PDA

View Full Version : AIM PLAYS RANDOM ADS

|Team Moped| Kripto
November 18th, 2004, 08:16 PM
Has anyone had trouble with AIM playing movie ads or commercials when you first start it up? For some reason I get a random ad playing and when I close AIM it turns of. It normally happens the first time I start up the program.

SaBeR512
November 18th, 2004, 08:26 PM
same dude. and this travelzoo ad and a bunch of crap, o well. like i said "life sucks, and then you die :dunno :ldm "

Swedish
November 18th, 2004, 08:38 PM
MINE PLAYS COMMERCIALS WITH AUDIO (oops caps) all the time. its sucks when im by myself and i cant figure out who is talking to me.

|Team Moped| Kripto
November 18th, 2004, 08:46 PM
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one going crazy.

I have figured out that it only plays once a day, and it's normally an hour after I first start the program. I just did a full virus scan and Ad-aware scan and nada!

LA_MERC_CS Widow
November 19th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Ummm, AIM hack out there for ads...
but you didn't hear it from me

|Team Moped| Kripto
November 19th, 2004, 10:27 AM
I already have one of those.... The problem is somewhere I picked up a virus that will play the sound clip from a whole movie preview or from random infomercials. I will be just sitting in my room, with nothing running but AIM and my computer become possessed and they just start playing. It took me two weeks before I found out where it was coming from.

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 19th, 2004, 10:29 AM
The key is to never upgrade, or to use Trillian

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 19th, 2004, 11:26 AM
When I saw this post, I thought it was about ATM's playing ramdom ads when you were trying to get money out...

DOH!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 19th, 2004, 11:27 AM
Or Gaim - there is a windows port now...

I've never liked trillian - I always just install ICQ/MSN/AIM...BTW, I'm not getting any random ads in AIM, although I sign into it infrequently - my mom signs into it a lot and leaves it on though...

~a/c
November 19th, 2004, 07:04 PM
I love trillian...its so much better. I only noticed the AIM ads after I upgraded to 5.9....I think if you leave it on 5.5 you won't get any video ads

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==