PDA

View Full Version : what to use to clean the cpu of the video fan off with

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
October 25th, 2004, 10:37 AM
i got the isopropyl.. but what do i use to wipe the other compound off with?

LA_MERC_Onji
October 25th, 2004, 10:54 AM
I always just used a dry paper towel :dunno

LA_MERC_Andyconda
October 25th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Are you talking about thermal grease or just dust buildup. For the grease just use a lint free cloth. For dust build up clean compressed air is the best. DO NOT SHAKE CAN while blowing off electrical components as it will tend to emit moisture onto you components and if electrically charged = BAD.

SweetGirL
October 25th, 2004, 11:58 AM
A baby's birp cloth or cloth diaper is really good for things like that. Or even a clean pair of panties........desperate times call for desperate measures. lol (we also use old rags, old boxers, etc)

LA_MERC_LaTech
October 25th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Or even a clean pair of pantiesunfortunately for Drax...he can never find any of those

LA_MERC_Drax
October 25th, 2004, 12:10 PM
True true, waitin on sweetz to come pick up all her dirty ones :werd

eNdOfBeGinNinG
October 25th, 2004, 12:14 PM
the panties theif has just confessed to the crime! Quick snag him before he streaks his way otta here... woh wait a sec..eww

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
October 25th, 2004, 12:17 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!

npor
October 25th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Use isopropyl to clean anything off of metal; Whcih includes cleaning thermal paste off of a heat spreader. Most people say fine cloths work the best, but it wont make a noticable difference. Like above, canned air is good for cleaning dust and/or food crumbles off of about anything. Though, I perfer my outside air compressor :) Just wait for the tank to fill up and spray your whole case, mighty clean ^^

SweetGirL
October 25th, 2004, 05:01 PM
True true, waitin on sweetz to come pick up all her dirty ones :werd

I thought YOU were the one that was full of sh*t :stick *giggles*

LA_MERC_LaTech
October 25th, 2004, 05:15 PM
Problem with air compressors that I'v enoticed...there is always some water vapor in there for some reason. could just be the humidity factor in LA, though...

npor
October 25th, 2004, 05:19 PM
Well I live in Alabama, so it isn't much different. I've had that air compressor for about 10 years and it always works for anything :). Oh, it's fun to clean out air filters from cars with it ^^.

LA_MERC_Drax
October 25th, 2004, 05:22 PM
most of the newer air compressors have a vapor drain off bulb. Get the pressure high enough in the tank, you can get 99.9% of the water out of it.

SweetGirL
October 25th, 2004, 05:23 PM
.... Get the pressure high enough in the tank, you can get 99.9% of the water out of it.

Hmmm, I wonder if an enema would do the same for you? *giggles*

LA_MERC_Drax
October 25th, 2004, 05:24 PM
NASTY!!! you stay away from my rear sweetz!

SweetGirL
October 25th, 2004, 05:30 PM
NASTY!!! you stay away from my rear sweetz!

Would you like some lube with that, Sir?

LA_MERC_Dirge
October 25th, 2004, 08:09 PM
Problem with air compressors that I'v enoticed...there is always some water vapor in there for some reason. could just be the humidity factor in LA, though...

That's usually because people do not drain the tank after use. Water vapor condenses under high pressure and you have to blow down the tank after each use to keep the moisture from collecting and being blown out with the air. Remmebr Boyle's law. ;)

LA_MERC_LaTech
October 25th, 2004, 08:59 PM
Oh...hehe. I hadn't thought of that. Silly bunt.

aCiD
October 25th, 2004, 09:14 PM
Well I live in Alabama, so it isn't much different. I've had that air compressor for about 10 years and it always works for anything :). Oh, it's fun to clean out air filters from cars with it ^^.

Ugh.. If you need to clean out your car filter with compressed air you just need to buy a new one, there not expensive, just get an "Puroilator". Now if your a balla buy a K&N, w00t. But yea.. throw em away if you have to spray them with compressed air.

Loser. :loser1

npor
October 25th, 2004, 10:42 PM
Air filters aren't useless after collecting buildup one time.

Dumbass :stu

:P

LA_MERC_MadMAX
October 25th, 2004, 10:46 PM
i am going to hope that I TOTALLY misread your last post npor.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
October 25th, 2004, 10:59 PM
Most car air filters are just layers and layers of fiber paper layed over each other. Compressed air will not "clean" an air filter. You are just robbing your vehicle of the proper amount of air intake needs by a lesser amount if you only "blow" your filter with compressed air. The trapped particles that are not blown out by the compressed air will just cause you filter to become completely clogged a lot faster. For the price of an air filter, its better to just change it at regularly scheduled intervals than suffer from pour engine performance or a decrease in fuel economy or both.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
October 26th, 2004, 06:58 AM
Right on!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==