PDA

View Full Version : need help with processes

Swedish
September 18th, 2004, 03:44 PM
i dont know a whole lot about computers, but i do know enough to know that this shouldnt be running.(wow that was worded badly) i ahve a process running called dx7vb.exe. does anyone know what this is or how to take care of it? also have one called S3apphk.exe that i dont think is any good. any help or advice would be great. thanks

npor
September 18th, 2004, 03:55 PM
If you cant do it from task manager, download this and 'check' the 2 and click fix.

http://www.spychecker.com/program/hijackthis.html

[uGa] Saint
September 18th, 2004, 07:28 PM
i suggest kicking your computer.

Daedelus
September 18th, 2004, 08:24 PM
haha saint where did you find the big head baby home video in your avatar.

LA_MERC_Shadow
September 18th, 2004, 09:12 PM
haha saint where did you find the big head baby home video in your avatar.

In his mom's home video collection of him :stick

Swedish
September 19th, 2004, 03:42 AM
i suggest kicking your computer.
my computer has been kicked(not from me), beat(my friend), set on fire from the inside(really), and spilt on(by me). it doesnt understand taht when i hurt it it should work...and they say computers are smart sheesh

Swedish
September 19th, 2004, 05:55 PM
i dont know jack about computers so i dont really understadn the "hijack this" program.

npor
September 19th, 2004, 07:25 PM
Then if you dont want to learn, reformat it. If you dont know how to reformat, take it to the computer fixing store and waste your money.

Swedish
September 20th, 2004, 02:16 AM
i think i am going to reformat it. this thing is such a pile. i get blue screens alot now too.

LA_MERC_Drax
September 20th, 2004, 06:37 AM
microsoft h4x!

-=C.O.P.S=-KOrruptED
September 20th, 2004, 12:03 PM
Download Spybot Search & Destroy.

Swedish
September 20th, 2004, 12:32 PM
ive got spy bot and adaware and they dont show anything

LA_MERC_MadMAX
September 20th, 2004, 12:40 PM
']ive got spy bot and adaware and they dont show anything

Are they updated? Spybot will almost ALWAYS show at least a DSO Exploit on any system.

Swedish
September 20th, 2004, 12:49 PM
just updated it again, gonna try it out. thanks

LA_MERC_MadMAX
September 20th, 2004, 12:52 PM
BTW, the S3apphk.exe process is part of the S3 Video drivers and is safe - if you will post all of your processes, we can tell you if there is anything is not safe. I couldn't find anything about dx7vb.exe however.

Also, just paste the name of the process, including the .exe into google, and you should be able to find something out. Also, http://www.processlibrary.com/ is a good resource to find out info about certain processes.

Swedish
September 20th, 2004, 01:02 PM
system idle process, system, taskmgr.exe, SMSS.EXE, CSRSS.EXE, WINLOGON.EXE, SERVICES.EXE, LASS.EXE, SVCHOST.EXE (4 of them), EXPLORER.EXE, SPOOLSV.EXE, IOSDT.EXE, NVSVC32.EXE, S3apphk.exe, DX7VB.EXE, and obviously iexplorer.exe

it almost seems like i have alot more then last time i looked at them. thanks for your help

LA_MERC_MadMAX
September 20th, 2004, 01:06 PM
I'm not sure why you have both S3apphk.exe AND NVSVC32.EXE as one is for S3 video cards and one is for Nvidia vid cards - did you have onboard video and later added an Nvidia card to your system? If so, you should disable the S3...shouldn't really cause any problems, but adds to your system overhead to have both running if you are not using dual monitors (one on each card)...

Swedish
September 20th, 2004, 01:10 PM
yeah i did install a nvidia card and didnt know that i had to disable the other one. ill do it right now

uh oh, i dont know how to disable it

LA_MERC_MadMAX
September 20th, 2004, 07:55 PM
well to completely disable the onboard, you'd have to go into your bios, but you could more simply, right click on my computer, go to properties, go to hardware tab, click the button that says device manager, then click the plus (+) sign next to display adapters, and then right-click the S3 one and click disable. after you do that, go into the control panel, to add-remove programs and uninstall the S3 software - that should do it!

Swedish
September 20th, 2004, 09:48 PM
cool, got that one outta the way. thanks

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==