PDA

View Full Version : Bad Taste

SnAkEbItE
December 20th, 2004, 10:33 AM
BACKSTAGE CONTROVERSY AFTER NBC DEPICTION OF LIMBAUGH

NBC's comedy depiction of talkradio king Rush Limbaugh passed-out in vomit from drug abuse ignited backstage outrage at SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE.

The animated sketch left one senior production source stunned and outraged, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned.

"Would we have done this to [John] Belushi? [Chris] Farley?" the source said on Sunday from New York.

The source asked not to be identified fearing retribution from SNL's executive producer Lorne Michaels.

"We've had more fu**ing drug addicts on this show through the years... more tragedy. I have lost count. Did we ever have some laughs about Robert Downey Jr.'s serious drug addiction?"

The crass montage which aired on NBC featured Limbaugh vomiting from drugs on a bathroom floor, in an apparent overdose.

Last year, Limbaugh announced to his radio audience that he was seeking treatment for an addiction to pain medication.

Calls to Michaels office went unreturned late Sunday.

Developing...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Filed By Matt Drudge
Reports are moved when circumstances warrant
http://www.drudgereport.com for updates
(c)DRUDGE REPORT 2004
Not for reproduction without permission of the author

LA_MERC_YellowDog
December 20th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Well its OK as long as its the Liberal's making fun of someone, its when you make fun of them is when its suppose to NOT P.C.

This Kind of crap Just makes me mad the nerver that some " STARS " have..

-FA- ManiacalClown
December 23rd, 2004, 12:29 PM
*shrug*

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 23rd, 2004, 12:45 PM
Yeah, probably a dumb move on NBCs apart. Personaly, i think Limbaugh is a loud mouth tool but the producer has a point about all the druggies from SNL.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==