PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard preference?

[uGa] Saint
November 10th, 2004, 09:57 PM
I'm still using the same mouse (well not mouse since the driver makes it turn off my computer if i plug it in) and keyboard from when i bought my old hp computer three years ago... Im gonna get a MX510 mouse, but I dont know what keyboard to get. The biggest pet peeve of mine is how loud the damn keys are on my current keyboard. I dont want anything fancy, no ergonomic crap. Just a nice simple quiet slick looking keyboard. Anyone heard of some good products?? lol, thanks everyone.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 10th, 2004, 10:00 PM
I have a Black Dell Keyboard that I stol...er...BORROWED from ACS when I worked there that I love! It's quiet, looks nice, has a built in 2 port usb hub, and I type faster on it than any keyboard I've ever had (before this I always had "Natrual" keyboards)...

Anyway - sorry I was of no help really, but I DO think that Logitech makes this keyboard for Dell, as It feels very similar under the fingers to the Logitech Keyboards I've fiddled around with at work...

Swedish
November 10th, 2004, 10:18 PM
my keyboard is from the computer i had with windows 3.1. its a Packard Bell (is taht company even around anymore?) and my mouse is some $20 microsoft optical mouse. i figure they are all about the same so i stick with what ive got until its broke.

[uGa] Saint
November 10th, 2004, 10:37 PM
yea, problem is the drivers for my keyboard and ESPECIALLY my mouse are causing my computer to crash... Ive reformatted way to many times, now im giving up and getting new ones, figure together ill spend 50 bucks since im not buying wireless ones...

btw, thanks max

LA_MERC_Drax
November 11th, 2004, 12:13 AM
I prefer my keyboards without crumbs of food or spilt drinks in them...thats my only prefernece...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 11th, 2004, 12:48 AM
Well Drax, you wouldn't like mine very much then :)

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 11th, 2004, 12:52 AM
http://www.tomshardware.com/game/200407311/index.html

here you go buddy

read up on those

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 11th, 2004, 04:47 AM
Actually, the keyboard I have (Keytronics) makes noises and I prefer it that way. If I hear a click, I know I pressed the key hard enough. No click....well, that's bad! Anyway, the point of my story is...I can't help you because I like clicky keyboards.

[uGa] Saint
November 11th, 2004, 07:35 AM
man, keys clicking just drives me nuts! I dont know how you can deal with it latech, when i type really fast it sounds like thousands of tiny mousetraps going off. I just look at the screen to know if i pushed a button.

Thank you infection, but i dont know if I want to go all out and get a gaming keyboard, just a standard one would do, there's just so many of em that its hard to figure out which one would be good.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
November 11th, 2004, 07:37 AM
I have a Logitech all black keyboard that looks good next to my MX700. Pretty low sound for clicks, and the buttons are fairly firm, no accidentel keys being hit. Best part was it was a whopping $11 at Newegg in late August.

LA_MERC_goose
November 11th, 2004, 08:08 AM
Well, go ahead and laugh at me but my favorite keyboard is my new one - it's a GE, low profile and I paid $4 at BigLots. woohoo! And while I was there I got me a Memorex wireless 5 button mouse for $18. go me! go me! go me!

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
November 11th, 2004, 09:34 AM
I was going to get the Saitek Gamer Keyboard, it looks cool with the backlit keyboard.

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 11th, 2004, 09:37 AM
Sorry, Saint...I'm old school!

LA_MERC_Spark
November 11th, 2004, 09:57 AM
I didn't have time to read everyones post, but the Mitsuko keyboard I have is l337! cant quite describe the feel of it, but everyone that uses it is like "wow...nice keyboard d00d!" lol!

npor
November 11th, 2004, 11:47 AM
I use a regular 3 yeard old Gateway keyboard, same key layout as a M$ one. My mouse is Logitech Mouseman Optical Limited Edition. Im thinking about getting a MX510.

MindWerks
November 11th, 2004, 12:06 PM
"i figure they are all about the same so i stick with what ive got until its broke."

There is a big difference. I had the same crappy optical mouse for the longest time. I always had the sensitivity really high and always hated how I would move the moose just one nudge and the crosshair would "Jump". This was a pain in the butt because at a long distance some shots were impossible because the crosshairs would jump on either side of your target.

This problem went away entirely when I got the MX510. There isn't a jump when I move my mouse because there is a much higher resolution with the new mouse. This is fantastic because I can keep my sensitivity high (where I like it) and yet not sacrafice any accuracy.

It also has 2 buttons near the tumb which are perfect for mapping to a quick weapon switch or grenade script.

I highly recommend it.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==