PDA

View Full Version : Whats the best Paint ball gun?

LA_MERC_BS
October 27th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Some friends and I are getting into the whole paint ball thing. I'm looking for a good gun. I am looking at a Tippman A5 right now. Any comments, suggestions, advise?

LA_MERC_Drax
October 27th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Um, the best. THats gonna cost you alot tho. Angel Eclispses are sweets a hell, but they run around 2500 dollars. I use to play, but haven't in like 2 years, maybe vikki can get on here and suggest ya a decent gun.

Silent_Killer
October 27th, 2004, 07:05 PM
idrax u must still got it i am in that stuff and that is a awsome as hell paintball gun

Swedish
October 27th, 2004, 08:18 PM
depends on your price range. i got a spider victor2 because its just about the cheapest mod-able gun you can get. if i had money i would have went with some kind of fully auto gun though. you should talk to vicious, hes a hardcore paintballer. oh yeah, dont get a HUGE barrel like mine. you will hit it on everything and never be able to hide. mine is 18"(could be 16") and i cant do crap. it shoots nice and its not very loud but its hard to hide behind somthing without it sticking out.

InfectioN's Girlfriend
October 27th, 2004, 11:30 PM
BS.. my bro owns a skatepark in Hattiesburg called Rage Skatepark. they are taking all the ramps and selling them and are going to put a paintball arena in place of it. ill let you know more when it happens. i didnt actually think paintball was that big. lol

woops.. didnt know my g/f was logged on. this is infection.

LA_MERC_BS
October 28th, 2004, 05:48 AM
hahaha , ok sounds good. Thx for the input guys/gals. I've got about a $300.00 price range to play with. I figured I'd ask, because I always jump in wide open and buy stuff then find out I bought crap. My first bike, computer, car, girlfriend were all crap that I rush in to. Then I had to go back and upgrade all of them.

By the way, hello Infections girlfriend. Hey wait ah minute, OMG YOU HAVE ONE POST AND YOUR TETRIS CHAMPION !!!!OMG HAX! What, did you and infection meet at a hacker convention or something geez.... I'm kidding, its good to meet you. We'll be expecting a picture soon. Also when your looking through your pictures, see if Iccey is in any of them.

TFL|Navy
October 28th, 2004, 06:34 AM
Well... depends what kind of paintball you wanna do... Are you getting into Bushball or Speedball? If it's for Bushball, you will definitely like the Tippman A5... it rips! You can mod it and make it go full auto and trust me, when that thing goes, your opponent will know and hear it! (My friend has one) You can also mod it and make it look like a M4 or an AK.

For Speedball, yeah... talk to Vikki... He's a paintball junkie. He doesn't like my taste in paintball markers... and keeps knocking my JT Excellerator 6.0. (NUB!) But I like my marker... it talks to me... teehee, it's an awesome starter gun, it has a super sensitive trigger and it's blue . But if decide to go pro and compete in tournaments, you'll need to get into the really high end markers... like DYE, Angels, etc. (The really expensive crap.)

Paintball is addictive and quite costly... I wish I could play more often... Hey, I have an idea... I'll take a pic with Vikki when we're all geared up! That'll be funny. :)

eNdOfBeGinNinG
October 28th, 2004, 06:51 AM
did he use the phrase "hardcore paintballer"?

hehe i'm j/k.. seem paintball is getting pretty big over where I live too. I'd get into it, but i'm moving, saving for bike, upgrade pc, bills, oh yea my 2 year anni comin up too :p:

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
October 28th, 2004, 06:55 AM
I'm an old skewl, I still got my MiniMag and my 68cc NO2 on a remote.
I felt so old last time I went, nobody carries a 68cc tank anymore.

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
October 28th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Also when your looking through your pictures, see if Iccey is in any of them.

what? i didnt get that part

and for the record.. you idiot.. that wasnt my g/f that posted. she doesnt come to the forum to talk.. lol. she just plays the games on the arcade sometimes. and also for the record.. any time she beats my score.. im letting her keep it. just as long as one of ya'll dont beat it.. then ill own you.

aCiD
October 28th, 2004, 11:40 AM
own us, haha, he cant even own his g/f w00t

eNdOfBeGinNinG
October 28th, 2004, 12:03 PM
lol now that was owned right dare.. go acid go acid
haha

MindWerks
October 28th, 2004, 02:30 PM
An WGP Autococker 2004 with an E-Blade and upgraded pneumatics will tear up the field pretty well. Careful though, the hair trigger and automatic cycling get you addicted to ripping through your paint quickly.... As I found out the hard way.... (click, click)

LA_MERC_BS
October 28th, 2004, 04:19 PM
So as a good starter gun, the A5 would be good?

TFL|Navy
October 28th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Bslap']So as a good starter gun, the A5 would be good?

For bushball... yeah. Not speedball.

SaBeR512
October 28th, 2004, 08:03 PM
I also own a tippmann A5, great gun in my opinion, uh, get a responsive trigger :vet:

Swedish
October 28th, 2004, 08:04 PM
a5's are sweet if you have extra money becuase you can make them look like an AK (atleast i think its the a5) i saw one at a shop by my house that was modded to look like an AK, it was freakin sweet. dont knwo how well it shoots though.

LA_MERC_BS
October 29th, 2004, 05:24 AM
Sweet... A5 it is then. thx guys/gals for all the imput. I'll let ya know how it works out.

Oh by the way, Navy let me go ahead and compliment you on being a cool daddy babe. All the women I know think CS is just stupid, cept for Sweet and Dragonlady. I got left at the Monroe Hooters at Armageddon 1. Me and the chick I was dating at the time got into an argument at Hooters because she said its stupid for people to drive 5 hours to play a stupid computer game all weekend. She left me at hooters lol. She's the EX now. I haven't dated a chick yet that liked PC games, my motorcycle, and they wouldn't even consider running around in the woods getting paint balls shot at them.
A few weeks ago a saw this chick that I should have hit on but chickened out. On Friday nights we take the bikes to Mobile AL and meet up with another 70 to 80 other bikes and terrorize the town. There was this chick there riding a Yamaha R6. She was a hot mama too. I bet she could get into some CS and paint ball. She didn't look crazy or high maintanance so she probably wouldn't be interested in me lol. I've got Drax's pimp daddy advise on women from another post, I'll put those to use next time I see her...

TFL|Navy
October 29th, 2004, 06:27 AM
Awww... thanks Bslap!! I'm just another one of the guys I guess... I like bikes too... I went to shop for bikes last spring before I'd go and get my bike license and realized that I'm way too short for any of 'em. If I wanna buy a bike, I'd have to get it mod'd, remove all the seating padding, lower the supension and buy platform boots... lol. Is it all worth it? Maybe next summer, teehee.
;)

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
October 29th, 2004, 06:58 AM
Geez, where were girlz like you when I was single????
:dunno :shootme:

LA_MERC_BS
October 29th, 2004, 07:12 AM
I'm way too short for any of 'em.
;)

Nah its not as hard as it sounds. Just change out the dog bones on the rear shock ($70.00) and lower the front forks down. Thats just a matter of loosening the tripple tree and sliding the forks down to the right ride height. Dont buy anything bigger than a 600cc. The 600 will run 170mph. All the Suzuki's ride lower than other bikes. So you may want to go that way. Don't let the guys at a dealership talk you into spending a bunch of cash on junk to lower a bike. It shouldn't cost more than $70.00 to lower any bike.

EKO
October 29th, 2004, 10:55 PM
I knwo my opnion is past due put Navy pointed this thread out to me cause I missed it. But yes, for rec ball an A5 with response tripper flatline barrel. The are real decent guns with one of the most innovatice feed system, the cyclone feeder on the A5 is top notch, there is actually a team in the NPPL that uses nothing but A5's based on the cyclone feed system alone. IF however you decide you arent looking into rec or commonly known as bushball, but you might lean more towards airball the A5 can be very bulky and restricting. For airball I would say the hottest gun out there IS NOT for those who think so, the DM4 but in actuality is the Nerve, fast as hell and zero flaws. DM4 again another fast gun but i have heard of a lot of problems with it. Other wise think along the lines of Bob Long, the new Timmies from the Naughty Dog team are sweet. Very responsive with a lot of LPR range. Also hot on the block is the new Shocker Dynasty, again very hot but yet still a shocker, problemd problems problems. Again these guns are for the avid junky of airball, they range anywhere from 1000 to 4000 Canadian.

For your needs being new to the sport I would totally recommend the A5 with flatline barrel, repsonse trigger, double trigger plate upgrade, soft block bolt, and possibly a reomte coil with a nice 20 OZ Co2 tank to rock the boat, BUT dont forget carrying capabilites. The A5's shot fast and shoot a lot make sure you load up on pods and a belt to go with.

Happy Painting my friend!!

MindWerks
November 1st, 2004, 12:41 PM
It doesn't matter what gun you buy. You will be crushed and humiliated by my specially trained Paintball monkey. You should just stay inside so that you will be safe from him.

http://www.madocowain.com/Arcade/Auction/28April2001/paintballmonk.jpg

:laugh:

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==