PDA

View Full Version : second job

LA_MERC_Spark
October 28th, 2004, 03:19 PM
So as most, if not all, of you know i am a flight instructor... Basically what that means is I hardly ever work, and when I do it's almost for free... This had led me to seek out secondary sources of income... Well I got one... I am an assistant to the network admin at an engineering firm... Basically i'm a little windows update beya/ fetch boy... Build new comps... ghost em.... make up network cable.... Chase down spyware and crap. (run stinger/adaware/spybot) However today I have been turned loose to tackle my first Linux install... Debian(sarge).. so I've constructed a little cave in my office... i got a laptop with 8gigs of good tunes.... another comp for the net, and a couple that I'm building and updating, and this new Debian box that is gonna end up taking the place of the old Exchange 5.5 server.. anyway I just felt the need to say..... I DONT KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT COMPUTERS AND I'M FRIGGIN DIEING OVER HERE!!!!!!!!!!! I'M WEARING GOOGLE OUT!! LMFAO! :D

LA_MERC_LaTech
October 28th, 2004, 03:24 PM
lol...Well, Spark...you know how to get in touch with those of us that DO work on computers. ;)

gl man, you'll do fine.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
October 28th, 2004, 03:28 PM
yeah - if I'm not at work, I'm only an icq away :)

LA_MERC_Drifter
October 29th, 2004, 07:29 AM
rofl!!! If you need some help erm... ask the other guys cause I am right there with ya!

}{y|3ri|)
October 29th, 2004, 09:28 AM
spark im always always always on AOL chat, feel free to send questions my way, i can ask the guys i work with or search google with ya! ;p and your not alone, there are several times where many of us have had to look up stuff then do it and act like we understood how the whole time. heehe

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==