PDA

View Full Version : No sleep at all last night...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 2nd, 2004, 10:08 AM
Well, last night was interesting to say the least. Some kind of critter found it's way into my attic and kept us up all night.

I was actually concerned there for a while it was going to come through in the kitchen - or maybe cause a fire because it was chewing/scratching so hard above the overhead light that the bulbs were rattling.
Darn thing kept me up from 3:30 till 7AM and then I got a little nap after daylight when it shut up....finally :(

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
December 2nd, 2004, 10:18 AM
Time to set some traps! It is getting closer to winter. Them varmints are looking for a warm place to live.

LA_MERC_LaTech
December 2nd, 2004, 10:33 AM
Yep...set some rat traps. It could be a rat, squirrel...who knows.

SnAkEbItE
December 2nd, 2004, 10:40 AM
Traps? I would just get a shotty and climb up there wait and blast it. Let's see how l33t of a camper you are lol....

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
December 2nd, 2004, 10:45 AM
OMG....I just imagined Max doing an MP5 rush on them critters.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 2nd, 2004, 10:50 AM
hehehe - problem is that there is no REAL access to my attic - just those two little cabinet doors over the closet in my room (which I incedentally tied shut w/ an old Mouse last night)...

One of the advantages of renting - I'm prolly just gonna call my landlord and let him deal with it :)

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
December 2nd, 2004, 10:53 AM
hehehe - problem is that there is no REAL access to my attic - just those two little cabinet doors over the closet in my room (which I incedentally tied shut w/ an old Mouse last night)...

I can just imagine what those mice in the attic have to say about the Mouse that has them locked in. HAHAHAHAHA!

aCiD
December 2nd, 2004, 10:57 AM

One of the advantages of renting - I'm prolly just gonna call my landlord and let him deal with it :)

Saw-Zaw to cut hole, after your done, use some spakling. its all gravey!!

oh and btw max, set up some turrents, ya know, just in case ya cant be there when it comes down.. :d:

Slayer
December 2nd, 2004, 11:15 AM
Buy a cat.

No, wait. You can borrow one from RiverRat. I remember a thread of his a while back. Dude has like 5 cats. LOL

SweetGirL
December 2nd, 2004, 11:34 AM
I'd have IMMEDIATELY gone to a hotel. There's NO WAY IN HELL I'm staying around with something that has access to drop down into my bedroom, of all places! I don't mind a mouse or rat or even a squirrel, but I am envisioning very large, mutant cockroaches. I dun like roaches (oh, hey Drax, btw! *waves* lol).

Sergei Criffnoobsky
December 2nd, 2004, 11:37 AM
no need for traps.. get your double barrel shotgun out!!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
December 2nd, 2004, 11:41 AM
LOL @ Sweets - nah, I'm pretty sure it was a critter of the Mammal variety...I don't think I've seen the first Cockroach or "Waterbug" since I moved into this house in 2001...

Now Spiders on the other hand...EEEEEKKK!!!
What is it about old houses and spiders??

LA_MERC_Drax
December 2nd, 2004, 11:43 AM
I've had to hunt out several possums out of my parents attic and my aunts. Its weird, but they find a way to get in there, and they scratch around alot at night, and sleep during the day. Plus, they're fairly large, so they can make some noise. Another thing is that they won't starve because they'll eat insulation, which can keep them alive for quite awhile.

*note to self, bring critters to let loose in sweetz' room in New Orleans*

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==