PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Hax

[uGa] Saint
November 2nd, 2004, 11:18 PM
yo yo yo... so... Ive been having computer problems for a real long time now ( >1 year) and havent been able to figure out the solution. The problem has always been random crashes and reboots, sometimes in windows startup, sometimes in a game, sometimes when im not even around the computer. Its happened more often when im playing an intense game then any other time, and each time the windows "send data" thingy gives me a report, it tells me it was from a device driver. I monitored the heat of my different parts and voltage going through them, and got a new power supply thinking it was the culprit, yet to no avail, the problem continues to plague me.

Now, I finally gave in and downloaded the service pack 2 from windows update, thinking, if nothing else, it might help the current situation. Well, the awesome thing was, after installing and rebooting, i now get a blue screen of death when windows is loading up and my computer reboots, making it impossible to get access to ANYTHING on muh puter.... awesome... gg windows... so anyhow, i freak out and try everything in my power to fix windows, or go around the deadly blue screen... nothing works.... sooo... i get mad and throw my mouse, which unplugs it from my computer right as its rebooting.

the damn thing loaded up and i get into windows fine......... alright... so im thinking i should start throwing stuff more often when things are broken, and i go to plug in the mouse *CLICK* computer turns off again. Damn mouse is messing it up, or more specifically... the mouse driver. problem is, i cant unload the driver unless the mouse is plugged in, which turns muh computer off.... so im left to tabbing around (which is how im posting this right now)... I had thought the problem had been bad ram or maybe mobo.... but could it have been this damn satan mouse??? and how the heck do i unload the driver when its not plugged in?

ig.deviant
November 2nd, 2004, 11:54 PM
lmao funniest crap i ever heard.....i would throw that mouse away and buy a new one and reformat the pc

ig.deviant
November 2nd, 2004, 11:55 PM
oh yea normally like drivers come with the mouse in a cd but i dont install them because you dont really need them to use the mouse

Swedish
November 3rd, 2004, 12:13 AM
somthing ive found that helps is lighting it on fire. doesnt really solve the problem, just helps with stress. gg mouse, gg indeed.

LA_MERC_LaTech
November 3rd, 2004, 01:23 AM
have you tried going into safe mode with the mouse plugged in (or not plugged in, then plug it in when you get into safe mode) Then, search for the mouse drivers and uninstall them
Dunno if that'll work or not. It's 2:23am and it seems like it would, but who knows for sure.

LA_MERC_Dirge
November 3rd, 2004, 06:25 AM
bah buy a new mouse :D hehehe and keep the old one to swing around your head like a bola and slam into the wall when you um... er... need to

[uGa] Saint
November 3rd, 2004, 09:54 AM
no, everytime that i plug the mouse in, the computer shuts off... I think I'm gonna disable all my passwords, install windows on another hard drive, transfer all crucial documents to it, the reformat.... bah, all cuz of a stupid arse mouse. I will be buying a new mouse as well and keeping it for Dirge's purposes, lmao...

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
November 3rd, 2004, 10:25 AM
use a ps2 mouse

LA_MERC_Blown68Kamaro
November 3rd, 2004, 03:29 PM
Did you try a different mouse?
Also, do you have a static problem? I know some of the mice that microsoft made that were cost reduced, had issues with static, you didn't even have to feel the charge leave your hand to lock the mouse up or the pc.
Try another mouse,
Or try booting into safe mode and remove the driver.

yo yo yo... so... Ive been having computer problems for a real long time now ( >1 year) and havent been able to figure out the solution. The problem has always been random crashes and reboots, sometimes in windows startup, sometimes in a game, sometimes when im not even around the computer. Its happened more often when im playing an intense game then any other time, and each time the windows "send data" thingy gives me a report, it tells me it was from a device driver. I monitored the heat of my different parts and voltage going through them, and got a new power supply thinking it was the culprit, yet to no avail, the problem continues to plague me.

Now, I finally gave in and downloaded the service pack 2 from windows update, thinking, if nothing else, it might help the current situation. Well, the awesome thing was, after installing and rebooting, i now get a blue screen of death when windows is loading up and my computer reboots, making it impossible to get access to ANYTHING on muh puter.... awesome... gg windows... so anyhow, i freak out and try everything in my power to fix windows, or go around the deadly blue screen... nothing works.... sooo... i get mad and throw my mouse, which unplugs it from my computer right as its rebooting.

the damn thing loaded up and i get into windows fine......... alright... so im thinking i should start throwing stuff more often when things are broken, and i go to plug in the mouse *CLICK* computer turns off again. Damn mouse is messing it up, or more specifically... the mouse driver. problem is, i cant unload the driver unless the mouse is plugged in, which turns muh computer off.... so im left to tabbing around (which is how im posting this right now)... I had thought the problem had been bad ram or maybe mobo.... but could it have been this damn satan mouse??? and how the heck do i unload the driver when its not plugged in?

LA_MERC_Blown68Kamaro
November 3rd, 2004, 03:34 PM
Now for the age old joke:

Did you feed it?

[uGa] Saint
November 3rd, 2004, 05:17 PM
weird.... i plug in my roomy's usb laptop mouse (made by microsoft) and no problem... plug in old mouse (omnitech... i borrowed it from the computer lab) and it automatically reboots computer. Im just gonna reformat this weekend and get a new mouse, I actually found a program to download the music from my ipod and put it back on my computer, so i dont have to worry about keeping all my music on my backup hard drive anymore. Once It's all setup Im gonna use norton ghost to copy it so if anything ever goes wrong i can just revert back to the hard drive image i made.

|Team Moped| Kripto
November 4th, 2004, 06:55 PM
Apple announced today that the new version of Itunes disables that program, so when you go and reformat be careful which version you download...

http://www.macnewsworld.com/story/Apple-Forcing-Users-into-iTunes-Upgrade-37877.html

[uGa] Saint
November 4th, 2004, 07:50 PM
very true, but there are a few different programs other than that, even for pc users.

http://portableaudio.engadget.com/entry/7166385640773718/

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==