PDA

View Full Version : Question for any of you network admins/security guys out there.

CajunTech
November 10th, 2004, 08:21 AM
Basically I have 4 programmers that have individual access to folders jumbled all over the network. I need to find every folder they have access to so I can create a single group with all 4 of them in it and give the group access to all of these folders.

Have about 12 servers running NT, 2000, and 2003. I need to find which folders on all of these servers a single user has access to. Does anyone use any software to do this type of stuff?

I tried using showacls from the resource kit and it isn't working very well.

CajunTech
November 10th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Oh well scratch that. Had a tool installed that lets me do this a share at a time which is good enough for me.

Now a new question. Does anyone know how to scan for unknown accounts (accounts that may have been deleted, but never removed from shares/folder permissions)?

Sgian Dubh
November 25th, 2004, 11:55 PM
The account will show up as a GUID, typically the letter 'S' followed by a series of numbers. Is this what you're asking for?

Best,
Sgian Dubh

CajunTech
November 26th, 2004, 09:08 AM
Yep.. We have so many. We use Hyena right now and when scanning a share for all folders with a specific user account having permission the program gives an error everytime it hits a folder where a deleted ID has access. I've been just jotting the names of the folders down and going back and fixing this, but taking for ever.

LA_MERC_Nutria
November 26th, 2004, 06:27 PM
Well it is about time that you work.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==