PDA

View Full Version : What do u do to relieve stress?

Inferno
December 8th, 2004, 08:48 PM
I'm tired, and stressed, what do u guys do to relieve stress?

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 8th, 2004, 08:49 PM
two words....

Jim Beam

:D

aCiD
December 8th, 2004, 08:49 PM
playing guitar :)

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 8th, 2004, 08:50 PM
i wish i still had a guitar :(

LA_MERC_Shadow
December 8th, 2004, 08:51 PM
Exercise

LA_MERC_Drax
December 8th, 2004, 08:51 PM
unable to say on the forums ;)

Inferno
December 8th, 2004, 08:53 PM
yeah drax, sometimes that don't work, but I guess for you, maybe you get alot!! :LOL1

aCiD
December 8th, 2004, 08:54 PM
get a cheapo one Max, there not that expensive at McFaddens. that new "dove" i think? that is an awesome awesome guitar for the money i would rather play that then the D35 lol, easier neck.

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 8th, 2004, 09:01 PM
I read...reading is VERY relaxing. And, I just got my guitar and had it restrung...so I'm going to be elarning how to play!

LA_MERC_goose
December 8th, 2004, 09:02 PM
Sleep.

aCiD
December 8th, 2004, 09:02 PM
w00t! go to "guitarnotes.com" best place to learn how to play. ya know how to read TABS? well i think there the easiest way to learn to play a guitar fast, but if ya need any help me lemme know, i love playing the geetar w00t

SaBeR512
December 8th, 2004, 09:27 PM
hmm.....usually me and my buddies on the weekend get a few packs of beer and some cigars and just kick it. but during the week id say playing cs gets alotta crap of my mind.

:peace1:

eNdOfBeGinNinG
December 8th, 2004, 09:37 PM
our family is into drinking for stress.. we are trying to find new ways, but this works best so far hehe

LA_MERC_Nutria
December 8th, 2004, 09:42 PM
Nope no stress here.

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 8th, 2004, 09:57 PM
i usually go into the fetal position after taking all my clothes off.

Apocalypse
December 8th, 2004, 09:59 PM
3 things help me a lot...
1.) exercising
2.) drinking
3.) Frederick Winters - hypnotist :)

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 8th, 2004, 10:39 PM
WTH!?!? You mean you can relieve stress??? Thanks for telling me.

Dont get Max started on TAB. We had a big 'ol convo about TAB vs standard notation and theory vs self taught.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 8th, 2004, 10:43 PM
lol - don't worry CFH - I took a lot away from our "discussion"

I'm not completly closed-minded!

|Team Moped| Kripto
December 8th, 2004, 11:00 PM
I cant wait to relieve stress after finals next week... My girlfriend finally get's back from europe after spending 6 months studying abroad .... :ldm :xmas3

}{y|3ri|)
December 9th, 2004, 02:14 AM
my family was in town this whole last week... the night they left i told my roomate to break out the Dr pepper... and BEAM.

How do i deal with stress? Laugh it off, think through it, or just have a tottal break down.

or.. not sleep.

LA_MERC_CS Widow
December 9th, 2004, 02:35 AM
1) Beat the snot out of a pillow
2) Get nakey with a snuggy blanky and park in front of the t.v. with a drink
3) Exercise. When you start to get tired, go a little further running purely on anger.
4) Write about what you're pissed or stressed about. Don't leave out any cuss words, names, or descritions. Punctuation doesn't count and it doesn't even have to be legible. When you're done, tear it to a million pieces and throw it all away.
5) Think of how much worse things could be.

:kiss

LA_MERC_BS
December 9th, 2004, 05:57 AM
Go to the gym, or go tear the streets up on the motorcycle.

aCiD
December 9th, 2004, 06:25 AM
TABS ROCK! WOOOOOO!!!!!
naw hehehe jp my dad and i argue about which one is better all the time, he likes to read chords i read tabs, not serious arurement, just "musical arguments" :dance :dance :dance

SnAkEbItE
December 9th, 2004, 07:27 AM
What I find works is this, I simply load up CS and who ever has pissed me off to the point where I'm stressed that day suddenly becomes everyone that I shoot, if I'm have a really sucky day and can't shoot for crap then I wind up just getting more pissed off and just quit walk away and just sit down and chill.

LA_MERC_goose
December 9th, 2004, 07:37 AM
I have a tendency to get in my truck, turn the radio up, roll the windows down (as long as it's not 20 freaken degrees and freaken snowing) and drive until I am almost out of gas. Something about driving that relaxes me, I don't understand why with all the moron (women) drivers out there. lol - I'm joking ladies, please do not try to kill me, I'm still trying to fly south for the winter.

LA_MERC_Sniper
December 9th, 2004, 07:41 AM
i have been stressed lately myself and sometimes well you know and if that doesnt work or if shes at work lol i have to play cs and if i play like i usually do i get more stressed and then i have to start over woohoo

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
December 9th, 2004, 08:04 AM
Fish! Love to fish! Nuttin like a quiet day on the river trying to catch some big catfish and downing some canned goods.

or Sledgehammer to computer works wonders as well.

LA_MERC_goose
December 9th, 2004, 08:13 AM
Always be wary of the Software Engineer who carries a screwdriver maybe this should read

Always be wary of the Systems Administrator who carries a sledgehammer
just a thought. lol

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
December 9th, 2004, 08:19 AM
That works! HAHAHAHA!

roXet
December 9th, 2004, 08:39 AM
I can't believe snake is the only one who said the same thing that I do, play some freakin' videa games!

I also will rock out to some music.

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 9th, 2004, 08:44 AM
oh yea, play video games is what I do as well
Nothinhg better than to go on the computer and find a server full of MERC's to relieve any heartaches!!!

SnAkEbItE
December 9th, 2004, 08:48 AM
I prefer to find a nub sever and get banned for hacking.

Daedelus
December 9th, 2004, 11:11 AM
well in the old days i drank to much or drove my cars fast playing music i like.
never the 2 toghether that would be bad. but i havent really drank in like 10 years and sold the sports car and trucks for family car. so both are pretty much over.
so it seems like for stress relief i play cs where i can shoot things up.Dosent help if i get in and get owend it just ramps me up more!! so got re-evaluate that. other wise i usually just keep it inside and let it build up.
sometimes i really think about counsuling so that i dont let it grow inside me till i blow.
hasnt happened yet but some times it can just feel it.

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 9th, 2004, 11:56 AM
I play hockey and put some people through the glass, or at the very least...let a slap shot go (as hard as i can) to the top corner of the net...if it misses and catches the goalie in the mask..well...hey...he chose the position, not me.

damn I love hockey!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GET A COLLECTIVE BARGAINING AGREEMENT!!!!!!

[sG] Dutchman
December 9th, 2004, 02:08 PM
I read...reading is VERY relaxing. And, I just got my guitar and had it restrung...so I'm going to be elarning how to play!

not to be rude or anything, but learn how to spell learning yesh lol

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 9th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Dutch...when you're able to spell, and to form words and thoughts properly in written form, then I'll listen to your suggestions. ;) Not to be rude or anything...

Inferno
December 9th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Hey this is supposed to be stress free! UHHH.... I need a back rub. :hug1:

Silent_Killer
December 9th, 2004, 02:48 PM
play video games, turm music up real loud, or just punch a pillow alot of times i heard that works.

SweetGirL
December 9th, 2004, 04:05 PM
1. shake-n-bake at the salon (or suntanning in the summer)
2. getting my nails done
3. getting a pedicure (toesies)
4. massage from a pro
5. day at the spa to include the above and facials
6. taking a drive to the beach to watch the sunset or kick around the sand
7. sitting in a very hot bath - with or without bubbles, not picky
8. writing letters/correspondence
9. reading medical books......including the Physician's Desk Reference (dont ask me why, just like skimmin' over that from time to time)
10. sewing
11. cooking
12. looking at boxes of childhood dolls, barbies, pictures, beads, jewelry - anything that brings back good memories of the past
13. balancing the checkbooks
14. picking on Drax
15. last but not least..................putting my kids to bed at night and shutting their doors.

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
December 9th, 2004, 04:31 PM
WOW SG You find number 13 as being relaxing? OMG I hate doing that it stresses me out so dang bad...

And number 15 I agree with SOOOO much... lol... 8:00 every night is MY TIME.. man kids sure do know how to stress someone out

LA_MERC_goose
December 9th, 2004, 04:57 PM
My mom says the same thing DL, and I haven't lived in my mom's house for 10 years. lol

LA_MERC_Drax
December 9th, 2004, 05:01 PM
14. picking on Drax

See, i knew i was good for something ;)

npor
December 9th, 2004, 05:06 PM
There's lots of things I could list, but my main ones would be taking a hot shower/bath and listening to music, loud hard rock music :)

LA_MERC_Nutria
December 9th, 2004, 05:13 PM
Now that I think of it.. shooting things can be relaxing. Go buy a 100 sleeve of blank cds, grab a gun and take to the field. They look real pretty when they shatter.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
December 9th, 2004, 05:50 PM
CD Shoot! The geek version of skeet shooting. I haven't thought about that one! LOL!

LA_MERC_Nutria
December 9th, 2004, 06:23 PM
To save yourself a little cash just save those cds that don't work anymore.

SweetGirL
December 9th, 2004, 07:41 PM
Dragonlady']WOW SG You find number 13 as being relaxing? OMG I hate doing that it stresses me out so dang bad...

And number 15 I agree with SOOOO much... lol... 8:00 every night is MY TIME.. man kids sure do know how to stress someone out

LOL DL....I like seeing all da money! I can relate to "Mr. Krabs" on Spongebob....THAT'S ME!! lol

I can't believe I forgot one of the more important stress-relievers..............SHOPPING!!!!!! Gimme Ambercrombie or any other store at the Mall, and I can forgot ma own name! Hell, I'd even settle for a trip to Target to carry the worries away......pfft on Calgon. hehehe

LA_MERC_Spark
December 10th, 2004, 05:29 AM
hhhmmmm Flying and sailing.... oh yeah and building stuff... all kinds of stuff..

LA_MERC_Drax
December 10th, 2004, 06:17 AM
"Mr. Krabs"

NO COMMENT!!! :help

LA_MERC_Spark
December 10th, 2004, 12:04 PM
LMAO!!!

SweetGirL
December 10th, 2004, 02:45 PM
"Mr. Krabs"

Takes one to know one, shrimp.

Silent_Killer
December 10th, 2004, 09:18 PM
hrmmmm..........NO COMMENT!!!!!!111!!!!!!

drax ur in college and still cant use proper english sad sad sad
*plz refer to drax's avatar*

LA_MERC_Drax
December 10th, 2004, 11:50 PM
Happy now, ya terd!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==