PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh..Busted!

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
November 23rd, 2004, 07:35 AM
http://steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=184810&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

LA_MERC_Sabre
November 23rd, 2004, 07:49 AM
lol, dumb arse...

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 23rd, 2004, 07:53 AM
lmao...bunch of b00ns!!!

LA_MERC_Onji
November 23rd, 2004, 07:56 AM
lol yeah i saw this posted somewhere too:

According to this post on the Steampowered forums, Valve has banned over 20,000 Steam accounts that have been linked with warezed versions of Half-Life 2. One of the users who got banned writes:

on my account i had over 200 dollars worth of legit software. in the consumer world they cant just take it away form u. its like stealing. think about it ppl. vavle should have emailed me and warned i would get banned if i crossed the line or sumthin im sure anyone would stop what they are doing at the time. but no they just decied to take my account. doesnt to them 200 bucks is like 5 cents for them.

Sergei Criffnoobsky
November 23rd, 2004, 08:06 AM
Lots lots and lots of boons.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
November 23rd, 2004, 08:45 AM
lol yeah i saw this posted somewhere too:

LOL!!! NICE!!! He cracks the game then calls Valve/Steam thieves. Now you know what I have to deal with DAILY!! The world is full of morons.

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 23rd, 2004, 08:52 AM
and thus my account is blocked :(

well no, but glad I saw this post.. If a friend of mine was like "hey man, this cd key works for hl2 wanna have it?" I'd be like sure, why not. Glad that didn't happen

LA_MERC_Onji
November 23rd, 2004, 11:24 AM
here is the official word valve posted today about it:

Yesterday, Valve disabled approximately 20,000 Steam accounts which had been used to try to access Half-Life 2 without purchasing it. The method used was extremely easy for Valve to trace and confirm, and so there is no question that the accounts disabled were used to try and illegally obtain Half-Life 2.

Accounts also may be closed due to fraudulent activity in an attempt to obtain additional products for your Steam Account. This includes Credit Card fraud, theft of accounts you do not own and using cracked versions of Valve games.

If you violate the Steam Subscriber agreement your account can be permanently disabled and you will lose any products registered to those accounts.

If you believe this is in error, visit this support document for instructions.

Also, a few myths floating around out there that need to be cleared up.

First, Valve did not put out any kind of fake key or fake warez or hack instructions to trap people. The hack came from the "community" as do they all.

Second, the number of people who actually had bought HL2 and used the CD key cheat was VERY small. VERY small. Most people just tried to rip off the game and not bother buying it.

If your account was used by your brother, your cousin, your friend or even your mom and they attempted the hack and now your account is now disabled, you should discuss this with them. If you wish to contact Valve about this issue, visit this support document for instructions.

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 23rd, 2004, 12:03 PM
lmao " you brother, your cousin, your friend or even your mom" thats too funny!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==