PDA

View Full Version : ............S T E A M!!

LA_MERC_Spark
September 22nd, 2004, 09:30 AM
ne one else having troubles? I can't connect to any servers... reinstalled... checked SP2 nazi firewall settings..... reinstalled again... no good... click on a server and the cs screen pops up for a second then goes blank... *poof* back top desktop... like a fart in the wind.... gone... WTF?? Any ideas?

LA_MERC_Sabre
September 22nd, 2004, 09:35 AM
i'm disturbed by the fart in the wind...i think i just caught a whiff! doh

LA_MERC_Spark
September 22nd, 2004, 09:36 AM
ok so i tried to refresh internet servers and I get ... "could not contact master game server to retrieve server list". i assume this means its a problem on their end not mine?!?!

LA_MERC_Sabre
September 22nd, 2004, 09:40 AM
i think someone else posted a problem with a new update in another thread

LA_MERC_Drifter
September 22nd, 2004, 10:15 AM
I am having the same problem spark. I can get in to the cz and source but not CS it just dissapears. Any ideas anyone?

LA_MERC_Nutria
September 22nd, 2004, 04:21 PM
Yeah I posted earlier. Delete ANY custom skins or sounds you have. It worked for me.

LA_MERC_Spark
September 22nd, 2004, 04:28 PM
neg...i started with a fresh install and still no good

LA_MERC_Nutria
September 22nd, 2004, 05:51 PM
Spark... Looks like people were having a problem with the update changing their filters for the servers. Nevermind saw that you got on.

LA_MERC_Spark
September 22nd, 2004, 06:18 PM
yeah... I went ahead a reinstalled again.... seemed to work ... think it was the cz skin pack I had... I thought i tried it without the skins but maybe not.. n e way it works now..

Little Birdy
September 22nd, 2004, 11:21 PM
yea, steam messed up... custom mods are crashing now.... most if not all cs mods crash.... I'm gettin the purchase error... wtf, I'm with yellowdawg... had this game for 3 years... if not close to 4 now....

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==