PDA

View Full Version : Dual G-Cards

|Team Moped| Kripto
December 13th, 2004, 11:43 PM
I'm really surprised that someone hasn't mentioned this before. Anyway, I don’t want to ruin the surprise, so here is the MaximumPC article….

Notice the CS source FPS at 1600x1200 6xaa and 8xaniso.... 116.8fps!!!!!

Note:: MaximumPC is the best magazine ever, if you like computers. Think of it as a mix between Maximum and PC world..... Ask for it as a X-mas present, you'll love it!

cd
December 14th, 2004, 01:14 AM
oooooh i want one.... or two.... ?

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 14th, 2004, 06:28 AM
I would have to go with Perfect 10 over Maximum PC. :D

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 14th, 2004, 07:08 AM
Oooh...Perfect 10...wait wait...Computers. Ok, we, as well as the industry as a whole, have mentioned SLi several times over the last several months. Personally, I don't see the point in spending $1000 or more on a motherboard and 2 video cards if I'm only going to get 10-20% increase. Not worth it in my book.

aCiD
December 14th, 2004, 10:30 AM
i could barely aford just my one video card.. i mean if someone wants to place money in the "acid will gladly accpet any amount offerd on the dual video card" account.. then yea i r down for it :D

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
December 14th, 2004, 10:37 AM
LOL yea, it's bad enuf the high end cards are $400+ but then you want a SLI, that 2 cards and a SLI mB.

cd
December 14th, 2004, 12:27 PM
hey kids, your supposed to think of it if it were free.... if it were free.. would you be down? yes, i think you wuold.

cd
December 14th, 2004, 12:27 PM
^^^ the above logic explains why on sunday's during december, when all the store ads come in with the paper, im a happy camper...

LA_MERC_YellowDog
December 14th, 2004, 07:15 PM
Well.. If I had several Millon's of dollars and could afford to waist it like the Hillton Sluts do, then I would build every MERC in the Clan one. Then fly everyone to S.C. and we would have a big old LAN with all the games you could think to play stacked up in fresh new boxes that you can load up and take home with you as a momento...

MEMBERSHIP would have its PRIVILAGES THEN :)....WEEEEEE!!!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 14th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Looking at the numbers in that article, I don't see where the performance increase is all that great.

Not worth it imho...

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 14th, 2004, 07:58 PM
I'm down with dat!

|Team Moped| Kripto
December 15th, 2004, 01:30 PM
Well a lot of you guys are building new computers, some with the newer express slots. You could buy one video card now, and then sometime down the road buy another. I didn't think it would get such a cold responce here, You guys never take anything seriously... it's cutting edge and something to mark down for your new dream machine. Who says it wouldn't be cool to play CS with 4 screens, you could see people behind you!!!!

MindWerks
December 15th, 2004, 01:45 PM
I have the overclocked version of that card, and let me tell you. I run source at 1248x1024 at maximum graphic settings and get 160 fps. That's as high of a resolution I like running on my current monitor. It will be a while before I see the need to go SLI.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==