PDA

View Full Version : Algiers Bonfire

LA_MERC_Yankee
December 13th, 2004, 06:57 AM
Each year New Orleans and many of the other cities in LA along the Mississippi River light bonfires to show Santa Clause the way to the towns. Here's some pics from the one Saturday night. Enjoy.

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 13th, 2004, 07:15 AM
if you are trying to get Santa to come to NOLA, why in the world would you be wearing a LSU jacket? Everyone knows Santa is an A&M fan!

cool pics otherwise..hehehe

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 13th, 2004, 07:19 AM
Dat's cause it's not Santa, it's Papa Noel!

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 13th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Why would you do it now?
I thought that was a Christmas eve thing? Is that upriver?
I mean this is Algiers so anything is possible, do they burn it before the wood is stolen?

LA_MERC_Spark
December 13th, 2004, 08:41 AM
LMAO big D!

npor
December 13th, 2004, 02:25 PM
My family does that for Christmas every year, down in Pensacola, FL. My uncle owns a ton of land and we go out there and shoot firecrackers and bottle rockets ect. Fun stuff :)

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
December 13th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Yall anit burning Cows are yall? One of those pictures looks like there is a cattle gate burning!!! :madcow:

LA_MERC_Yankee
December 13th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Dragonlady']Yall anit burning Cows are yall? One of those pictures looks like there is a cattle gate burning!!! :madcow:

Those are people barricades. Most people have probably seen them at Mardi Gras. Funny thing is that before they start the fire there are tons of people lined up along them. Then once it starts going most people come running down the hill to get away from the heat.

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
December 13th, 2004, 03:43 PM
LOL

3rd picture passed the barricades.. what is that burning? LOL

LOL Poor little moo cows... LOL... That is one big fire. Yall had to have had the F.D. out there for that right?

NoXiOuS
December 13th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Yall anit burning Cows are yall? One of those pictures looks like there is a cattle gate burning!!!

of course, how can you have a BBQ without them?! lol.

j.k.

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
December 13th, 2004, 03:51 PM
LOL mmmm mmmm mmmm BBQ yummy...

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==