PDA

View Full Version : it anit over 'til it's over

roXet
November 5th, 2004, 07:45 AM
An interesting tidbit I learned today, Kerry's concession means nothing leagally. Once every ballot in Ohio is counted, if he somehow has the most votes he *will* be the President. No matter if he conceeded or not.

Not to defend Gore or anything, but this fact could be why he conceeded but then decided to keep on fighting last time. Granted he acted like a whiney douche, but there was still a chance and no matter if he had kept pushing or not, if the recount had gone his way he would have been declared he winnar.

bighead
November 5th, 2004, 10:58 AM
hmm that would be crazy

[uGa] Saint
November 5th, 2004, 11:42 AM
lol, sorry, random, someone sent me this link, thought it was funny, no idea on the validity of it or where its from, just sharing.

http://attenuation.net/files/iq.htm

-FA- ManiacalClown
November 5th, 2004, 12:50 PM
It wasn't real last time. Not sure about this one. Someone made the 2000 one as a bit of a joke.

Anyway, yeah what really matters are the votes, but I don't think it's very likely that Ohio's going to switch at this point, which is why Kerry conceded in the first place.

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 5th, 2004, 01:13 PM
Well, since the electoral votes aren't cast for another month, anything could technically happen. It was my understanding that the provincial votes totaled less than the margin of victory. And don't forget there are provincial votes in other states where the margin was closer than Ohio.

LA_MERC_Sniper
November 8th, 2004, 09:51 AM
yeah and the iq thing i would be willing to bet that that is way wrong because think about most republicans are more wealthy than democratsnot saying that rich people are always smareter but htey can definitely afford better educations and i read somewhere that the average iq in the united staes was 106 alot of those scores seemed mighty low for that number to be real but who cares my average iq after 11 test that i have taken was 129 i scored 1380 on my s.a.t.. Just because i cant type doesnt mean im not smart lol

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 8th, 2004, 09:54 AM
I would be lieve the IQ thing for Louisiana...heck, I work and teach here...so I KNOW the people that have iq's that low

LA_MERC_Drax
November 8th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Thats GSU tech....

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 8th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Yeah...well...that's what I mean...

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==