PDA

View Full Version : 2 years

Captain
November 12th, 2004, 04:44 PM
2 years this month I have been with LA_MERC. I think thats long enough. I will be around but not with the LA_MERC tag anymore.. I have my reasons for Leaving.

LA_MERC_Spark
November 12th, 2004, 04:49 PM
dern man.... sorry to see ya jet.. you still gota make it to the LAN d00d!

[uGa] Saint
November 12th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Guess all I can say is goodluck man, hope you stick around, you were always fun to play on the server with. ttyl man.

peace,
Ryan

LA_MERC_goose
November 12th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Don't be a stranger, el Capiton!

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
November 12th, 2004, 05:57 PM
Awhhh crap Captain. Hope you do still hang around on forums and server. sorry to see you go.

bighead
November 12th, 2004, 06:02 PM
see ya captain..see ya in swg, cs, etc :P

Nyc.Coqui
November 12th, 2004, 10:58 PM
Is IT JUST ME OR IS IT LA MERC QUIT MONTH!!!! WTF!!!

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
November 12th, 2004, 11:57 PM
Is IT JUST ME OR IS IT LA MERC QUIT MONTH!!!! WTF!!!

lol...we have one of these about once a year...been going on since time began. No worries :)

SgtJeff
November 13th, 2004, 04:19 AM
Sorri to see you go Captain. Haven't played on the server with you in ages. Hope to see you around.

SaBeR512
November 13th, 2004, 08:50 AM
good luck captain :xmas7

LA_MERC_BS
November 13th, 2004, 11:19 AM
I'm getting scared to check the forums around here.

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 13th, 2004, 12:18 PM
lol CFH...so true..see ya Steve be safe

SnAkEbItE
November 13th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Hey Cap holler at me in SWG Riverter

}{y|3ri|)
November 13th, 2004, 12:37 PM
lol...we have one of these about once a year...been going on since time began. No worries :)
im not jumping on your or diesel here, but if merc has this situation alot, maybe it should be looked into as to why.

Sorry this really should be for private forum, but i removed my access to the privte forums.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
November 13th, 2004, 12:46 PM
I'm sure that there are many reasons, hybrid. One being that since LA_MERC is so old of a clan, most of the upper members in the clan have been around for a long time. With that being said, there is no quick way to the top, there is a long waiting line. Its kind of the reason why people leave a job where there is no room to advance or nothing to challenge them. Always having to follow rules that the others have laid down.

I'm sure there are many other reasons but that reason I stated above is one of the main one for the new, younger members to leave.

[uGa] Saint
November 13th, 2004, 02:20 PM
I'm sure there are many other reasons but that reason I stated above is one of the main one for the new, younger members to leave.

like me.

let's get back on topic... goodluck cap'n!

}{y|3ri|)
November 13th, 2004, 02:59 PM
its a good point toby, and there is nothing wrong with wanting to advance in a situation. I just dont think that everynoe is leaving cause of power though.

LA_MERC_Drifter
November 13th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Good luck Captain!! Hope to see ya around!!

SweetGirL
November 13th, 2004, 05:00 PM
I want to just say "good luck, take care", etc, but I can't. I really hate that some of my friends are going elsewhere and moving on...I want you to know that. I plan on holding you to your words that you will still be around, Captain. So, I'll see you 'round. :) ~Samantha~

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 13th, 2004, 05:04 PM
leaving for what merc does not offer? Sure I bet thats true.. But I doubt that is captains reasoning, or some others. Take care cap, we get together sometime and paly UT :p:

SweetGirL
November 13th, 2004, 05:14 PM
leaving for what merc does not offer? Sure I bet thats true.. But I doubt that is captains reasoning, or some others. Take

You that bitter? Every thread, you just can't help it?

EKO
November 13th, 2004, 05:19 PM
You that bitter? Every thread, you just can't help it?

I think he may be right though Sweets im not even in La_Merc but there was this time not to long ago that I did want to be...certain things changed that real fast!!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 13th, 2004, 06:29 PM
Best of luck Captian - if you ever need me, I'm only an ICQ away :)

Corp
November 13th, 2004, 08:20 PM
I think he may be right though Sweets im not even in La_Merc but there was this time not to long ago that I did want to be...certain things changed that real fast!!

Firstly Eko you have to be wanted for Merc first, it's not some fly by night clan that takes just anyone. Secondly: Who are you to even bother saying something negative about the clan in the first place punk. Thirdly: I would be interested what your info was to change your mind about Merc and where you got it from, just because you might have gotten told something doesn't it mean it's true,

And lastly this is for e0b, brandon i have no anger with you, but some of your posts are harsh to say the least sometimes. You said something about Merc doesn't offer anything, are they meant too?. Everyone not just members gets to play on a server for FREE i know of clans that ask their people for money to help pay for the up keep, also as a former Merc you also know we do get a few perks such as i will not metion lol but i am sure you know what i am talking , BTW ty Onji :)

Well enough said.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
November 13th, 2004, 08:38 PM
Na, EKO is just upset with me. He said that we needed to update our server configs for a 20 player server, something its been for 5 years. I kinda took that offensive since I work to make the server the best of what it is. Since its donated bandwidth, you work with what you got. I replied to him to post these settings but ended it with a "mr. server op". A smart remark yes, but it gets tiresome with getting complaints but no real suggestions. My bad...

LaTech stepped in and told him to email those suggested server settings to him but I don't think anyone has gotten that email yet.

Sorry for sidetracking the thread

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 13th, 2004, 11:10 PM
yeah this is a private matter those that cared to get it resolved would still be working their problems out in the private forums, these matters do not need to be discussed in the op center, forum mods lets keep it that way :)

LA_MERC_Diesel
November 13th, 2004, 11:22 PM
thanks BH on the jay thread, keepp it going ;)

SgtJeff
November 14th, 2004, 01:19 AM
This was Captains way of saying goodbye, for his reasons. Brandon, Eko, keep you opinions to yourself and let folks say their goodbyes. Keep the **** out of it! This annoying habit people have of trying to take threads away from their intended purpose is starting to fry me.

LA_MERC_Maverick
November 14th, 2004, 08:29 AM
this thread is now closed, since most everyone has said their goodbyes to Captain...DOH! i havent!

Captain, i hate to see you go, but i know ill prolly see you and the server and on swg, so i will see you then :)

LA_MERC_Mercy
November 14th, 2004, 12:04 PM
dang maverick..forgot you could do that...oh well

have fun captain...see ya around..

LA_MERC_RPSNIPER
November 14th, 2004, 08:12 PM
Closed for most, guess since I have been around this clan since it started I will respond to this.

We have had several splits in the clan through out the years. Don't remember all of the reasons why. The ones I remember most were the ones that were because of me. One of them started over some of the members thought I was hacking cause I had a good night on a awp map. When they went to Madone about it he laughed at them cause he knew that I did not hack. That kinda made them made and it went from there. I think some other reason were thrown in there along with it but that was what started it. Another one was because of some people just not getting along with Madone and me anymore. That one got kinda heated cause a couple of them started flaming me what I do for a living. I took offense to that could not keep my mouth shut. That is one thing that is hard for me to do when I get good and mad.

We were told when we started this clan that it would not last a year. Well almost 7 years later we are still here. I think that whenever you have a large group of people you will not be able to please everyone of them. You have to look at things and decide what is best for the whole and not just a few. When you do this it is going to create hardfeelings between people sometimes. That is what usually starts these splits. I feel like this clan has done a good job in takeing care of things even though it has not always pleased everyone.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==