PDA

View Full Version : CD ROM problems

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
November 28th, 2004, 10:50 AM
ok here is the deal. Both of my CD drives are messed up. The computer "sees" them both but in device manager there is a yellow exclamation point next to them. Also, they don't appear in "my computer." The C drive and the A drive are there but the 2 CD drives are not. When I put a disk into the drive the drive light flashes and flashes but it won't run the disk.

Ive uninstalled and reinstalled the device but nothing changes. When I double click on the drives in device manager I get the following error. "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing {Code 39).

Ive looked up new drivers on the net and could only find a generic driver for them. It seems to be a .bin file and I have NO IDEA where to put it. Any help would be great.

Even if I could find the original driver disk I couldn't run it. I do have a floppy disk with drivers for one of the drives but my A drive won't read that either. That thing has ALWAYS been tempermental. The drive does work though.

DRIVE INFO:

Lite-On CD drive LTC-48161H
Lite-On CD drive LTN-526S

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
November 28th, 2004, 01:42 PM
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3BQ314060

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
November 28th, 2004, 02:25 PM
Toby...YOU ARE THE FRIGGIN MAN!!! AGAIN!!!!

Fixed.

Gee, and I thought I had a virus from all the pr0n...go figure. :D

npor
November 28th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Yeah, I had that happen to a computer I was fixing up not to long ago. GJ M$ support :D

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==