PDA

View Full Version : I've decided on a name...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 8th, 2004, 10:44 PM
I've changed my mind - in the light of the new day - i don't like JackieTea - just doesn't sound right...

Please ignore thread...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 8th, 2004, 10:47 PM
As a side note - as mentioned in my other post, MadMAX was a name given to me by a friend while in high school, and has never really stuck personally with me. I wanted my name on here to be more personal, as I know most everyone else's name is, and after the poll got so advanced, I decided to do it on my own, and be happy with what I decided, and this works for me, so let it be (shamless beatles reference as well :D)

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 8th, 2004, 10:49 PM
Also, if you care...see this site:

http://www.thrill.to/teagarden

At least check out the music clips section to see what I'm talking about :)

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 8th, 2004, 11:07 PM
And I also want to share a couple of Teagarden Stories/Fact's with you...

The first one is - Teagarden was an Alchoholic. He was found dead in his fifties, in a hotel room in New Orleans, with nothing on but his Boxer Shorts. He drank, literally ALL the time, in fact he never appeared drunk to others simply because they had never seen him "sober" he was pretty much prepetually drunk since his teens...

Anyway - everybody always knew that Jackie always had at least a pint of bourbon in his Trombone case, and he was on Louis Armstrongs All Star Band in the 40's and the Clarinet player found himself thirsty a couple of times, so he was sneaking "nips" out of Jackies trombone case, but although he didn't know it, Jack had seen the secret swigs from his bottle, and the next night, Jack bought the usual bottle of Old Crow Bonded Bourbon and drank half of it, and took a leak into the bottle, and put the cap back on..

About halfway through the show the Clarinet player ran on stage screaming "Someone's done peed in the bottle!!!"...needless to say Jackie didn't have to worry about his Whiskey anymore :)

Also Jack was a HUGE geek (in his own time)...he loved anything mechanical, and even made his own Trombone Mouthpieces (about the size of a Bach 15C...Henry is the only one that will know what I'm saying there) He also had a passion for Model Trains, and had this huge trunk of Train stuff he carried around with him on the road, and he would set up these elaborite train sets around his hotel rooms, and "woo" girls with them...in fact the night he was found dead, he had apparently been expecting a female visitor and had just finished setting up his model trains when he expired.

Also Trombone wasn't his only instrument - he Sang as well - he played trombone and sang exactly the same - with that Texas Drawl...he's the only person I've ever heard of that played trombone with a southern accent :D

LA_MERC_goose
November 9th, 2004, 06:51 AM
well, whatever you want Jack! :D

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 9th, 2004, 07:11 AM
w00t! Tha'ts good, Max...you're picking a name that means something to you instead of a name that means something to someone else (in high school, no less).

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 9th, 2004, 08:30 AM
Well at least it wasn't LA_MERC_Teabagger :stick

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
November 9th, 2004, 10:26 AM
DAMN YOU DIRGE!!! YOU BEAT ME TO IT!!!

Anyways, Max...er Jack, I think some of the old timers understand the closness you feel with the guy. Sounds like you share a few things. Good for you and welcome JackieTea

Nyc.Coqui
November 9th, 2004, 11:01 AM
Dude Im Still Calling U Max!!!!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 9th, 2004, 11:07 AM
I've changed my mind - in the light of the new day - i don't like JackieTea - just doesn't sound right...

Please ignore thread...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 9th, 2004, 11:09 AM
plus, I could never get used to people calling me Jack - i've been Max WAY to long, and answer to it just as well as I do Jayson :)

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
November 9th, 2004, 11:09 AM
How about LA_MERC_Bi-Polar

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 9th, 2004, 11:16 AM
lol.....

no

i don't think i'm bi-polar - my moods never change...I DO think i'm the most indecisive, procrastonating person in the world however. Sometimes I'll go into a store to buy a soda and it takes me 10 minutes to figure out what I want....

sigh.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
November 9th, 2004, 05:49 PM
HOW ABOUT LA_MERC_SodaPoP_eR_Not

Silent_Killer
November 10th, 2004, 11:53 AM
lol how bout LA_MERC_NO_NAME!!!!

LA_MERC_Sabre
November 10th, 2004, 11:58 AM
la_merc_undecided

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 10th, 2004, 12:22 PM
LA_MERC_FL-Voter (2000 pres election joke)

Slayer
November 10th, 2004, 02:42 PM
Hehehe, Tech.

LA_MERC_BULL3TM@GNET

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==