PDA

View Full Version : YOUR NAME

Slayer
November 24th, 2004, 10:34 PM
I was just wondering why you chose the CS name that you have. I'm sure many of you probably just did it on the spur of a moment, but I wanted to see if someone had a reason.

When I started I just used my real name-Eric. :ldm

Slayer came from an incident during my time in a clan. Some punks(five I think) were using provocative language, and my warnings soon turned into slaying. Hehe, I believe I slayed them about 7-8 rounds in a row before they left. That's what? About 40 slays? Well, you get the idea.

I was once SilentSlayer, ETO_Slayer, and even $|_@`/3|2...I wasn't too crazy about that last one. :) My name changed, but I always kept "Slayer".

Well, LoL, sorry about giving my cs life story, but anyone else have something that helped them choose their name? :dunno

ig.deviant
November 24th, 2004, 10:45 PM
well cant really say anything about mine...it just came up on the top of my head and been using it ever since. later on one of my friends pointed out to me that it was in the dictionary and i was like really? so i went to go check it out and there it was

Daedelus
November 24th, 2004, 10:49 PM
Well real name is Brian R. started in cs under the name Big Poppa Pump (for scott stiener my fav wrestler). and it has been changed many times from clans:P$ and section one , then to La_Merc_Big_Poppa. but finally whent it progressed to La_Merc_Daedelus.in CS and in star wars galaxies
(GM)Galactic Mercenaries Daedelus and in (coh) THE HORDE Daedelus.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 24th, 2004, 10:50 PM
A highschool friend dubbed me madmax at age 16 due to my 1337 driving skillz!

at this point - i answer to Max as easily as Jayson :)

[uGa] Saint
November 24th, 2004, 10:59 PM
i started with a buncha different names, i kept changing it and just stuck with saint, just sorta a joke i guess seeing as i go to a catholic university and Im not catholic. I moonlight as MooCow and Tasty McGee.

NoXiOuS
November 24th, 2004, 11:47 PM
ummm, because i can be really obnoxious? lol

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 24th, 2004, 11:50 PM
YellowDog, Is what I became known as around the race track, and demolition derby feild.

As you probly can guess I paint my cars Yellow and stencel Yellow Dog on the sides.

Im real well known as being a crazy driver.... Just dont hit me, unless you want to get hit...

Yammer Hammer!
November 25th, 2004, 12:45 AM
Had a Yamaha motorcycle and still love them.

npor
November 25th, 2004, 01:06 AM
I've used SoSo since I bought Diablo 2, before the expansion came about. (I was such a toddler :D) I've used npor/Npor/NpoR for a few months now - it came from this hot chick at school :D

Swedish
November 25th, 2004, 02:56 AM
real name is jake meaning coolest kid in the world and bad typer.

cs name= Swedish. this came about one night when a few of my friends and i were at a party. my friend paul was introducing m to people and everytime someone came by he would say this is jake and hes swedish. so by the end of the night he had alot to drink and he just started telling people my real name was swedish. next party i went to half the people called me swedish and it has stuck ever since.

Swedish
November 25th, 2004, 02:57 AM
I moonlight as MooCow and Tasty McGee.

i vote that you should use tasty mcgee all the time. best name ever.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 25th, 2004, 08:51 AM
MooCow !!! LOL that rules :)

Redneck
November 25th, 2004, 08:57 AM
Hmmm I wonder why I chose my name........ if you have heard me on voice I think you get the idea.

aCiD
November 25th, 2004, 09:02 AM
i do drugs (aCiD)

nah seriously, my first name on CS was Ac3DH4quR(Aced Hacker), someone pointed out that it looked like (Aced a Queer) so changed i changed it rather fast. Then just went with aCiD, dunno why..lol i use m00se and oinkgoat sometimes, but usually stick with aCiD. people always ask me if i do drugs, i say yes... but my name is the "corrosive acid" from batteries and such...

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 25th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Well back in the day mr.drug/acid and I were in a band, and we thought of the name End Of BeginninG. Once we started to play cs, I chose to use it, had a nice ring. Then Some call me "end" (corona) and most just eob. I started to use "fatal" when joining comp clans but I still love endofbeginning... bad part is the name is really long, and most rpg games won't fit =\

lmao frankie, aced a quer, I think dirge pointed that out when you two were good friends awhile back haha.

SaBeR512
November 25th, 2004, 10:58 AM
SABER........hmmm the truth is, this name was givin to me by god..........errr i dont remember :dunno

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
November 25th, 2004, 11:20 AM
I started out as Cowboy From Hell because I'm a big Pantera fan. I have CFH tattooed on my arm and my license plate on my car CBY4MHL (Cowboy From Hell). I was Big Brother for a long time because I was the iron fisted overlord of the forums but I have since returned to my roots. Like Max, I respond to CFH as well as Scott.

alt names are:
Paula Abdul's Mole
Hugh Jass
and a few others I won't tell you. :p

PaRaNoiD
November 25th, 2004, 12:02 PM
okay okay.. truth comes now-
I'm not a REAL sheep :(

obviously PaRaNoiD was my orginial name and that came from being.. well paranoid.. about stuff- a friend of mine used to tell me to 'quit being so paranoid' when i was like 12/13, (looking behind me alot.. i don't like people standing behind me- and when I'm last person alive ona map) and when I first starting playing cs 5-6 yrs ago? wow- that's too long, especially since I still suck- anyways,
I always kinda made a sheep noise when I got a kill or survived a round, I don't know why, but I just did- but NOT on mic.. but as everyone has done- once ina while you accidentally hit the mic button when you cough- or something without thinking, and I did the sheep niose, and APPARENTLY people like the noise, and laughed- soo it kinda started being a thing I did on mic. (and ALOT in real life- which has a REALLY funny story if you guys wanna know it PM me, lol)
at one point I used LA_SH33P_PaRaNoiD.... but I think the higher ups didn't approve :)
soo I changed to PaRaNoiD_sh33p.. and it stuck :D

woah- long story.. but thaz it @o.o@

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 25th, 2004, 02:51 PM
I'm going to copy and paste this from my blog because it makes the most sense
So, first things first. I go by "LaTech" in many different places and have been doing so for about 6 or 7 years. Wow...has it been that long? (I hear insane laughing coming from beyond a door that leads to my office and I am reminded of Doom3...I shudder). Yes, so...6 years or so. The name, of course, comes from my Alma Mater, Louisiana Tech University (La for Louisiana...and, well...nevermind...if you don't get it, don't blame me). At the time that I started calling myself this alias, I was still a student there. Actually, I was a student there, then I wasn't, then I was again...but that's a different story. Back when Team Fortress Classic came out (right after the release of Half Life), I began playing that and LaTech was the first name that came to mind. No, I'm not French, nor do I speak it. Regardless of the fact that I presently reside in Louisiana, and regardless of the fact that I went to high school and college here, the only French I know is how to say what translates to, "I don't speak French." I figured that was the most important phrase I could ever learn if I was to ever, say, invade France on my own (which I would win) or if I was lost way down in the bayou of South Louisiana. Anyway, I digress. The name followed me as I began playing CounterStrike, and has stuck with me ever since. Would I ever change my name? Sure...when I changed my real life name to Peter O'Brian. And that's gonna happen within the next 50 years...so just wait.

LA_MERC_goose
November 25th, 2004, 08:29 PM
Cause goose dies in the movie, just like I do in the game. go figure.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
November 25th, 2004, 08:39 PM
LOL@ Goose.

My name came from the main character in the game Requiem. Some people think I got it from the movie Children of the Corn. Never seen the movie...

Nyc.Coqui
November 25th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Coqui Is the native Puerto Rican Frog On The Island. Plus Its A Family Thing, My Uncle Is Uncle Froggy My Lil Bro Is Sapo <---A lil frog and i got stuck with Coqui.....

Slayer
November 25th, 2004, 09:35 PM
I'm not a REAL sheep :(

:e2 WHAT!?! NOOOOOOOOOOOO :e2

LA_MERC_CS Widow
November 25th, 2004, 10:30 PM
Until recently, I always had to be satisfied with seeing the back of CFH's head because he was on the forums or playing CS most of his free time. I finally gave up the fight and joined in, but not until I crowned myself a widow thanks to CS .... "CS Widow" (note the sig.)

Widow

aCiD
November 25th, 2004, 10:36 PM
lmao frankie, aced a quer, I think dirge pointed that out when you two were good friends awhile back haha.

i remember him pointing it out..... tis all
:d:

aCiD
November 25th, 2004, 10:37 PM
LOL@ Goose.

My name came from the main character in the game Requiem. Some people think I got it from the movie Children of the Corn. Never seen the movie...

i was thikning the Bible... doh

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 25th, 2004, 10:41 PM
Some people think I got it from the movie Children of the Corn. Never seen the movie...
Even though I knew that's not where you got your name...

GO RENT THAT FREAKIN MOVIE if you've never seen it!!!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 25th, 2004, 10:43 PM
As a side note...

I happened to be watching the news on channel 10 last weekend (normally watch 13)...and they have a "weekend" weather guy whose first name is Malachi! Thought of you instantly :)

Slayer
November 25th, 2004, 11:06 PM
Who was that guy that pronounced your name Mul Lah Chy? LMAO

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 25th, 2004, 11:47 PM
Ok, there is a long history to Andyconda. It goes like this.

Long ago when real time strategy games were just starting to make there mark I got into playing them. The first one was warcraft. It wasn't long from that game through the command and conquer games that I realized in every game the way to win was make sure you had realestate and resources. Then even if you made tactical errors you had the money or resources to still win the game. I made it my goal in every real time strategy game to get all the resources I could and put a strangle hold on my oppemets by cutting off their supplies. I got so good at it that a guy we played with would yell at me from the other room to stop blowing up his ore trucks (you have to had played command and conquer to get that phrase). He said I was putting a strangle hold on him like an anaconda does to squeeze the air out of their victim. In fact the movie anaconda had recently came out and when we played he said I would cut him off. He loved to say the phrase "You can't scream if you can't breathe." One day it just came to him as my name is Andy and I played like an anaconda by cutting off the resources (Jason O'neil a.k.a the jew) and he yelled out Andyconda and since then it has been my handle online.

Slayer
November 26th, 2004, 12:28 AM
OMG, WarCraft is soo old. I got the second one around here somewhere...

And I get the ore truck thing too. I had alot of fun nukin' people on Red Alert. LoL

~a/c
November 26th, 2004, 01:03 AM
a/c = my initials

Sgian Dubh
November 26th, 2004, 02:23 AM
Sgian = Knife
Dubh = Black, Dark, Hidden, or Secret

Sgian Dubh (pronounced 'skain-dew') is the name of the small knife you see in the top of a Scotsman's sock.

Historically, it is moved from from a hiding place on your person to this public view as a courtesy when entering an acquaintance's hovel ... 8^)
_

SweetGirL
November 26th, 2004, 07:22 AM
I'm a very sweet person........what else can I say? :kiss [anyone buying this? lol]

Slayer
November 26th, 2004, 11:21 AM
I'm afraid to respond to that actually...;)

Silent_Killer
November 26th, 2004, 02:20 PM
:stu

my name came from my head. i just thought of alot of killing and on all of my ps2 games etc. i sneak around and kill people.

Swedish
November 26th, 2004, 03:07 PM
i just thought of alot of killing and on all of my ps2 games etc. i sneak around and kill people.

i think you should take the silent part out. acutally you dont really kill anyoen either. you just need a new name haha.

Silent_Killer
November 26th, 2004, 03:14 PM
i think you should take the silent part out. acutally you dont really kill anyoen either. you just need a new name haha.

:rolleyes: ive been known to kill people.

[uGa] Saint
November 26th, 2004, 04:09 PM
:rolleyes: ive been known to kill people.

yea, but its usually teamates committing suicide to get away from you, lol

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 26th, 2004, 04:10 PM
my name came from my head. i just thought of alot of killing and on all of my ps2 games etc. i sneak around and kill people.

I got a better name for ya... Noisy_Nub :stick

[sG] Dutchman
November 26th, 2004, 06:37 PM
hehehe well my really name is Michael or Mike my very first name was "theflyingdutchman" then after awhile I thought it was too childish so I changed it to dutchman and I kept it ever sense that hehehe thats my life story lol

Slayer
November 26th, 2004, 10:37 PM
my name came from my head.

Well that explains why it's so meaningless. LOL :stick

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 26th, 2004, 10:40 PM
Well that explains why it's so meaningless. LOL :stick

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA! pwned!!!!

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
November 27th, 2004, 07:25 AM
hehehehe....yup SK was wide open for that one!

MindWerks
November 27th, 2004, 09:17 AM
I also created mine when I was a freshman in collage and wanted a spiffy name to go by. I thought about it for awhile and saw a Rifts book a friend of mine owned. I liked the title of it and made it my own. I've used that nick for over 9 years now.

I don't like how more people are using my nick though... why can't they get their own... theives.

http://webpages.charter.net/mindwerks/Avatar/mindwerks_rifts.jpg

Slayer
November 27th, 2004, 11:59 AM
Hehe, your avatar roxors MindWerks, LoL

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
November 27th, 2004, 12:32 PM
Thx for reminding me...avatar updated. :)

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
November 28th, 2004, 03:41 AM
Whelp, I used to go by Xaneth when I first started CS, my first and only internet game. Xanetholisis was the name of the main character in a book I was and am still hoping to write. When I came up with that name I didn't know that it was so popular as I've seen in a few times online, on the back to 2 different boats, and as the name of a guild in Forgotten Realms. Usually with it spelled Xanath, but what's the difference?

Now I go by exiles child because it was the name of a book that I read, well actually it was called "Exiled Children." But I'm pretty sure there is only one of me so I dropped the plural.(I don't count any other personalities I have) But I thought the name applied to me because of what has happened in my life.

SnAkEbItE
November 28th, 2004, 07:53 AM
I don't know I first started playing under litl_tim, and somewhere I transformed into SnAkEbItE I don't remember how or why but, I'm sure it had something to do with the fact that I have been accused of being sneaky like a snake. I'm also shure that it came from an experience from playing on this server because when I first started playing over 4-5 years ago this was the only server I knew about and played on.

}{y|3ri|)
November 29th, 2004, 12:16 PM
hybrid to me means a cross of many forms. Started using the nickname in high school because i was never a "cookie - cutter" person. Was a nerd with computers and video games, but yet i was the captain of the basketball and football team. I travelled so much that i was influnced by many cultures or races. LP is also one of my favorate groups, Hybrid Theory is a great CD.

Its written the way it is because a true hybrid can not be given a normal title / spelling.. and cause its looks l337

;p

Swedish
November 29th, 2004, 03:28 PM
i always thought it was because you are a girl/guy hybrid. guess im wrong

}{y|3ri|)
November 29th, 2004, 03:29 PM
no.. im a lesbian trapped in a mans body...

LA_MERC_Sabre
November 29th, 2004, 03:34 PM
I use to be LA_MERC_Canuck....when i was a canadian eh! But now since, I've turned to the dark side (american), I changed my name to reflect my all time favorite sports team aka Buffalo Sabres, yes that is hockey!

Let's go Buffalo! at least maybe next year :(

Swedish
November 29th, 2004, 03:57 PM
no.. im a lesbian trapped in a mans body...
dude same here. *high five* go lesbians!

[uGa] Saint
November 29th, 2004, 04:23 PM
you guys too?!?!?1 w00t! go wo/man power!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 29th, 2004, 04:28 PM
so...you guys are really homosexual women?

wow - that sounds like y'all need a good session on "the couch" to analyze that! :)

j/k guys :D

LA_MERC_Sabre
November 29th, 2004, 06:30 PM
I'm a woman trapped in a man's body!

er....did i say that right?

LA_MERC_RPSNIPER
November 29th, 2004, 09:55 PM
RP is part of the initals for the Police Dept. that I work for, RPD. I joined that to Sniper because I am a Sniper on the SWAT Team for our department.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 30th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Yeah, don't piss Henry Off. I've seen his 50 cal sniper riffle and satelite infared super "pretty sure it was nuclear powered" scope and he would have np clipping you at several hundreds if not a thousand yards. EASY.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==