PDA

View Full Version : About the RIAA and stuff....

SaBeR512
December 7th, 2004, 07:49 PM
What do you guys use to download music?? Are the chances of getting sued great enough to quit downloading music unless its paid for?

Lately if been reading stuff on the internet thats making me really wonder...

REPLY ALL U PEPOLE!

LA_MERC_Onji
December 7th, 2004, 08:10 PM
http://www.emule-project.net

works great for me. its open source (no ads), and there hasnt been a song i couldnt find yet

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 7th, 2004, 08:23 PM
winmx

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
December 7th, 2004, 09:01 PM
WinMX is what I have used. Currently there isnt anything Im using. Like anything illegal there is a chance of getting caught. Just dont be a friggin retard and download 1000s of songs. I ussually pick a few songs I hear that I like plus 1 or 2 others from the same band. If all are good, Ill buy the CD. The days of D/Ling whole CDs are gone....for me anyway.

Swedish
December 7th, 2004, 09:15 PM
downloading music is illegal and im telling.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 7th, 2004, 09:17 PM
I've been using Limewire pro - as well as just looking through newsgroups. I generally use both methods when I want to find one particular song - if I like the artist, I go buy albums.

I'm strict about that - if we don't support the recording industry, there will be no more albums to download - PERIOD!

[forrest gump voice] And that's all I gotta say about that [/forrest gump voice]

LA_MERC_Dirge
December 7th, 2004, 09:23 PM
come on max you and I both know that if we don't buy CD's only the recording execs suffer. The bands don't make crap off of the cd's or airplay ;) Go see your fav bands when they are around. It's the best way to give them the money you would rather than buy the cd.

~a/c
December 7th, 2004, 09:43 PM
I use bittorrent...but only for legal downloads (i.e. live shows)

Pirating shows was eating at my conscience for too long, so I stopped doing it

|Team Moped| Kripto
December 7th, 2004, 09:54 PM
From what I've been told around here in college town from the university tech guys is that uploading is what kills you. I used to use Kazaa Light, but they are getting a lot of pressure right now and most of the songs are crap now anyway.
A/C, how does bittorrent work, do you have to upload something in order to download something?

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 7th, 2004, 09:54 PM
Oh yeah - i'm with ya dirge - however, great bands seldom come to Florence, SC :)

Last live concert I went to (that I wasn't playing in) was the Count Basie orchestra a couple of years back.

Last "big name concert" I went too was playing Backup for Ben E King (he doesn't have a band and hires local guys).

aCiD
December 7th, 2004, 10:05 PM
i use winmx, seems to be the one i've had less trouble with

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==