PDA

View Full Version : Has it gone too far????

LA_MERC_Nutria
December 17th, 2004, 10:27 AM
http://www.local6.com/news/4004869/detail.html

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 17th, 2004, 10:35 AM
next we won't be able to put up seasonal lights because it will offend someone

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
December 17th, 2004, 10:40 AM
I was in the store the other day and the lady told me "Happy Holidays" and the lady behind me said "Yeah you have to watch what you say now I herd on the news that you can't say Merry Christmas because it will Offend Someone" When she said that I was like wow..

I can understand that it mite offend someone but that don't mean that everyone should stop what there doing and what they beleave in... BUT at the same time I can understand that it could offend someone...

Silent_Killer
December 17th, 2004, 10:56 AM
that was retarted. a chritmas tree, omg! it gonna make me cry. that's just dumb

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 17th, 2004, 10:59 AM
lol...I'm not religious at all and generaly think religion should be very seperated from matters of government...BUT...this is stupidity x 10.

Slayer
December 17th, 2004, 11:13 AM
How stupid!

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
December 17th, 2004, 11:16 AM
Continued unhappiness.

|Team Moped| Kripto
December 17th, 2004, 02:53 PM
HAPPY FESTAVUS everyone......boo x-mas....yeahhhh Festavus!!!!!

LA_MERC_goose
December 17th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Happy whatever you want. It's Merry Christmas in my house - always has been, always will be. Just like there will always be Easter! This politically correct crap is for the birds. Down with all of it!

roXet
December 17th, 2004, 03:38 PM
I'm all for seperation of church and state, but what moron thinks the christmas tree is actually a christian symbol? it's a "consumerist" symbol, but I won't start on that rant yet. =)

LA_MERC_Nutria
December 17th, 2004, 04:29 PM
What's next? Next year, will they push to not let the television stations play all the classic Christmas cartoons?

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 17th, 2004, 05:16 PM
This may sound crazy but lately I've looked at things and I'm seeing comparisons to ancient Rome. Rome became so prosperous that they became complacent and lazy. That along with financial problems and division in the military and civilian society ultimately led to the downfall of the great empire of the times. All this touchy feely crap is getting to the point we are going to disapear up our own arsses. I fear for the future of the country.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 17th, 2004, 05:20 PM
By prosperous, Imean size of the Empire....I didnt want to get called out on "prosperous" and financial prblems" in the same sentence. :p:

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==