away and never comes back nor loads the game :(

pos

|Team Moped| Kripto
December 23rd, 2004, 11:40 AM
Wow, that's cool that you can pick almost anything up. I have alot of fun with that grav gun and figuring out cool ways to kill head crabs. What's the deal with the Russian dude?

npor
December 23rd, 2004, 12:00 PM
He is a Priest. He sort of went crazy and hes fighting off monsters and helps you survive.

LA_MERC_Sniper
December 23rd, 2004, 12:28 PM
hey for you computer buffs i played the demo fine no lag no skipps jumping no problems whatsoever does this mean i should be able to run source? and is hl2 more intense on other levels? i might just go get this game if i dont need to upgrade yet

Slayer
December 23rd, 2004, 12:36 PM
Yeah, by the way the Priest's talks, I believe all the zombies were once his congregation. LoLz

I've played it through twice, and I have fallen in love with the gravity gun. :)

npor
December 23rd, 2004, 02:47 PM
Sniper, I was in the same place as you. There was only one level that A/V skipped, but it was still very playable, just a neusance. I'm not sure about everyone else, but CS:S has never skipped or lagged for me. Might be because I've only played it a handful of times, I don't care for it :)

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 23rd, 2004, 02:53 PM
hey for you computer buffs i played the demo fine no lag no skipps jumping no problems whatsoever does this mean i should be able to run source? and is hl2 more intense on other levels? i might just go get this game if i dont need to upgrade yet

yes Rob, you are good to go :)

NoXiOuS
December 23rd, 2004, 04:13 PM
i havent loaded source up yet, but ive put some time in on Deathmatch....the flying toilets are awesome.
the full version is awesome
i just got to ravenholm on the full version, but i must say, the airboat part, genius.

npor
December 23rd, 2004, 04:33 PM
i havent loaded source up yet, but ive put some time in on Deathmatch....the flying toilets are awesome.
the full version is awesome
i just got to ravenholm on the full version, but i must say, the airboat part, genius.

It only gets better from there ;)

LA_MERC_Sniper
December 23rd, 2004, 04:40 PM
ummmm droools there might be a new present under the tree lolz Can hear the wife now where did that come from Muhahahahahah

PaRaNoiD
December 24th, 2004, 12:25 PM
*&*%*$^&^%$&^%$

i d/l the demo and it still wont work!!
i click it in Games- and it says "Loading Demo...."
and then the box goes away and NO demo.... :(

me=frustrated

[yes i tried shutting off comp- kicking it, and turning it back on]

LA_MERC_Sniper
December 24th, 2004, 01:50 PM
did you turn steam off when you dl it?

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 24th, 2004, 02:58 PM
sniper - it runs just fine on mine at 1024x768, so I know you'll be fine!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==