PDA

View Full Version : need help tobyson

LA_MERC_Drax
September 17th, 2004, 06:06 PM
my IE keeps crashing, i get this error

LA_MERC_Maverick
September 17th, 2004, 06:35 PM
try uninstalling and reinstalling ie

control panel->add remove programs->add/remove windows components and uncheck Internet Explorer, then next. Close out after uninstall, then go back and check it to reinstall. I had a similar problem with IE, this fixed it

also try running spybot or adaware, some sort of third party spyware may be causing the problem, or at least so ive seen on google about this error

LA_MERC_Maverick
September 17th, 2004, 06:45 PM
After searching Google some more, here are some options:

I to had this problem and found something called e2g addin in Add/Remove programs, once I removed it the user was able to launch the internet fine.

--------

I have a client that has been getting same "Microsoft Visual C++ runtime Library. . . path to IEXPLORE.EXE . . . .abnormal program termination" error but only with certain websites.

Remove program "Common Name Taskbar 3.0" via add/remove progs - SUCCESS!!!!
I don't know what the heck that program was but it did show settings that I normally don't see in IE6 Tools \ Internet Options \ Advanced

---------

i somehow got this garbage on my computer at work (a lot of different people use this terminal, some less intelligent than others...). IE wouldn't open, explorer wouldn't open, and i couldn't uninstall e2g because the blasted control panel wouldn't open! FORTUNATELY i have mozilla installed on this machine (score one for non-microsoft products), and i was able to verify that i did indeed have this crap on the machine.

i WAS able to open regedit, and after doing a search for "e2g" i eventually came
upon the following uninstall string:

regsvr32 /u /s "C:\Program Files\E2G\IeBHOs.dll"

(preserve the quotes)

just open the run box, copy and paste that command, click ok and PRESTO! "are you sure you want to uninstall the selected application?", click yes, it goes away, and IE and explorer open again

Krank
September 17th, 2004, 07:00 PM
Or you can just get rid of IE and use myIE2 or mozilla....its 10 times better then IE and no popups :P

LA_MERC_MadMAX
September 17th, 2004, 10:03 PM
I'm currently useing Mozilla Firefox PR1, and I'm VERY happy with it over previous versions...same goes for Thunderbird!

You can also try HijackThis avaliable here: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html

It can be used to remove BHO's from your system, but be careful what you remove, that is, don't remove anything w/ a name you recognize.

also you can try going to the control panel, internet options, advanced and uncheck "Enable Third Party Extentions" and reboot - see if that helps as an initial point of troubleshooting...

j

LA_MERC_Mercy
September 18th, 2004, 01:12 AM
firefox and thunderbird roxs...

LA_MERC_Spark
September 18th, 2004, 09:29 AM
firefox r l337! and hijack this will help you get rid of ANYTHING man...more info then you care to look at and a forum to post logs in so that l337 comp peeps can tell you what to get rid of!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==