PDA

View Full Version : Can't Connect "Not responding"

|Team Moped| Kripto
October 7th, 2004, 11:02 PM
Hey Guys,

I’ve been trying to connect to the server for a couple of days now, but it says the server is not responding. When I look at the status on the website people are joining and leaving, so it must be up and running. I’ve checked the IP address and it still matches. Does anyone know what’s going on?

Kripto

npor
October 8th, 2004, 02:39 PM
Log out of steam (right click tray icon, settings, account, login as different user. Then go to you Steam folder and delete clientregistry.blob. After that, go to steam/steamapps and delete platform.gcf. Hope this helps!

|Team Moped| Kripto
October 8th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Nope, it didn't work. Steam re-updated some stuff... but it's only acting up with this server. I can add other servers, but now it wont let me add this one. Did I get blocked or something?

|Team Moped| Kripto
October 8th, 2004, 05:14 PM
I guess it works now...weird......

|Team Moped| Kripto
November 11th, 2004, 10:25 PM
HEY, I need help again. Steam updated and now I cant connect to the LAMERC server. Same thing as last time. I did what you guys said about deleting the two files but it still doesn't work.

I can connect to other servers and play just fine. Just the LAMERC server... Any Ideas?

2 days...no counterstrike....make John a dull boy..... :madcow:

npor
November 11th, 2004, 10:36 PM
I can't help you with server-side issues like that, maybe the admins can help you tomorrow :)

|Team Moped| Kripto
November 12th, 2004, 01:22 PM
Npor, your idea worked great last time. I was hoping you would have more tricks up your sleeve. If I was kicked, it would let me know somehow wouldn't it? I've never been kicked before... that I know of. When you do get kicked, does it hide the server from you or does it just tell you that you are denied?

|Team Moped| Kripto
November 17th, 2004, 02:57 PM
Well, it was my router.... Not sure why that is, but when it was unpluged accidently during a daring escape by a rouge gerbil everything started working.

npor
November 17th, 2004, 04:08 PM
Glad you got it working. When you get kicked, you can join the server again; when you get banned, the server doesn't hide, it just says you've been banned when you try to join.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==