PDA

View Full Version : You gots to be kidding me.

LA_MERC_Nutria
November 22nd, 2004, 04:56 PM
This is sick....
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=569&e=3&u=/nm/media_videogames_kennedy_dc

LA_MERC_goose
November 22nd, 2004, 04:58 PM
Sick , sick bastages

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
November 22nd, 2004, 04:59 PM
Yeah I seen this the other day on CNN. Not a very good idea.

Swedish
November 22nd, 2004, 06:00 PM
1. who would buy this?
2. why would you make this?

npor
November 22nd, 2004, 06:58 PM
Thats wrong...

What has the world come to...

bxrtsplatter
November 22nd, 2004, 07:08 PM
I saw it this morning on the news, but the funny thing is that The History Channel used the graphics from the game to show that Oswald could of fired all three shots that killed President Kennedy. THC claims to be using new technologies in research to prove that the shots came from Oswalds" rifle. THC was trying to put to bed the idea that the presidents assination was not a conspiracy. well if your going to use game graphics to prove your point. Something is really wrong.

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 22nd, 2004, 07:12 PM
do you know how many kids are going to buy/dl it now since they know you can do that? sick

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 22nd, 2004, 07:19 PM
That's freakin crazy. That's one game I won't get, that's for sure.

LA_MERC_Nutria
November 22nd, 2004, 07:29 PM
Now I hear there is a "reward" for the person who gets the closest to the actual shot.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 22nd, 2004, 08:35 PM
Now I hear there is a "reward" for the person who gets the closest to the actual shot.

100,000 dollars...According to the interview I saw tonight.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 22nd, 2004, 08:41 PM
I'm not even going to get started on this...

sick...just sick.

npor
November 22nd, 2004, 09:54 PM
OK, I can understand a game being made like that, for whatever stupid reason the developers did. But paying money to invoke on the tragic death of a president?!

I SAY OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!
AND THEIR WEINERS :D

npor
November 22nd, 2004, 09:55 PM
OK, I can understand a game being made like that, for whatever stupid reason the developers did. But paying money to invoke on the tragic death of a president?!

I SAY OFF WITH THEIR HEADS!
AND THEIR WEINERS :D

EDIT: Cut their wee-wee's off first and grill them with some nice bbq sauce and make him eat it! THEN OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!!1!

SnAkEbItE
November 22nd, 2004, 10:22 PM
Well here is the company's site if you wish to check it out I was going to post about this but was allready beaten to the punch.

http://www.jfkreloaded.com/start/

Slayer
November 22nd, 2004, 10:44 PM
Okay, I can understand THC using graphics to prove there was no conspiracy. BUT A GAME!! Geez...Won't be buying it for sure. That's why we have HL2 folks, so we can kill mean aliens, not our Presidents!

Yammer Hammer!
November 23rd, 2004, 12:28 AM
whatever has happened has happened. There really is no reason for anyone except relatives and close friends that would or should be offended by it. It's the past, and you can't change it. They are trying to prove a point. Not be sick and tormented and laugh about our ex president being shot. Don't we have a game called DoD? What is that? ok enough said quit whining about it, if you dont like it then simply dont buy it. what is this PITA now? roffles

Yammer Hammer!
November 23rd, 2004, 12:32 AM
not really trying to start any fights here, just expressing my views, and wondering why everyone is getting so upset about this. : /

[uGa] Saint
November 23rd, 2004, 01:03 AM
ermm.... randomly enough, i sorta agree with yammer.

we play games that put us in the shoes of the bad guys (battlefield 1942/vietnam etc...) and we kill countless americans and allied troops without even blinking or giving it a second thought, maybe its just the amount of time we should wait between games or something...? I just dont understand how people can develop the best strategies of how to kill as many americans on normandy beach as possible as axis powers, and see it as a game, yet take offense to a game trying to prove who killed president kennedy...just my opinion

Yammer Hammer!
November 23rd, 2004, 01:16 AM
Yea. Both sides have good points and i know where they are coming from, but we gotta think about it more, and what goes on with most games that have been coming out the past couple years. Personally I really don't like where the gaming industry has been going the past 5 to 10 years and I think that it has a lot to do with violence and behavior that kids are showing and slowly over time how it is progressing to the younger and younger kids, but we do have to take into account more and more people are coming into this world, and lets say 1950 there prolly wasnt but about 1 billion people in this world. Now there is almost 7 billion or something around there. :dunno oh yeah TV.

LA_MERC_Sabre
November 23rd, 2004, 05:02 AM
you guys have valid points, but this is a LOT different. He was our president who was assasinated....an actual, historical event. those games you speak of are not about real people.

LA_MERC_Nutria
November 23rd, 2004, 05:34 AM
DoD and Batlefield do not get personal though. They didn't go back and use real people's names for the game.

Redneck
November 23rd, 2004, 05:34 AM
Yammer, why are you saying that we have become a bread used to make Gyros with? So we dont like what this game stands for, no reason to say we act like a Greek Sandwich.

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 23rd, 2004, 06:20 AM
Well, the "game" does attempt to prove a point, but maybe they couldn't have made it into a "game" and maybe more of a educational thing. And saint, the games that recreate actual battles do not recreate specific details of any one person dying or being killed. The games are an approximation at best. And the games are not a one-sided, outcome pre-determined event. And yammer hammer, don't be a tool and come in posting junk like that. You always have a choice to not click on the reply button.

aCiD
November 23rd, 2004, 06:37 AM
Yea but its true. look at CS. Terrorist blowing up sites. CT's trying to defuse. I mean, maybe if they made the Kennedy thing into a video stating facts that really happened it wouldnt have been as bad. But there worse out there... dont be a hypocrit. :rolleyes:

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 23rd, 2004, 07:37 AM
I would like for you to explain how I am being a hypocrite?

CajunTech
November 23rd, 2004, 09:21 AM
Not gonna touch this thread :)

*Hides game receipt* j/k

[uGa] Saint
November 23rd, 2004, 10:29 AM
so basically you're saying that its ok to kill an unnamed soldier... but if they had the actual names the game would be trash...? I guess that may work for some, but I still dont see a difference. I guess then if they had the president's name different to one of a fictional character it would ok..? or if they allowed for you to be a secret service agent and the chance to protect the president, then the game would be ok? Huh.

aCiD
November 23rd, 2004, 10:50 AM
You play CS right? No? Yes? Okay.
Object - T's Bomb certain sites - some of the maps are real sites, most of the stadium ones are. So its okay, for those who play that game to try and nuke the Flordias arena right? Because i mean, its not really "real Terrorist name" or "real couter-terrorist names" right? Yea.... okay.

Is it a game? Yes. Is it twisted? Yes. Is it that only one out there that is twisted? No. Hit man- and all the other sequels for example are like this game. Sure the "JFK game?" Is sick, i agree, but its not the worst out there.

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 23rd, 2004, 11:53 AM
I guess you boys better re-read my original thread. Then try to figure out and tell me where the hypocrisy is coming from. I don't believe you will find me pass judgemnent on the game other than wishing it was not in a game format. Do I ever try to justify my playing of CS? No. Do I make a simple statement with my preference for the context of the JFK "game"? Yes.

Saint, what I mean is that the JFK "game" puts a specific name and a specfic face on a singular event which happens to both factual and tragic. The games you and I and everyone else here enjoy do not focus on singular events, rather their scope encompasses many events in a larger goal. Trying to compare counterstrike to the JFK game might as well be comparing space invaders to the JFK game. More of a case can be made for Battlefield or Call of Duty, but those games incoroporate several historic events in the context of historical fiction further entrenched in the ideals of fighting good vs evil in a tangible sense. True someone has to play the evil part from time to time.

My point was that the JFK game would be more beneficial to all if its context stayed educational and not entertainment. DGJ getting bent and self-righteous and qualifying to sit next to Ms. Cleo with your amazing mind-reading skills.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
November 23rd, 2004, 12:03 PM
It does make you ponder a good point. If by some way names were placed on the people you were shooting in CS then it would make the game no good. WWWRRROOOONNGGG. I especially love when I have the awp zoomed in and the word "LA_MERC_Sabre" appears right in the cross hairs. I know who it is I'm shooting and I enjoy it. The JFK game is wrong in so many instances that it's not even worth mentioning, but I'm not saying they shouldn't have made it. It's a free world and like most things in this country the mindless masses will by it for all the wrong reasons. I will however use my grey matter and stand for something I believe in and NOT waste my hard earned money on such CRAP. Peace "I'm out like a fat kid in dodge ball"

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 23rd, 2004, 12:19 PM
2 words.. personal preference
Some may feel the game relates to other armed killing games, some may feel its just a game, ect. Its up to you to play it or not. Having an opinion is one thing, preaching if its good or not is another. This is pointed at no one, its just how I view violent video games.

CajunTech
November 23rd, 2004, 12:53 PM
Blah....

Either they are getting desperate to try and gets kids to learn history, or it's more government coverup :p

Yammer Hammer!
November 23rd, 2004, 01:10 PM
Everyone is a winner on this topic! :D :partys

Yammer Hammer!
November 23rd, 2004, 01:28 PM
Pain In The Arse... whoever asked hehe : /

MindWerks
November 23rd, 2004, 02:01 PM
Does anyone thing JFK was a victim of HAX!!!!!

[uGa] Saint
November 23rd, 2004, 04:07 PM
I guess you boys better re-read my original thread.

Saint, what I mean is that the JFK "game" puts a specific name and a specfic face on a singular event which happens to both factual and tragic. The games you and I and everyone else here enjoy do not focus on singular events, rather their scope encompasses many events in a larger goal. Trying to compare counterstrike to the JFK game might as well be comparing space invaders to the JFK game. More of a case can be made for Battlefield or Call of Duty, but those games incoroporate several historic events in the context of historical fiction further entrenched in the ideals of fighting good vs evil in a tangible sense. True someone has to play the evil part from time to time.

i never said anything about counterstrike. I am looking directly at CoD and battlefield. Both of which name exact locations and stage battles as realistically as possible, in locations such as normandy beach. And im sorry if you consider that historical fiction seeing as most people i know including myself have lost or know someone who lost a relative in WWII, my grandfather saw the game and was disgusted that someone would make it. Like i said, i think it has to do with the length of time after the event and the naming of individuals. Im not saying its good they made it, just looking into why everyone takes offense to this and not other games.

LA_MERC_Shadow
November 23rd, 2004, 04:10 PM
I think this is a great educational tool. I think we should use more programs like this; I know I'd learn a lot. I want to see 9/11 the game where you get to fight off the passengers and crash the planes into the towers. Heck you can even use real footage and recordings so that I know what the terrorists felt and how one man could plan the attack. I also want to see the GW Bush mod of this game where you actually get to shoot our current president so that we can be educated on how easy/hard that would be. I think I'm going to propose to a software company to make a Columbine game so I can be EDUCATED about the killings...it's history. I don't know about yall but I'm ready to learn while killing.

LA_MERC_Shadow
November 23rd, 2004, 04:15 PM
Oh, and anyone notice that the company was Scottish that developed this?

"Kirk Ewing, managing director of the Scottish firm Traffic Games, which developed the game"

Nice to know that an American didn't come up with this. But I'm sure the French will by the hell out of the GW mod.

Silent_Killer
November 23rd, 2004, 04:39 PM
this game is wrong on so many different levels. why re-create this situation into a game? i'd like to find the creator, kick him in his nuts and ask him what the hell he was thinking. this game shouldnt be put in stores. just sad, very sad.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 23rd, 2004, 04:44 PM
this game shouldnt be put in stores. just sad, very sad.

Read up,,, its not YA BOON,

The game will be available via download for $9.99.

Yammer Hammer!
November 23rd, 2004, 05:29 PM
very true saint. everyone was all for the go after bin laden crap, now couple years later lot of people voted for john kerry, including NEW YORKERS! bunch of b00n's.

Yammer Hammer!
November 23rd, 2004, 05:32 PM
Silent Killer you are out of line, this isn't how you debate/argue, you are supposed to explain why you want something or why you don't, not just be barbaric and say i wanna beat him up i wanna do this or that. That just makes you look ignorant. : /

Silent_Killer
November 23rd, 2004, 05:32 PM
Read up,,, its not YA BOON,

i cant read lol. i looked at the game and closed the window.

Silent_Killer
November 23rd, 2004, 05:38 PM
Silent Killer you are out of line, this isn't how you debate/argue, you are supposed to explain why you want something or why you don't, not just be barbaric and say i wanna beat him up i wanna do this or that. That just makes you look ignorant. : /

lemme see, does it look like i care what u say. NO. u one to tell me how to do something. ya, okay. :rolleyes: lots of people say crap like " ima hurt em, beat their head in with a pipe." blah blah blah. do they do it? most of the time, no. so mind ya bussiness. u know what though, if u want the game get it i dont care.friggin waste of money if u ask me.

i give this game a Rating of R for Retarted.

Yammer Hammer!
November 23rd, 2004, 05:42 PM
its called constructive criticism.. like i said ignorant... :)

SweetGirL
November 23rd, 2004, 06:49 PM
I think this is a great educational tool. I think we should use more programs like this; I know I'd learn a lot. I want to see 9/11 the game where you get to fight off the passengers and crash the planes into the towers. Heck you can even use real footage and recordings so that I know what the terrorists felt and how one man could plan the attack. I also want to see the GW Bush mod of this game where you actually get to shoot our current president so that we can be educated on how easy/hard that would be. I think I'm going to propose to a software company to make a Columbine game so I can be EDUCATED about the killings...it's history. I don't know about yall but I'm ready to learn while killing.

I don't think I want you as my doctor anymore. LMAO Wonder how that sentence would look on your curriculum vitae, buddy??!! hahah *runs & hides from the future anesthesiologist*

[uGa] Saint
November 23rd, 2004, 07:14 PM
yammer... its total coincidence we have ALMOST the same viewpoint, but if you wouldnt mind, please dont talk down to people... lamerc forums are fun because of the randomness and often times completely biased views (that may or may not be peoples actual opinions).

btw, sam, get on those brownies... :)

Yammer Hammer!
November 23rd, 2004, 07:17 PM
Saint if you would read the posts carefully, you would notice im not talking down to anyone, just trying to help them.

Yammer Hammer!
November 23rd, 2004, 07:18 PM
It was actually the other way around

Nyc.Coqui
November 23rd, 2004, 07:24 PM
Ok Coqui is hear and all i have to say is ive tryed this game and it sucks very boring....Shoot the prez woopie doo....Advice People stick to awping on cs....ooo and yea when u shoot, the Police Officers and CIA guys bugg out looking around.....And its fun shooting the driver and watching the car crash...... i

I give it a 3 out of 10

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 23rd, 2004, 07:45 PM
Saint, I am not belittling WWII, its veterans, or anything of the sort. Historical fiction is taking an actual historic event and recreating fictional characters and sub-plots and such within the historic facts framework. Examples would be such as the movie "Pearl Harbor." Clearly, games such as Battlefield and DoD fall in that category.

Silent_Killer
November 23rd, 2004, 09:33 PM
you would notice im not talking down to anyone, just trying to help them.

good job at helpng someone. if thats ur definition of help, i dont need or want ur help. ill just leave it at that.

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 23rd, 2004, 09:50 PM
lol so many post twisting eachothers words and thoughts around.. amazing really!

Slayer
November 23rd, 2004, 10:51 PM
I still believe this game has crossed the line, but you who have said that war games are the same thing do have a point. However, this particular game becomes more personal and that it follows exactly what happened. CS, Battlefield Vietnam, etc. do have some actual events and realistic details in them, but the game itself is pretty random and the soldiers are not named after actual people that died. Reading your posts, I'm not as unfavorable to the idea as I was to begin with, but I still do not support its creation.

Also, I find it insulting that a foreign country would create a game that not only involved but also pinpoints on the death of one of our Presidents.

Yammer Hammer!
November 24th, 2004, 01:06 AM
All I did was explain what you were doing wrong and how it didn't make you look good by doing it. I never called you names or anything, you will never match wits with me. So please give up the evidence is right back there Silent. You have no argument.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 24th, 2004, 01:13 AM
All I did was explain what you were doing wrong and how it didn't make you look good by doing it. I never called you names or anything, you will never match wits with me. So please give up the evidence is right back there Silent. You have no argument.
I for one would never try to "match wits with you" as I would fear lowering my IQ.

Slayer
November 24th, 2004, 01:23 AM
']I for one would never try to "match wits with you" as I would fear lowering my IQ.

:owned

Yammer Hammer!
November 24th, 2004, 01:33 AM
My IQ is 136, if you got better than that good for you, but talkin about wits and you weren't spoke of.

Yammer Hammer!
November 24th, 2004, 01:37 AM
I dunno though I do feel stupid after arguing with a 14 year old that likes to shoot off his mouth.

[uGa] Saint
November 24th, 2004, 03:09 AM
and i feel stupid after reading your double posts... you'd think that you'd learn there's and edit button if you felt like adding more to a post...

and Dirge, you're illustrating my point exactly... games like CoD and Battlefield are "historical fiction", or in other words, very tragic very bloody, very sad events, that software companies made into a game with very LITTLE story change. But its ok because no REAL names were added. I'm saying that maybe had they used "historical fiction" to maybe make a game that had us shooting the american president in, i dunno, salt lake city, and naming him President Pedro, we would be able to look at it as acceptable...? even though we all know exactly what incident the game was reproducing. I think its silly.

Yammer Hammer!
November 24th, 2004, 03:18 AM
being intelligent doesn't mean you know everything. I'm no good with computers. will be the first to admit. That doesn't make me dumb. I don't know how smart I am compared to you, but im far from dumb and average.

Redneck
November 24th, 2004, 05:35 AM
Ok kids time to find something better to do. Cant we all just get along for once?

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 24th, 2004, 06:03 AM
Locking thread. For those of you that were just posting as a reply, sorry. For those pressing the issue, quit it.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==