PDA

View Full Version : Optimize Your CS For Best Performance

tda^Adrenaline
November 8th, 2004, 09:16 PM
Follow Steps to Optimize Your Counter-Strike
NOTE: Ranged Rates- Higher the Better > Mostly Depends on Your Comp

(1)
hud_centerid 1

This locates the player ID text in the center of the screen, just under your crosshair, which makes it much easier to see whether another player is a friend or foe. A setting of 0 (the default) locates the text in the bottom lefthand corner of the screen.

(2)
adjust_crosshair.

Each time you type this into the console your crosshair changes colour. Some colours will stand out more prominently than others on particular maps. There are five colours to choose from: green, red, blue, yellow and cyan. Green is the default colour.

(3)
mp_decals 0

This determines the maximum quantity of decals (blood, blast marks, bullet holes, spray paints, etc) that you see in a multiplayer game. Once this value is reached the oldest ones are removed as the new ones are placed. The default setting is 300. Reducing this value may help improve performance, especially in areas where there is a lot of action. You can set the value as low as 0 (you will see no decals at all) or increase it up to 2000 (decals will stick around for ages).

(4)
r_decals 0

This determines the maximum quantity of decals that you see in a singleplayer game. Once this value is reached the oldest ones are removed as the new ones are placed. The default setting is 4096. Reducing this value may help improve performance. You can set the value as low as 0 (you will see no decals at all).

(5)
fps_max 99

This controls your maximum Frames Per Second (fps). The default setting is 72, whereas the optimum setting is 99. However, if you have a low end computer (less than 300 Mhz with an old video card) setting fps_max higher than about 20 to 30 will put too great a strain on your system and result in stutter and lost frames. For an explanation of Frames Per Second see the glossary.

(6)
pushlatency -1000

(7)
rate 4800 (from 3500.000000)

Range: 9000 - 12000

(8)
net_graph 3

(9)
cl_updaterate (35-50)

(10)
cl_cmdrate (35-50)

(11)
cl_showfps 1

Shows your fps

(12)
fps_modem 99

(13)
hud_fastswitch

(14)
cl_giblife 25(+/-)

Number of bodies.

(15)
vid_wait

used to enable/disable Vsync

(16)
max_shells 0

(17)
max_smokepuffs 0

(18)
fastsprites 2

LA_MERC_MadMAX
November 8th, 2004, 10:41 PM
or just make it less work and download HLToolZ???

Omega_Prime
November 9th, 2004, 01:44 AM
or play the game for 4 years and know all that by heart :)

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 9th, 2004, 01:56 AM
and then take net graph to 0, bodies to 0, and show fps to 0 because they just get in the way and distract you. besides.. you get what you get.. you dont need to know every second of the game what you are getting in your fps

Swedish
November 9th, 2004, 05:23 AM
i get about 3-6 choke all the time. how do i get rid of that?

eNdOfBeGinNinG
November 9th, 2004, 05:27 AM
gotta mess around with your rates.. Its either cmdrate or updaterate that will change that sweedish.

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
November 9th, 2004, 10:32 AM
3 to 6? thats all?

my crap comp gets about 20 to 30 average.. lol

MindWerks
November 9th, 2004, 01:13 PM
My choke is normally 0 then as I run around or fight on certain maps it will spike to 30 (occationally).. I've fiddled with all the settings and the only one that reduces this is the cl_updaterate. Keeping it low reduces the choke spikes. So if you have a constant choke of 6 or so, drop the cl_updaterate 10-20 from where it currently is.

npor
November 9th, 2004, 02:37 PM
I use cl_cmdrate and cl_updaterate's of 20, (default 45), it lowers my ping from 80's to 60's, but thats just me.

Max choke of 3.

Oh yeah, can't forget,
bind x "exec leethaxnamehere.cfg"

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==