PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver Q&A

Maximus
December 8th, 2004, 02:50 PM
K, here's the deal...I need to make a simple form with Dreamweaver MX 2004 that people can get online to fill out and then all they hafta do is hit the Submit button and it emails all the info to my email address...I thought it would be simple, but I'm running into roadblock after roadblock...Does anyone know what I might be doing wrong? Please HALP!!!

Maximus
P.S. Hey everyone! Also don't forget that my band First Strike is playing at the Hard Rock Cafe Sunday, January 9th in New Orleans at 2:30!

roXet
December 8th, 2004, 02:59 PM
what kind of web server are you running on?

Maximus
December 8th, 2004, 03:10 PM
I'm not...It's just a simple fill in the text box and then hit Submit...that should email it off to me...

Maximus
December 9th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Yo, anyone know how to make a Submit button work right? It's simple...Fill out a form online, click the text button, and the results are emailed to you, right? How does one do it in Dreamweaver MX 04??? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

SnAkEbItE
December 9th, 2004, 10:33 AM
I know how to do it via front page but, never messed with dream weaver sorry.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
December 9th, 2004, 10:50 AM
Its basically a php script. Just Google it.

<INPUT TYPE="submit" NAME="submit" VALUE="submit">

<INPUT TYPE="submit" NAME="submit" VALUE="submit">

LA_MERC_Temp
December 9th, 2004, 11:51 AM
depends on which way u wanna do it. The easy way is have the form be mailed using your default email system on the clients computer. Another way would be to do it in php if your server allows it. Then you could use the php mail function to do it for you.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
December 9th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Why did you start this second thread on the same issue? Now we got 2 going with people trying to answer both

LA_MERC_Temp
December 9th, 2004, 02:22 PM
yeah, i didnt remember seeing all these posts when i posted my response

}{y|3ri|)
December 9th, 2004, 02:26 PM
see attached...

}{y|3ri|)
December 9th, 2004, 02:32 PM
This is the start code for the forum. Notice the Action is a webpage, this is because i have mulitple pages in my form (information is being stored by php session for each page).

<form name="myForm" action="ts.survey.php" method="post">

your going to need to use something simple like toby showed. I use a detailed php script mailit.php to send the e-mail etc, you cant just send emails from a form anymore, changes to IE have prevented you to just submit to e-mail. there are several scripts you can find on www.hotscripts.com or just write your own...

}{y|3ri|)
December 9th, 2004, 02:44 PM
ok im bored:

Example of Simple Form:

<form action="mailit.php" method="post">
Name: <input type="text" name="name"><br />
Email: <input type="text" name="email"><br />
Subject: <input type="text" name="subject"><br />
Text:<textarea name="text" name="text" cols="50" rows="10"></textarea><br />
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Send">
</form>

Just as how i sent my form to page two, here you are going to be sending it to "mailit.php".

here is what mailit.php will look like:

<?php
@extract($_POST);
$name = stripslashes($name);
$email = stripslashes($email);
$subject = stripslashes($subject);
$text = stripslashes($text);
mail('[email protected]',$subject,$text,"From: $name <$email>");
header("location:form.php");
?>

God someone change the colors for the background of the PHP code BB please! lol

LA_MERC_Temp
December 9th, 2004, 04:01 PM
http://www.apptools.com/phptools/forms/index.php

This link has a great tutorial using php to do email.

Temp

Maximus
December 13th, 2004, 02:58 PM
I heard there was a simpler HTML code for it, but I've tried Googling it, and all I've gotten is PHP stuff or someone trying to sell a book for it...

Maximus
December 13th, 2004, 03:04 PM
I guess here's another question...How do you make that PHP code and where do I put it, and OH MY GAWD I FEEL SO DUMB!!! how do I make it send that stuff to my email address? that's all I need...geez, this seems like it should be a simple task...Hence why I guess I feel so dang dumb!

Maximus
December 13th, 2004, 03:39 PM
k, I just found out from directnic.com (our website host) that they don't support MySQL and stuff like that.

"Please note that directNIC hosting does not support server-side programming languages such as ASP, Front Page Extensions, Perl, PHP, or CGI."

Now, I guess I'm still a noob, but what the hell does that mean? That I can't do this form at all?

Maximus
December 13th, 2004, 03:52 PM
k, maybe if I showed ya'll a pic, it'll jog something...click on the Submit button, and the info above goes to my email addy! So how do I make the button send that crap?! ARRRRRRGH!!!!!

MindWerks
December 17th, 2004, 01:30 PM
If your hosting site doesn't support server side code then you won't be able to send email via the web since you won't have access to their SMTP service.

}{y|3ri|)
December 20th, 2004, 12:36 PM
"Please note that directNIC hosting does not support server-side programming languages such as ASP, Front Page Extensions, Perl, PHP, or CGI."

can we say "get a new hosting company?"

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==