PDA

View Full Version : Lets try?

eNdOfBeGinNinG
December 8th, 2004, 12:20 PM
Title says it. In past week or so a lot of threads have been closed or deleted due to flamming or leading towards it. I've been trying to keep peace between merc and uga, but not getting much help. But i'm not giving up quite yet. Lamerc has some awesome guys in the clan that I get along well with, and wish to continue to get along well with. They also have some guys that I didn't get along with quite so well, but after a few pm's we seemed to patch some things up, and will continue to stay friends. Guys I want things to work between La_merc and uga. Everyone says this happens once in awhile, a breaking of clans to forum others and they begin to hate eachother, I personally don't want it to be like that. So can we try? Can we just try to get along with eachother, on both sides of the board? I'll be the 1st to say i'm going to try and get along with my friends, no matter what tag they are wearing. A lot of stuff has been said, and its hard to take back once its been done. But i'm going to apologize to merc members and others if I have in anyway made you feel bad, or angry towards me. I have no hard feelings towards any of you, and I really want it to keep that way on both sides. Please no flamming, don't want to see this thread closed on account of people can't behave. Thanks for your time in reading this.

-brandon

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 8th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Brandon, I really don't think that this is about 'what someone said', it's more about actions than anything else. I personally think it's pathetic that someone can join a group, like Merc, just to leave because of a difference of opinion with one or two people. I know you left for your own reasons, and I'm not aiming this at you in any way. UGA, IMHO, has done this to themselves by acting the way they have....and yes some Mercs have acted regretably too, including me at times....but I'm still Merc, and things are better now. Every post by Acid lately has some sort of smart remark towards merc, how do you expect us to react? let it go? I don't think so.

Al

}{y|3ri|)
December 8th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Its all about respect...

When i left merc there was respect shown on both sides... Respect will be given where respect is deserved. If we dont respect each other how can we respect thier clans.. etc

It is obvious that certain people do not respect each other, but its also obvious that alot of things are being taken way out of context and too seriously.
Brandon i applaude your efforts to keep the peace. One key factor though, both sides have to want peace. LA_MERC leaders have seen this type situation over and over and over and over again to the point to where they are sick of it. "Being the better clan" and what not. I think its always hard for people to take change, but the people that are changing still need to respect what was there before.

Edit: and im not saying its all aCIDs fault, i happen to like the guy. But if he wants respect for his new clan, then he has to shown to others as well.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 8th, 2004, 12:33 PM
How about we STOP DISCUSSING IT and let sleeping dogs lay. Its not really helping.

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 8th, 2004, 12:53 PM
Brandon,

I want to thank you for your open and honest post. All to often, we tend to get caught up in the "you've wronged me and I'm going to make you pay" mentality. Personally, while I am sad about the things that have happened, I don't feel wronged in any way. Everyone is entitled to their opinions on what REALLY happened, but only those involved really know the truth...and sometimes, truth is a relative thing - That is to say, what I know to be true may not be true for someone else.

Why does it always boil down to this? Why is it that when a few members of a large clan leave, that they are never able to get along afterwards? To be honest, I don't know. Some people may feel as though it's a personal attack on them or their "family". I know that's how I was looking at it at first. I thought to myself, "These guys are not only leaving the family, they are leaving me...what did I do wrong?!" Then again, I'm one of those people that always blames myself whenever anything goes wrong. Lucky for me, I've gotten past this and have no hard feelings toward any of the guys that left.

Now, I do have a problem (ok, so I have more than one problem...but the problem I'm talking about here has to do with this topic...hehe): Why do we (and I mean "we" as in the people that are reading this thread and are posting) feel it necessary to belittle one another and cut each other group down? Both sides have done a fair share of it, so no single group is to blame. Then again, I could look at this another way...

Right now, actually everything will be over in 5 days, I'm going through a divorce. My wife and I were just not compatible and it was in both our best interests to split up. Now, our situation is, in some sort of twisted way, similar to what we have going on here. A few members decided that it would be best for them to leave and start anew. Sometimes, as it has been for Alicia and I, it's best to just split up and walk away until the emotions have died down enough for the two people (groups) to be able to get along again. Maybe that's the best way to handle this situation...I don't know.

Anyway, the point to all of this is, I don't see why we have to do this every time. Quit starting crap...it's stupid and childish. Let's act like the adults that we are.

Scott

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
December 8th, 2004, 01:00 PM
That was a good post EOB and Hybrid pretty much hit the nail on the head and he's been around in the admin forums for some of the other break ups.

Eob, just to clearify a couple things. Its not necessarily the breakup that caused turmoil between the groups, its the things that happen after the split. We haven't gone cause trouble in the uGa server or forums, to my knowledge. If some of our members have, let someone in leadership know of this. We just just ask the same respect in our forums and server.

I apologize for some of our members as they have been defensive about some things lately. Some of their replies had good merit but were just expressed a little to strongly. Those things will happen as not everything can be controlled 24 hours out of the day. Hopefully, it will settle down soon and we can get back to having more fun.

SnAkEbItE
December 8th, 2004, 01:19 PM
Well is this where I say I love everyone?

Mabey not....just it's hard this I do know that when people leave yes it's like they are turning their back on the friendship that is and was formed...or it seems that way mabey at the time. Yes as people grow they sometimes grow apart, but the reason is that as they grew they didn't grow together. In other words they did not maintain the relationship as they should have. This applys to all types of relationships, both of a personal or romantic nature as well as just being friends.

Guy's my suggestion on this is this...remember that once words leave your mouth or are typed in and sent they can not be undone.

If you are truely firends or where then I would suggest that you give time for things to calm down, let the hurt feelings on both side to diminish and then go from there.

Oh and by the way I don't love you all I actully hate you all lol...

Well not really just Biggie cause he don't love me no more..

roXet
December 8th, 2004, 01:33 PM
snake, I saw your halloween picture, you *do* have a purdy mouth!

SnAkEbItE
December 8th, 2004, 01:35 PM
Naw that was Corbin my #1 boy...

Fragmonkee
December 8th, 2004, 01:41 PM
hey what about us klanless ones? huh? when am i going to get a klan invite? its not fair i say..:)

eNdOfBeGinNinG
December 8th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, means you do care how the outcome, or better yet how eachother feels. I tried not to pick one topic to say "lets fix it" I just wanted in general to be kind to one another. There will always be the nitty gritty topic about this person did this and this person did that, but if you look at it as a whole, and try to help it as a whole those little things seem to not matter as much. Not saying forget it, but if an honest apologie is giving, maybe forgive it. If we just tried to get along, try to put the past behind us, and just had a positive attitude I think things would work out, and those little comments won't come to mind to begin with. I don't think just letting it drop and die out is a good suggestion.. specially how people are feelings now. Plus dying out is not what I want between friends anyway! I want to feel welcome to merc forums and server, and same goes for the merc fellas towards uga! Hybrid is right, if we all respected one another we would not even think about underminding or calling eachother out with smart arse remarks. I respect the merc clan, and everyone in it.. which is why I started this thread to begin with. I personally won't be trash talking anyone due to the respect I have for them. And after reading some replies, I even have more respect. Hybrid is also right when it comes to trying to work it out with the leader! Sounds corny but if the leaders of lamerc wish to have peace between eachothers clans, all of us at uga will partake in it. I'm sure it will take more then that, but i'm willing to do what it takes. And if you don't agree with someone, take it to the pm's guys, but still think about what your sayin. Again thanks for you guys for replies, looking forward to more.

Silent_Killer
December 8th, 2004, 01:55 PM
wth does that have to do with this thread.

as for this lil thing i agree with Eob we need to get along. i might not be in the merc or in Uga but i have a statement.

all this fighting thats going on between ya'll needs to stop. i remember a time when everyone in uGa pretty much was in merc (acid, jay, etc.) now i dont know who is saying things but acid, u have to remember all the respect that was shown to u when u were a merc. I think u and ur clan should show the same respect that everyone gave u when u were in merc. this is all IMO.

~Sk~

LA_MERC_goose
December 8th, 2004, 02:45 PM
SK, sit down and shut up - goober. lol :D

Guys, I have no hard feelings toward anybody in any clan, past or present. I have learned that through life people have a difference in opinions and a difference in thoughts. I thought this was a tight family ... it's not. We are a family, everyone of us, from every clan, from every state and from a few different countries. We will never, ever all get along but what we can do is byte our tongue and keep our mouths shut. As }{ said, if you want respect you are going to have to earn it, not have it giving to you on a plater. With that being said, I respect ever single person on these forums (even Yammer, for some twisted reason). I ask that every person that reads this will have the same respect for me and those around us. A'ight children, settle down or I'm calling the principle

SgtJeff
December 8th, 2004, 03:11 PM
Thanks all for posting. Now that we are all nice and patched up. I dont think anything else needs to be said. With that having been said, Thanks for playing, buh bye.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
December 8th, 2004, 03:12 PM
You can't stop me!!!.. nub.. lol@jeffypoo

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 8th, 2004, 03:14 PM
what a nub ;P

ig.deviant
December 8th, 2004, 03:32 PM
well now that everything is fine and dandy...lets play some cs :laugh:

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 8th, 2004, 03:36 PM
ahhh!!!!! thread lock hax!!!!!!!!

aCiD
December 8th, 2004, 04:02 PM
I know you all are talking about me, the one being the "people" starting all the "crap". Im not going to lie, it is. I don't know why i am like that, maybe its because i dont like people "calling" me out when i dont really even "know them". I can handle comments better given to me, better then written. But, with that being said i want to apologise for being such a smart arse sometimes. I cant help it, ask Brandon, he has known me more than anyone, i REALLY do have a smart mouth. I speak before i think. I need to stop doing that. I apologize for stirring up so much ruckus. I hope that one day uGa and Merc will be able to not have as many disagrements. Again, i apologize for saying the things i have said and i hope you all do not hate me. If you do, please tell me face to face, not on the computer, that just makes things worse. Sorry again.

aCiD

LA_MERC_RiverRat
December 8th, 2004, 05:36 PM
The same goes for me. Everyone in LA_MERC who has been around long enough knows the crap I have said and/or done and I am sorry for that as well. Not only do I speak well before I think, things also really seem to get under my skin when they shouldn't :(

To everyone in LA_MERC, I am sorry for the way I behaved. I have been trying a lot to handle things differently, not just with gaming, but with life in general. My wife also left me 6 months ago and I decided it was time for a change in everything. There is a lot that I still don't handle the right way and I am working on it. It's going to take time, although I want it sooner, and I hope that the ones I have hurt and/or offended can forgive me and I hope and wish that one day uga can become a tight knit friendly clan with LA_MERC just as the [C.O.P.S.] clan is.

I'm sorry.

Jay

[sG] Dutchman
December 8th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Well my "saying" is not going to be long but I want to say something. I seen now that people leave clans and new ones come in.If I ever join lamerc which by the way is my dream, I will stay in it no matter what happens unless illegal or latech want to kick me out. But everything I sometimes say about this clan is bad (I did a couple times) I don't mean it.I either was upset about something or really mad.

I don't want this clan to break up this is my #1 favorite clan.I want to be in it and I don't want it to break up you guys are my family in away. Even though i'm not in the clan I still consider you guys my family. :) Even though I make sometimes illegal mad but I still try and be good friends with him.

One day I (mike) want to be really good friends with all of you And, all of you guys are my heroes not just one of you, all of you guys. :)

-Mike

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
December 8th, 2004, 05:57 PM
Dude, You have GOT to learn how to make sentences and spell correctly in your posts. I get a headache trying to read them.

:stick

[sG] Dutchman
December 8th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Dude, You have GOT to learn how to make sentences and spell correctly in your posts. I get a headache trying to read them.

:stick

hmm thats why i'm in school still. i'm trying I will learn after awhile but , try to at least read mine sorry for the trouble.:( I will fix it

[sG] Dutchman
December 8th, 2004, 06:11 PM
ok now and read it.sorry again

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 8th, 2004, 06:22 PM
lol,....boon!!!!

[sG] Dutchman
December 8th, 2004, 06:24 PM
grrrrr..........your going to pay one of these day I want to own you on 1.6 lol

LA_MERC_Andyconda
December 8th, 2004, 06:27 PM
Brandon, I was sorry to see you and Hybrid leave. I wish I could have intervened a little before, as I could offer so much advise on clans. Like snakebite, I have been around for a long time. As with Jay, Darren, and some others we have literally seen it all. I use to be in a clan WFO and we went to CPL and were heavy allies with Merc. It was a very friendly and fun rival much like we have with the COPS clan now. After WFO died out becuase it was simply so much work to keep up a server, webpage, forums, and LAN planning I was lucky enough to get into merc. I hope this can be the same with uGa (does that stand for University of Georgia). Your an awesome friend Brandon and I have no doubt we will continue to do so. I have no problem showing respect to someone that in turns gives it back. I'm man enough to give it first too. That being said, we should agree to disagree. Lets move on now that appologies have been given and lets PLAY.

P.S. If anyone wants to play I will be on the MERC HL2 DEATHMATCH SERVER (The map complex is out of sight. Damn that is fun to play). I hope they update CS Source soon with the HL2 features.

aCiD
December 8th, 2004, 07:49 PM
Uga means :

Underground Gamers Alliance

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 8th, 2004, 08:11 PM
LMAO

aCiD
December 8th, 2004, 08:18 PM
LMAO

Why?

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 8th, 2004, 08:23 PM
maybe he farted?

aCiD
December 8th, 2004, 08:23 PM
Ooh

LA_MERC_YellowDog
December 8th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Phhht.. :bigfart

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 8th, 2004, 08:31 PM
I think he laughed at Andy

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 8th, 2004, 08:37 PM
or maybe, that really isn't Dirge......it could be someone on else on his pc impersonating him???? :)

aCiD
December 8th, 2004, 08:46 PM
:bigfart

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 8th, 2004, 09:10 PM
Because he unconsciously thought what I have been thinking about when I see uGa everytime. Where's the bulldog, biggest cocktail party in the world, etc...? Maybe its the SEC in me, I don't know, but it struck me as funny. Oh yeah, and you have red and black on your avatar doens't take away from it. weeee

SaBeR512
December 8th, 2004, 09:30 PM
:cheese1 :cheese1 :cheese1 :cheese1

eNdOfBeGinNinG
December 8th, 2004, 09:35 PM
over my headm didn't understand what ya mean dirge.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 8th, 2004, 10:36 PM
<holds EoBs hand to walk him though the scenario>

Andy asked if uGa stood for University of Georgia....Dirge laughed....Acid asked why....Dirge explained.... <end story here>

nub. :D

|Team Moped| Kripto
December 8th, 2004, 11:14 PM
Acid, I'm guessing you ride a motorcycle... just promis if you see a poor little moped driving around you wont try to kick them or run them off the road. Just because we are small and have a flat land top speed of 28.654 (an new speed record as of today) doesn't mean we're loosers....just in need of a larger motor...and frame...and wheels....crap...we do suck!

LA_MERC_BS
December 9th, 2004, 06:19 AM
Just because we are small and have a flat land top speed of 28.654 (an new speed record as of today) doesn't mean we're loosers....just in need of a larger motor...and frame...and wheels....crap...we do suck!

lol, man I can dig the moped thing. I'm saving up for a pocket bike racer. It's top speed is about 35mph. I have a GSXR 750. It's top speed is 187 mph. Thats because Suzuki has a speed limiter on it. A $15.00 bypass plug is gona fix that when I get time.

Man I hate to see any clan have problems. We've had our share as well. The bad thing is that if the problem is not fixed quickly, then sides are choosen and a war begins. The bad thing is that usually its between guys that were really close friends and it usually starts over something small. I hope everyone involved can get this thing resolved and get past it soon. If not, then it may not be fixable and friendships may be lost forever. I dig all of you, and I hate to see you at odds. No matter whats happened, remember that good friends are hard to find and they are not perfect.

aCiD
December 9th, 2004, 06:22 AM
Oh yeah, and you have red and black on your avatar doens't take away from it. weeee

The black and red avatar is from the chopper site im with, nub. What do you mean "dosent take away from it"? :stick

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 9th, 2004, 06:28 AM
heheh, you boon. UGA (University of Georgia)'s colors are red and black!

http://www.uga.edu/

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 9th, 2004, 06:47 AM
Go get 'em bulldog. sheesh

*wants to quote a line from O Brother...*

aCiD
December 9th, 2004, 06:59 AM
ooooh i gotcha lol

eNdOfBeGinNinG
December 9th, 2004, 07:07 AM
lol they mak'em smart dare in south carolina haha ;)

btw good post BS.. I guess at times you can be intelligent .. hmm that might be streching it.. but we still love you :) Thanks for all the positive post guys. I'm pretty sure we can work all our problems out

SnAkEbItE
December 9th, 2004, 07:21 AM
Well let me add this to the mix, we at -FA- would love to be a part of this close knit family as well. I know there has been members in the past that has had issues with others in this clan but, those guy's are gone and our membership is mainly built from people we have meet through our server. The cool thing about that is that, there is no history :-) Bottom line is this, I consider most of you friends, those I don't it's because I have not gotten to know you.

Oh and for the record I can be a smart arse with the best of them.

LA_MERC_Sniper
December 9th, 2004, 07:52 AM
who are you snake?

haha just kidding :P and acid you boon haha you must not pay attention to me hahah i asked you if that stood for U OF Georgia the first time i saw you wear it hahah i gues noone listens to me :*(

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
December 9th, 2004, 08:06 AM
lol, man I can dig the moped thing. I'm saving up for a pocket bike racer. It's top speed is about 35mph. I have a GSXR 750. It's top speed is 187 mph. Thats because Suzuki has a speed limiter on it. A $15.00 bypass plug is gona fix that when I get time.

Man I hate to see any clan have problems. We've had our share as well. The bad thing is that if the problem is not fixed quickly, then sides are choosen and a war begins. The bad thing is that usually its between guys that were really close friends and it usually starts over something small. I hope everyone involved can get this thing resolved and get past it soon. If not, then it may not be fixable and friendships may be lost forever. I dig all of you, and I hate to see you at odds. No matter whats happened, remember that good friends are hard to find and they are not perfect.

We have had our share of the brake-up as well. Bad thing about it is it took a year before people started talking and patching things up. There was a lot of hurt feelings on both sides and not sure if things will ever go back to the way they were but things are looking good and people are talking now. All it takes is one person to say "I'm sorry what can we do to try and work it out"
Things will work out just keep an open mind and except apology when givin. I'm not sure what happend and it's nothing that concerns me but I do hope that yall can work it out because we all love all yall and love being at the lans with all yall. I'm not trying to get in middle of it or anything but maybe something that BS or I have said can make things better before what happend to the [C.O.P.S] clan happends here. But things are looking great for us now... And it will with yall as well..

LA_MERC_Diesel
December 9th, 2004, 08:56 AM
This is not a flame...I repeat...this is not a flame... just a fact
D/L we have already had the split it is too late for that
as a group left before we had a chance to do anything
It is all about how 2 clans can remain friendly now.
but the best thing is that LA_MERC is becoming stronger and better after going though this...stay tuned for late breaking news...lol

LA_MERC_BS
December 9th, 2004, 10:20 AM
btw good post BS.. I guess at times you can be intelligent .. hmm that might be streching it..

I only have enough smarts for of advise giving ah year. I saved that one up all year. Anything I say after that will probably be giberish lol...

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
December 9th, 2004, 10:48 AM
like that post huh BS.... LOL me wuvs ya... :kiss

Daedelus
December 9th, 2004, 11:03 AM
this was way nice to see. yes there were many post i was going to add good to the point post. like in the WOW post but couldnt do to them being closed.
I applaud you brandon for starting this post as it needed to be done and thank all the guys for there well thought out posts and public appoliges it shows great class.
with that said i hope to stay friends with everyone and put stuff in the past in the past and move on.

thank you.

aCiD
December 9th, 2004, 11:20 AM
*wants to quote a line from O Brother...*

"Momma said hes bone-a-fied"

:d:

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 9th, 2004, 12:12 PM
I was thinking more about the one with a bag of hammers... :stick

|Team Moped| Kripto
December 9th, 2004, 10:59 PM
I think it's offical and everyone seem to be saying the same thing; The best way to end all of this is for me join LA_Mercs..... LA_MERC_Moped.... has a nice ring to it

:slap

:offtopic :bow :bow :bow

LA_MERC_Spark
December 10th, 2004, 05:22 AM
bag o hammers!! LMAO wut a great movie!! "We thought those si reens truned u into a toad" ROFLMAO!

LA_MERC_YellowDog
December 10th, 2004, 06:18 AM
" DON'T S33K TI-I3 Tr3aSuR " ... " W3 TI-IoUGHT U WaZ A ToAD "... LOL

aCiD
December 10th, 2004, 06:25 AM
"DOOO NOT! SEEK THE TREASURE!"

ahahah omg gottta watch it today

cd
December 10th, 2004, 09:32 PM
Well let me add this to the mix, we at -FA- would love to be a part of this close knit family as well. I know there has been members in the past that has had issues with others in this clan but, those guy's are gone and our membership is mainly built from people we have meet through our server. The cool thing about that is that, there is no history :-) Bottom line is this, I consider most of you friends, those I don't it's because I have not gotten to know you.

Oh and for the record I can be a smart arse with the best of them.

I just want everyone to know that I find this thread hilarious. Anyone who know's me or of me know's why.... wow, how many threads did me and Dirge have?? :D

And sniper, try not to mess with snakebite, he's reading on an 8th grade level now.

LA_MERC_Sniper
December 11th, 2004, 11:02 AM
haha Swueel like a pig boy heheh me wubs all you guys'

SnAkEbItE
December 11th, 2004, 05:22 PM
CD your a nub and allways will be.

cd
December 13th, 2004, 10:34 AM
True... BUT.... even when I'm not around, my name gets brought up in posts, yall cant live without me.... weeeeeeeeee

LA_MERC_Sabre
December 13th, 2004, 10:51 AM
i have to apologize, i have no idea who you are......

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 13th, 2004, 10:55 AM
cd is Corbin Dallas...he's a boon

aCiD
December 13th, 2004, 11:26 AM
and nub :d:

}{y|3ri|)
December 13th, 2004, 11:53 AM
but hes got sexy hair!

LA_MERC_Spark
December 13th, 2004, 04:14 PM
and a purtty mouth! LMFAO!

Daedelus
December 13th, 2004, 04:51 PM
secind that a purty mouth heeh or so ive heard. good to see you still around corbin

cd
December 14th, 2004, 01:23 AM
damn... i guess i asked for that.... rofl

SnAkEbItE
December 16th, 2004, 09:43 AM
Yes you did and I still have the pictures to prove that you have a purty mouth do I need to prove it?

SweetGirL
December 16th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Yes you did and I still have the pictures to prove that you have a purty mouth do I need to prove it?

I have no idea who cd/corbin is or why you say he has a "purty mouth"....never heard the story. IS there a story behind that? Picture?

LA_MERC_Spark
December 16th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Well.... It all started at Arma 1 when i decided to have cfh dye my hair blue........ LMAO!

SweetGirL
December 16th, 2004, 06:19 PM
Well.... It all started at Arma 1 when i decided to have cfh dye my hair blue........ LMAO!

and then??!!

SnAkEbItE
December 16th, 2004, 09:19 PM
Well I arrive and CD says some smart comment to me so I just flippently throw out "You shure got a purty mouth boy.", well he didn't know what that ment. So like all boy's he went to the restroom to find out what that ment and got informed by Rooster I belive.

Oh and here is the picture...

aCiD
December 17th, 2004, 06:14 AM
errrr

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==