PDA

View Full Version : I need your prayers...again :)

LA_MERC_MadMAX
October 3rd, 2004, 10:16 PM
Because in the morning, will be the first day, of the rest of my life!
No kidding!

I'm going to try (once again) to quit smoking.

Wish me luck!

LA_MERC_Maverick
October 3rd, 2004, 10:29 PM
Good Luck Bro!

LA_MERC_Nutria
October 3rd, 2004, 10:39 PM
My fiance did it. One thing I will tell you is if you are seriously considering it look up stuff about it on the internet. When she quit she started to get little ulcers in her mouth because of a bacterial imbalance, she also caught tonsilitis twice in two weeks. Something about your mouth has to go a while without antibodies to fight the bacteria, because you killed and kept them away while you smoked (the heat). I know it sounds like a lot of crap but it will be worth it. She feels a lot better. We both wish you luck on this. If you need any advice just ask.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
October 3rd, 2004, 10:41 PM
Kreaper - i know you ment well,

BUT YOU'RE NOT HELPING!!!

lol

I need a cigarette now - does it coun't if my last one is after 12AM? hehehe

TFL|Navy
October 3rd, 2004, 11:43 PM
Kreaper - i know you ment well,

BUT YOU'RE NOT HELPING!!!

lol

I need a cigarette now - does it coun't if my last one is after 12AM? hehehe

WILL POWER!! You can do it. You really have to want to quit smoking though. If you do it because someone wants you to, it won't work. Or you can always pick up a bad habit. teehee... I heard the patch does work for some people. The craving only lasts for less then a minute. If you can get over that minute, you're clear. You can always eat a veggies when you have the urge to smoke. Chew on some celery or carrot.

Good Luck!! :)

LA_MERC_MadMAX
October 3rd, 2004, 11:45 PM
I'm actuallly planning to use gum or hard candy, as I doubt a carrot or stalk of celery will go over very well at work!

LA_MERC_Nutria
October 4th, 2004, 05:15 AM
Sorry, didn't mean to scare you. She also told me to tell you to clean out and remove any ashtrays you have. It should help you "forget" about them.

LA_MERC_Shadow
October 4th, 2004, 05:24 AM
Good luck, Max. It's definitely the best thing to do for your health. Believe me, I see all the terrible effects of smoking in my patients like amputations and such.

If you have problems with it, a bunch of my friends used Wellbutrin to kill the cravings and make them happy. It's a antidepressent that's supposed to help you stop smoking. And none of them have gone back.

LA_MERC_LaTech
October 4th, 2004, 05:26 AM
You can do it!!!

aCiD
October 4th, 2004, 06:31 AM
w00t you can do it max! just dont think about it, i k now its easier said than done, but you will feel so much better when ya stop.. I've had two relatives die because of lung cancer, and they got it by smoking.. i smoked a long time ago, then that happened, and i quit... it was hard.. but i quit andi never want another one of those things EVER again...

TruckGuy
October 4th, 2004, 06:43 AM
Best of luck man! If you can quit, maybe it will give me the will power to try to stop. I want to quit myself, keep me posted on how its going.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
October 4th, 2004, 06:47 AM
Hey I quit! Not a single cigarette since the accident on July 23rd. Hehehe, I was told by the doctor no more cigarettes as smoking increases the time that my broke leg will needs to heal. Now I don't advise going a doing what I did to quit smoking tho.

npor
October 4th, 2004, 07:09 AM
YOU CAN DURRIT!

Screw the Nicocrap CQ or whatever it is, you can prove to us that you dont need it!

WEWTBBQ!!!

LA_MERC_goose
October 4th, 2004, 07:37 AM
Now I don't advise going a doing what I did to quit smoking tho.
hummmm, pain = stop smoking. Hey I have a good idea, let's beat him with a stick for every cigarette he tries to light! :D

Just kidding, but it does sound fun. Good Luck Agent R.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
October 4th, 2004, 07:47 AM
LOL!

npor
October 4th, 2004, 08:04 AM
Hey, that sounds like a good idea actually... think about it...

Suntrails
October 4th, 2004, 10:09 AM
You can do it Max!

Sergei Criffnoobsky
October 4th, 2004, 12:19 PM
Way to go keep it up buddy

}{y|3ri|)
October 4th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Goto store buy a pack.
Go home and find your lighter.
Go into your bathroom and close the door.
Smoke everyone one of them in the pack, dont come out untill they are all gone.
Next time you think about smoking it should make you sick to your stomach.

This is how some of my friends have quit. Do it cause you want to do it.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
October 20th, 2004, 12:39 PM
OK - just wanted to give you guys an update. Unfortunatly, I've not made it yet, but I've done better this time than I have ever before, becuase I'm down to about 4 cigarettes a day now, I was up to about 2 packs a day before. I'm generally not smoking all day long - just one in the mornings, and one before bed, and one after I eat. If I can get rid of those few "vice" cigarettes, as I call them, I'll be home free!

LA_MERC_LaTech
October 20th, 2004, 12:40 PM
yay! Keep up the good work, Max! You can do it!!!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
October 20th, 2004, 12:42 PM
Yeah - not drinking much is helping too - if I were to get about 4 beers in me, I'd start smokin' like a chimney again!

Sergei Criffnoobsky
October 20th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Keep it up man keep it up

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
October 20th, 2004, 01:04 PM
tell me how it goes, i've been tryn to quit for 18 yrs now.

LA_MERC_RiverRat
October 20th, 2004, 04:50 PM
Today is Day 3 without a cigarette!!!

I made up my mind on Sunday night since that was the last pack I had in my carton...it was 9:00pm and I had 2 smokes left...so I decided that when that pack was gone, I would quit....

I only had 1 nico-crap patch left...and I knew it would be very hard to not smoke first thing in the morning; so when I wok up monday morning, I immediately put the last patch I had on and wore it all day Monday...

Day 1 done :)

Tuesday, when I woke up, I finally took the patch off from the day before (you can wear it 24 hours) and I was actually able to go all day Tuesday without one....

Day 2 done :)

And today, well....today has been a fair bit easier without them; I just keep thinking of THE COUGH that I had when I smoked and how much I don't wanna hack any more....then I think that if I did smoke one, how all my efforts would go right down the drain and I don't want that...

So - I guess it can only get easier now...I am breathing a little bit easier now; and I can actually taste chinese food - w00t!!!!

Good luck Max, You CAN do it!!

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
October 20th, 2004, 07:02 PM
Hehehe, the nurses put a Nico-crap patch on me when I was in the hospital and boy o boy, what THAT THING DID TO ME! Apparently I did not smoke as heavily as I thought I did, because they put the big boy on me and I went swimming for a whole day. I was still on the pain pump and "Weeeeee". Finally had to take the dang thing off so I could sleep. Needless to say I had to nurses take that mess of my drug requirements.

SweetGirL
October 20th, 2004, 07:22 PM
Hehehe, the nurses put a Nico-crap patch on me when I was in the hospital and boy o boy, what THAT THING DID TO ME! Apparently I did not smoke as heavily as I thought I did, because they put the big boy on me and I went swimming for a whole day. I was still on the pain pump and "Weeeeee". Finally had to take the dang thing off so I could sleep. Needless to say I had to nurses take that mess of my drug requirements.

We talking nico or MORPHINE?!!! lol The Nico patch makes you dream odd things at night ... very vivid - I'll leave it at that. :p

Good luck, guys, with the efforts!!

Little Birdy
October 20th, 2004, 07:28 PM
I don't wanna hack any more....then I think...how all my efforts would go right down the drain and I don't want that...

So - I guess it can only get easier now...I am breathing a little bit easier now; and I can actually taste chinese food - w00t!!!!

OMG I KNEW IT I KNEW IT! Jay hacks I bolded it in his quote! This quote is straight from Jay above! LOL

GL HF DD, max!

-Birdy

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
October 20th, 2004, 07:31 PM
We talking nico or MORPHINE?!!! lol The Nico patch makes you dream odd things at night ... very vivid - I'll leave it at that. :p

Good luck, guys, with the efforts!!

Oh it was nico all right. LOL!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
October 20th, 2004, 08:09 PM
yeah but you smoked marlboro ultra lights - I Smoke full flavor reds or menthols, so I'd need the big boy patch I think...

I'm gonna keep trying w/o the patch though.

LA_MERC_Shadow
October 20th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Go ahead Max!
Keep it up

LA_MERC_RiverRat
October 20th, 2004, 08:51 PM
yea, I also smoked marlboro reds - even sometimes tore the filter off and smoked them for more nic....

I'm praying for you Max....I'm kinda having an urge right now myself....

LA_MERC_CS Widow
October 20th, 2004, 09:06 PM
I need to quit too. Been smoking cloves for 10 years. I gotta be the only person alive who would smoke those for that long!!!!! When you find something that works Max, lemme know!

Widow

LA_MERC_RiverRat
October 21st, 2004, 11:54 AM
forgive my stupidity but wth are cloves? leaves?

LA_MERC_Sabre
October 21st, 2004, 11:57 AM
i think she means 'cloves of garlic'....and I agree you are the only person alive that would do that.

LA_MERC_LaTech
October 21st, 2004, 01:15 PM
Cloves, man!! Heck, even I've had one of those, and I don't smoke!

LA_MERC_CS Widow
October 21st, 2004, 01:33 PM
Cloves of garlic?!?!? Eeegads, NO! Cloves are those little hard things that smell good that you stick in an Easter ham. It's a spice. A clove cigarette is a mixture of clove spice and tobacco. It's about 1.5 times stronger than a regular cigarette and they crackle when you smoke them. For the most part, you either like the smell or you absolutely hate it.

LA_MERC_Shadow
October 21st, 2004, 02:34 PM
Mmmmmm...cloves

LA_MERC_Dirge
October 21st, 2004, 06:04 PM
Dangit! Cloves smeel like arse!

LA_MERC_MadMAX
October 21st, 2004, 07:47 PM
I dated a girl that smoked cloves once - I liked the smell, and would occasionally smoke one of hers - quite different from Tobacco.

LA_MERC_CS Widow
October 21st, 2004, 08:50 PM
Hell, if she smoke cloves she'lll smoke anything if you know what I mean!!!
And DIRGE, DEFINITELY DOES!!!!!!!!

HEY NOW!!!!!!!!!! lol :smokin

LA_MERC_LaTech
October 22nd, 2004, 05:36 AM
Too late, Shadow...too late...

LA_MERC_Diesel
October 22nd, 2004, 07:56 AM
doh, the foot in mouth force is strong in that one.... :stick
:jk2
..now go inject somone with highly controlled lethal drugs
:doh
:)