PDA

View Full Version : Infection down!

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
October 14th, 2004, 11:41 PM
vid card's fan just ate the dust (literally, i never clean it). and since it is making the most godawful noise.. i was forced to buy a new card (something like ati radien 9550LE) it was cheap and i really have ZERO money right now.. i really dont have the 60 bucks i spend on it.. but i had no choice.

as soon as newegg gets it here.. ill be able to game again. until then i have to only run my computer as long as i can stand the loud noise my vid card's fan makes.. then i shut it down

since i ordered it today (thursday).. dont know when ill get it.. probably monday. if so.. newegg sucks. all i hear is how you get it in 3 days. but i dont think they do weekend stuff. but who knows.. i wont count the chickens until they hatch baby.

peace for now :)

LA_MERC_Mercy
October 15th, 2004, 12:26 AM
no the weekend wont count...if you ordered it before 2pm PST it should have shipped on thursday, if it was after that, then it will ship on friday, going 3 day deliver via fedex, and you will more than likely get it on wednesday at lastes, but probably on tuesday.

Omega_Prime
October 15th, 2004, 02:02 AM
get off the phone boon you cant help them they wont listen!!!

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
October 15th, 2004, 05:33 AM
Get up infection!!! You can't stay away forever you'll end up haxing the fan to make it work some how and end up playing until you get your new one. So stop playing around and hax that old fan up and get it going....

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
October 15th, 2004, 07:58 AM
Infection, why didn't you just purchase a replacement fan if that was the only reason for a new card

LA_MERC_Spark
October 15th, 2004, 08:03 AM
that's what I'm screaming.... change the fan f00!

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
October 15th, 2004, 08:08 AM
just open the side of the case and put a box fan next to it.

Sergei Criffnoobsky
October 15th, 2004, 08:58 AM
I'm pretty sure you can fix that.. if you managed to fix drax you can surely fix that ...(well...he fixed him for 30 secs with an awp...... :D )

SnAkEbItE
October 15th, 2004, 10:05 AM
You could replace the fan or you could even try just getting some canned air and blowing the dust out of it. Probably won't stop the howling though.

LA_MERC_LaTech
October 15th, 2004, 10:14 AM
Howling is always a bad sign...especially from moving parts. I had the same thing happen to my 9800 pro. I ended up selling it to a friend of mine for $50 and he fixed it. No artifacts or anything.

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
October 15th, 2004, 10:45 AM
there were no screws for the fan. looks like it was just glued down. so at that point.. i was like.. screw it. because i was wanting to take it completely off in the first place and clean it at least.. but that couldnt happen

SnAkEbItE
October 15th, 2004, 12:58 PM
No connecting hardware that's strange...

[uGa] Saint
October 15th, 2004, 01:07 PM
hmmm... i can only imagine what infection said when he saw the glue... it can be only one of two...

"piece a crap!" or "freakin' retard!"

im pretty sure when he gets the new one and throws out the old one the neighbors will hear something to the effect of.. "I OWN JOO"... just a guess of course.

hope to see ya back soon ya boon!

LA_MERC_Drax
October 15th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Your video card owned you infection....weee, holidays on the merc server now that infection is gone! Beer is on the house!

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
October 15th, 2004, 01:26 PM
sigh......

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==