PDA

View Full Version : VP vs. VP WANNABE

Slayer
October 5th, 2004, 04:08 PM
Anybody gonna watch the VP debate tonight?

I watched some of the Presidential Debate, so share your thoughts on that too. Here's mine:

BUSH: Gave a solid case and spoke on what he has improved during his term. Also spoke of his future plans(sign of confidence). Didn't like the fact that he looked annoyed and frustrated parts of the time.

KERRY: Beat around the Bush too much. (No pun intended LoL) No really, he didn't get very in-depth about his plans when elected, but he had answer for each meaning he was well-prepared. Didn't like when he continued to go back to past topics and kept speaking on his time in Vietnam.

There you go! No flaming plz! :ldm

-FA- ManiacalClown
October 5th, 2004, 07:54 PM
Bush seemed to me to be relying on the fact that people tend to be uncomfortable voting in a different President during wartime, reiterating many times that we've got to keep doing what we're doing. It's probably both a sound and flawed strategy at the same time. He's got history on his side when it comes to voting trends, but at the same time, there hasn't been much improvement in the Iraq situation lately. Like Slayer said, he seemed to get visibly annoyed, not to mention overly defensive, at times. That didn't look good on TV.

Kerry seemed the more confident speaker on this night, but details were lacking. True, time was lacking, as well. I don't imagine you can outline what I would think was a huge plan at just 2 minutes at a time, but he did let out one key point...that (for lack of a better term) Iraqiazation would begin in 6 months, which will without a doubt earn him some votes, and I think the polls have shown that in the last few days.

I'm eagerly anticipating the domestic policy debate. I think there's a lot of issues that haven't really been tossed around yet during this campaign that will come to the light in that one. Should be interesting.

LA_MERC_Dirge
October 5th, 2004, 10:17 PM
Isn't this titled VP vs VP?

If that is the case... Cheney raped Edwards...
No matter how you look at it. I even gave points to Edwards at times, but Cheney pwneed him!

SnAkEbItE
October 5th, 2004, 11:08 PM
Yes I have to agree, I think Cheany looked alot more relaxed. At one point my wife said he looks more at ease. My reply was "He has nothing to prove his track record says it all." If you notice Edwards was hitting the mug hard I don't know if it was water, coffe or what but the dude was sucking it down like there was no tomarrow. To me that showed he was scured...

Slayer
October 5th, 2004, 11:34 PM
Same here. The VP looked like he was chillin...Edwards would say something opposing him...then he'd look down and give him solid facts in retaliation! Absolute rapage!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
October 5th, 2004, 11:37 PM
I just really hate that stupid grin Edwards has on his face all the time - like at the begninning of the debates, when they introduced him - like a horse (or more appropriatly) a donkey eating briars!

Slayer
October 5th, 2004, 11:39 PM
LoL Max. My thoughts exactly. How old is Edwards anyways? One of the things he lacks is experience, so he must not be too old.

-FA- ManiacalClown
October 6th, 2004, 12:01 AM
While I honestly like Edwards for no particular reason (CHARISMA~!), what I saw of the debate tonight, I'd have to say Cheney had the upper hand. I wasn't too impressed when Edwards completely ignored the Full Faith & Credit Clause of the Constitution (says that laws, contracts, liscences, etc. that are in effect in one state must be recognized and upheld by any and all other states).

LA_MERC_MadMAX
October 6th, 2004, 12:28 AM
He's in his late forties I think - I'm pretty sure he has a college aged daughter...but GAWD what a grin....hehehe :D

LA_MERC_MadMAX
October 6th, 2004, 12:29 AM
after a quick google search

LA_MERC_Sabre
October 6th, 2004, 05:22 AM
i didn't see it, i had school tonight :(

these are the days when i wish i had tivo.

SnAkEbItE
October 6th, 2004, 08:14 AM
Yes his (Edwards) comments about the states not haveing to recognize marriages from other states, about sent me through the roof.

LA_MERC_Sniper
October 6th, 2004, 11:10 AM
Oh my GOD did anyone see Jesse Jackson get interviewed after the debate the lady doing the interview asked him questions he never answered he just started incoherent mumbo jumbo everybody around our bar was like wth did he jsut say andwhy is he avoiding the questions lol He is the most ignorant man on the face of the planet i believe

LA_MERC_MadMAX
October 6th, 2004, 11:27 AM
I do my best to avoid even seeing Jesse Jackson's face when at all possible...yet ANOTHER embarrasment to the state of SC :(

-FA- ManiacalClown
October 6th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Yes his (Edwards) comments about the states not haveing to recognize marriages from other states, about sent me through the roof.

*high five*

aCiD
October 7th, 2004, 06:40 AM
Jesse Jackon...what a character.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==