PDA

View Full Version : PROBLEM WITH CS.........

SaBeR512
November 14th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Im having a really strange problem, whenever i go to a map, like aztec or whatnot whare there is like a mist coming up from the ground it looks like grey squares on my screen. ALso, when i throw a smoke nade, it dosent come up like puff smoke, its all in squares and realllly annoying. how do i bring in a screenshot.

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 14th, 2004, 03:25 PM
i dont know about the mist.. but the smoke nade.. that sounds like you got that turned all the way down for best quality on your graphics card (which makes the smoke not look real). i think the smoke nade has 3 stages. best quality, good quality, and low quality.

i think thats in your options unders advanced on changing that... check there first on that

SaBeR512
November 14th, 2004, 03:32 PM
nah man, tried it, it just makes the squares bigger or smaller, ill try and put a screen shot up

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
November 14th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Make sure you are running in opengl mode. Its in the CS options. Also, make sure your video card drivers are updated. Maybe uninstall and reinstall the lastest drivers.

SaBeR512
November 14th, 2004, 03:38 PM
k got the screen shot in
its like that with the mist in aztec also.

drivers are up to date and its runnin in opengl

Swedish
November 14th, 2004, 05:01 PM
wow. it does look like you have your smoke setting is set to run the fastest. if it isnt set to run fast id suggest to re install if it bothers you that much. but what do i know.

Daedelus
November 14th, 2004, 05:20 PM
do you think its your viseo card going out? or is just on the smoke Etc.?

Nyc.Coqui
November 14th, 2004, 05:38 PM
dude its the video card check out the setting i use to get the same problem except mines was 10 times worse !!! Look!!!

SaBeR512
November 14th, 2004, 06:28 PM
I FIXED IT! Well what i did was, nothing, it fixed itself. Strangest thing.....
thanks for trying to help thou,

Cya

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==