PDA

View Full Version : MUAHAHAHA!!!

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 20th, 2004, 02:47 PM
MERRY FRIGGIN CHRISTMAS TOO ME!!!!

:hb :hb :hb :hb :hb :hb

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3768831203&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

LA_MERC_Spark
December 20th, 2004, 03:02 PM
congrats d00d!

roXet
December 20th, 2004, 03:18 PM
if you really wanted to get rid of that 900 bucks, you could have given it to me...

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
December 20th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Congrats to you....

NoXiOuS
December 20th, 2004, 04:14 PM
freakin awesome!
jealousy kicks in.!

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 20th, 2004, 04:18 PM
BACK OFF BOONS!!! MINE MINE MINE!!!

This is a top 2 Christmas...no doubt. I called the shop and got them to throw in a case for free. :D :bb :D

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 20th, 2004, 04:20 PM
I know some of you (most of you) are going WTF?? $900?? Is he crazy?

Well, in a word...YES!

But uber happy.

I LOVE autographed stuff. I have a bunch of LA Kings stuff autod here at home including hockey sticks and jerseys. This baby is the corner stone of my collection.

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
December 20th, 2004, 04:23 PM
how do you know it's "real"? I mean how you know the autograph is real?

Looks cool tho..

Exotica
December 20th, 2004, 04:23 PM
That's awesome, Merry Christmas!

LA_MERC_YellowDog
December 20th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Cause if its not,,, Well CFH is in Law Enforcement, he'll just shootem... :)

BTW,....WooT!

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
December 20th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Cause if its not,,, Well CFH is in Law Enforcement, he'll just shootem... :)

BTW,....WooT!

LOL.. Yeah he could...

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 20th, 2004, 06:40 PM
Well, I guess you never REALLY know but its sold by a reputable music store who has a relationship with the Washburn Custom Shop. They bought the guitar from them when they cleaned out the wherehouse a few months ago. Notice it was damaged at the headstock. Thats why it was never sold. The CFH is clean as HELL too. Since it was signed at the factory you can tell he took a little extra care when signing. Ive seen a TON of these autos and tis one looks great.

SaBeR512
December 20th, 2004, 06:58 PM
My theroy <==spelld rong) is that you only live once, so ENJOY YOURSELF! :)
goodluck with that cowboy

}{y|3ri|)
December 20th, 2004, 07:19 PM
whatever makes ya happy ;)

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 20th, 2004, 07:27 PM
sweet dude!

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
December 20th, 2004, 09:15 PM
You coulda paid me $450 and I woulda signed it for you...either my name or anyone elses.

aCiD
December 20th, 2004, 09:16 PM

Well, in a word...YES!

But uber happy.

I LOVE autographed stuff. I have a bunch of LA Kings stuff autod here at home including hockey sticks and jerseys. This baby is the corner stone of my collection.

Do you play guitar??

LA_MERC_Blown68Kamaro
December 20th, 2004, 10:09 PM
MERRY FRIGGIN CHRISTMAS TOO ME!!!!

:hb :hb :hb :hb :hb :hb

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3768831203&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT

Congrats. Do you play? I used to hang with "Bubba" and exchange licks.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 20th, 2004, 10:11 PM
yes he does acid and kamaro...so do i, and andyconda and latech is learning...

Any other guitarist I dont know about?

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 20th, 2004, 10:38 PM

Well, in a word...YES!

But uber happy.

ummm....er.....do tell!!! anything from Wayne???

aCiD
December 21st, 2004, 05:31 AM
okay, then its worth 900$ i spent a lil more on my Martin D35 :P so i know the feeling you get when you get a "special" -lack of a better word- guitar

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 21st, 2004, 08:19 AM
ummm....er.....do tell!!! anything from Wayne???
Well, hmm...youre going to cry and probably want to beat me at the LAN when I tell you this....

I aquired (through completely legal means) a game used, signed Gretzky stick. It was from the Oiler days. Judging from all the research I did it was MOST LIKELY from March/April of 86.

It was a wood Titan stick with his sig and "86" under it. It also had "Best Wishes" written on it. The manufacture date was something like Feb 12th or something. The odd thing about it was on the name stamp, they spelled Gretzky wrong...lol. It was spelled Gretzyk. Before you b00ns say anything, it was a real stick...that was just a factory goof. Chances are it was a practice stick based on the other markings (too hard to explain). Still a very cool peice. I got that stick and a game used, TEAM SIGNED Rogie Vachon stick from 1977. I had to sell them both a a few years ago to purchase something more valuable to me then those sticks...Robyn's wedding ring. Sometimes I miss my sticks but no matter what, I get the better end of the deal. :)

I do stil a few Gretz things signed but nothing else like that stick.

Slayer
December 21st, 2004, 11:09 AM
yes he does acid and kamaro...so do i, and andyconda and latech is learning...

Any other guitarist I dont know about?

I'm learning! AHHH MY FINGERS!!!

aCiD
December 21st, 2004, 11:17 AM
lol, they bleeding yet??

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 21st, 2004, 11:21 AM
just keep playing - they'll toughen up!

My fingers are so tough because I play nothing but accoustic and on .13" - .57" guage strings!

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 21st, 2004, 11:47 AM
Congrats. Do you play? I used to hang with "Bubba" and exchange licks.

I PROBABLY have the best rig of anyone here...lemme see if I can dig up the link. I posted it a LONNNG time ago.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 21st, 2004, 11:48 AM
just keep playing - they'll toughen up!

My fingers are so tough because I play nothing but accoustic and on .13" - .57" guage strings!

Heh...we went over this recently too. .09s tuned down to D...like spaghetti. :D

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 21st, 2004, 11:52 AM
Sadly, the photos are MIA but here is the link with all the gear listed.

http://www.lamerc.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2707&highlight=Jackson

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 21st, 2004, 11:53 AM
you know - it's really not the left hand where lighter strings bother me - on a well setup guitar I can't really tell much difference on the left hand - it's right hand accuracy for me - less tension makes my right hand get sloppy...

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 21st, 2004, 11:59 AM
Considering what I play, and the attack I have....I understand. Mainly being a rhythm player, it's not a big deal for me though. Where it's gets ugly is the harmonizing leads and string skipping. :eek:

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 21st, 2004, 12:00 PM
Sounds like we have some talent among us. I will definatly be bringing my guitar to the LAN to pick a little when its late. I have a Yamaha FGX Acoustical Electric Dreadnought, Teal and black, very nice with a nice sound. I play it on a Peavy Blazer 158 with a llittle reverb. I love to play acoustical version of contempory music. I just learned the intro to the acoustical veriosn of 45 by Shine down. Very Very nice. Download and sample guys, very sweet. Also, Max do you know how to tab. If so please tab a little of the wildflower song you showed a week or so ago. I believe I have the first 20 to 30 seconds but I can repeat the 2 guitar sound you seem to have even when picking freehand without a pick. What be your trick.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 21st, 2004, 12:05 PM
Hey Andrew....look here for TAB dude, they MAY have what you want.

http://www.olga.net/

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 21st, 2004, 12:10 PM
I've always had a knack for playing Lead and Rythm combo - it's lots and lots of listening to Chet Atkins, Django Reinhardt, Joe Pass, Les Paul, Merle Travis, Tony Rice, Doc Watson, and many many others.

Hopefully I can come in Feb and you can watch me play, and it might make more since then...

I'll try to do you up a tab for wildwood flower, it's just built around C, G and F in first position.

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 21st, 2004, 12:29 PM
I just got my Martin Sigma a while back and it's kicking my butt! I'm used to brass (as I told madMax), and with brass, you only play one note at a time...with a guitar, you play a chord at a time (sometimes!). It's been very interesting to not really learn notes, but to learn chords and to try and pick out which notes the chord is built on. I'm enjoying it (even if my fingers aren't).

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==