PDA

View Full Version : A Little about me, and where I'm at...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 18th, 2004, 10:13 AM
Guys - I'm going through a change of some sort. I don't know what it is, or what brought it on, unless it was my recent "hard times" of the last few months.

I rarely drink anymore. I feel better. Those of you in Merc prolly remember my post about 6 months or so back that I made. I feel better now. I have had exactly 2 beers in the last 2 months, and they were with Mav, M@l and yellow at the "Swamp" the other night. I did enjoy them, but I didn't want any more when I got home...like I used to...give me one beer, and that's all I was drinking for the night. I came home after the swamp and made me a cup of Tea. In fact, last Sunday, I went to my cousins for a cookout, and I drank Pepsi all evening. Normally when we get together its pretty much a drunk night. He kept offering (both beer and mixed drinks), but I can honestly say, I simply did not want one, nor did I have the taste for one.

I've got a buddy up in Raleigh NC that I used to go visit on the weekends when he'd throw a big party. He just emailed me, and told me he's having one coming up, and although I don't want to hurt his feelings, I don't think I'm going to go. I've just reached a point to where, I know if I DO go, I'll drink very little, and I don't want to sit around and put up with a bunch of drunks for 2 days...and that's not out of proportion. There will be at LEAST 10 people there, and I promise they will all be so hammered it isn't funny.

It's funny how your whole perceptions of people change when you aren't drinking. Last Sunday, I was ready to come home at 7 because David (my cousin) had already been drinking since about 2PM, and was really starting to get on my nerves...normally, I'm "right there" with him and we have a good time, but Sunday, I was just getting ill with him, and came home early. I'm really hoping I didn't offend him by coming home early, because I haven't gotten any emails from him at all this week.

I have even unconsciously changed the music I listen to sitting here at my PC...I used to always have on some Dylan, GnR, The Beatles, John Lennon...some sort of Rock music...here lately I'm listening to some awesome Jazz albums I haven't listened to in probably 3 years or more, and some Classical Albums I'd forgotten I even had.

I've also the last few weeks noticed myself picking up this strange book I'd barely touched in the last few years...I think most of you know what that book is without me naming it by name.

The other day, a friend invited me to play Trombone in his Church's Orchestra, and it's been nagging me pretty hard inside to show up Sunday, Trombone in hand.

I've just finally gotten rid of a lot of stress in my life, and even though things are still tough right now until I get caught up, I'm truly, for the first time in a very long time a HAPPY PERSON!!!

Guys, I think it's official. Little 'ol MadMAX is finally growing up.

Thanks for reading :)

I think the world of you guys...

Jayson

LA_MERC_Maverick
November 18th, 2004, 10:18 AM
wow man, thats freakin awesome!

LA_MERC_Drifter
November 18th, 2004, 10:22 AM
I am glad to hear this!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 18th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Oh and one more thing...

I JUST WISH I COULD QUIT THESE DARN CIGARETTES!!!!!!!!!

:D

LA_MERC_Maverick
November 18th, 2004, 10:29 AM
lol man, ive been sick this past week, so since last thursday ive had 4, count them 4, cigs, and im about decided to quit altogether, just dont have the desire for them any more.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 18th, 2004, 10:31 AM
I've already decided to quit - I just gotta do it :)

I do smoke much less now, since I don't smoke at work - I'm down to an average of about a pack every two days, as apposed to 2 packs a day...

I just want to put them down altogether!

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 18th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Congrats Jayson...there have been a lot of people thinking about you and praying for you. Keep your chin up, man...you'll get past the cigs eventually

LA_MERC_goose
November 18th, 2004, 10:37 AM
Way to go Jayson! That's awesome and here's a pat on the back! **PAT ON BACK**

I've tried to get someone I know to bring his instrument to church and use it but I kept getting shot down. :D Go, play, enjoy yourself and let others hear your talents.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
November 18th, 2004, 10:39 AM
LOL @ Maverick, colds have a way of helping you break the habit.

Way to go Max, Like I said that night we got togethor, I have lost the taste of drinking and really do no care for it anymore. Now, maybe some Crown and Coke every now and then, well, that is different. LOL!

LA_MERC_Sabre
November 18th, 2004, 10:42 AM
way to go man!!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 18th, 2004, 11:04 AM
there have been a lot of people thinking about you and praying for you.
And I think the prayers have worked man!

I appreciate all the kind words here, and I definately appreciate all the prayers you guys have made!
The first post in this thread may seem kind of corny, but I wanted to share, and let you guys know that all the prayers have worked :)

:glass

Slayer
November 18th, 2004, 11:21 AM
That's great Max! Good luck on quitting smoking! YOU CAN DO IT!!! And here's a mob of elves to cheer you on! :)

:xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7 :xmas7

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
November 18th, 2004, 11:24 AM
:offtopic

Goose it is funny you brought that up.....My pastor found out I play trombone and now he is scheduling me in for some performances in church as soon as I am able to walk without these danged crutches. The church had Blue Grass String Players do a concert in service this past Sunday (Max, you would have loved that!) He wants to have a little orchestra for Sunday services as well. Also, a fellow musician (he's a Minister of Music at another church here in Florence) that Jayson and I played several gigs togethor as invited me to go with him and others to China this coming summer to play in a Christian Jazz Band (don't that seem wierd Christian + Jazz Band LOL!).

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 18th, 2004, 11:33 AM
LOL @ Maverick, colds have a way of helping you break the habit.

SO DO BROKEN LEGGS....

Hey thats a good idea,,, lets break Jaysons LEG,,,that will stop him from smoking..!!!

Sorry Henry,,, I just had to do it..

Hey Jayson, Way to go man!!, There are better things to do with your time and money...:) WOOT

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
November 18th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Well, I wasn't going to go there, but you are right. Broken leg will definitely break to habit.....even though some nubs like to smoke in front of me not knowing what it is doing. LMAO!

LA_MERC_Maverick
November 18th, 2004, 01:08 PM
even though some nubs like to smoke in front of me not knowing what it is doing. LMAO!

LOL! who said i didnt know :stick !

SnAkEbItE
November 18th, 2004, 01:12 PM
Good job Max, just keep a positive attitude and trust in what that books says it won't stear you wrong.

SweetGirL
November 18th, 2004, 01:17 PM
You've taken alot of big steps lately, Max. Good job! Your having cut back on the smoking is awesome.....somethings require baby steps, per se, and there is nothing wrong at all with that. Key is.......keeping this mindset and staying away from the bad habits. I remember losing weight and people congratulating me on it...making a big deal about it; key is to KEEP the weight off. So, the true test is one only time with tell. Keep pursuing your goals and stay happy. Really proud of ya! *huggz*

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
November 18th, 2004, 10:52 PM
That's some great news Jayson, stay the course brother!

Silent_Killer
November 19th, 2004, 09:44 AM
good job big homie. thats just something though, i remember it was always "silent ill be right back" "where are u going"??? "Im going get a drink." i know u cant tell me u forgot that when we played cs. lol im proud of u max. good job man. dude when u put ur mind to something u can do it. thats most of yall have been telling me. O, good job picking pepsi over coke. weeeeeee.

LA_MERC_Sabre
November 19th, 2004, 10:15 AM
good job big homie.

that's not the best way to 'pump' someone up....calling him a big homo. sheesh!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 19th, 2004, 11:24 AM
that's not the best way to 'pump' someone up....calling him a big homo. sheesh!
Gee thanks Silent!!!

:D

BTW Silent - I've always been a Pepsi/Mt. Dew guy - unfortunatly at work, all they have is Coke products, so I'm stuck w/ Coke/Mellow Yellow YUK!

I DID pick up a 6 pack tonight b/c I get off at 11 tonight, and have to be back in at 7AM tomorrow morning, and w/o coming home and guzzling a couple of beers down real fast, I'll never get "wound down" enough to go to sleep in time to get up...lol!

SnAkEbItE
November 19th, 2004, 12:56 PM
']Guys - I'm going through a change of some sort. I don't know what it is, or what brought it on, unless it was my recent "hard times" of the last few months.

Guys, I think it's official. Little 'ol MadMAX is finally growing up.

Thanks for reading :)

I think the world of you guys...

Jayson

You know I was rereading your post Jayson and I think I have the answer to what is going on it's called puberty, it's normal transformation for when young boys start their trek into man hood. So don't worry it's ok.....

Just playing man, I'm tickled that things are starting to climb out of the dark hole you was in. I too have been there and found that the booz doesn't help you climb out only down.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==