PDA

View Full Version : Assault weapon ban lifted...

LA_MERC_Nutria
September 13th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Assault weapon ban was lifted today... what do you guys think about it?
Here is a related article.
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20040913/ap_on_go_co/assault_weapons&cid=512&ncid=716

LA_MERC_Spark
September 13th, 2004, 07:17 PM
I think that any ban on weapons is f00lish! Just ask any of the countries that attempt to restrict weapons... they got real problems.. The only peeps that have weapons when you ban them are the exact peeps you are trying to keep the weapons from.. Besides this particular piece of filth was really useless.. All the weapons manufactored before the ban were granfathered in... Not to mention that manufactures were able to remove a few features and continue to produce the same weapon.. They made the law so specific... idiots! And I herd Kerry sqwakin about how horrible it is that President Bush isn't insisting that the ban be renewed... What a peen iss...

LA_MERC_Dirge
September 13th, 2004, 08:43 PM
Well spoken Spark. The statistics show that the ban hasn't been effective anyway.

Slayer
September 13th, 2004, 09:07 PM
Neighborhood watch just got more interesting!

LA_MERC_Shadow
September 13th, 2004, 09:40 PM
No form of gun legislation has decreased crime. Actually Australia instituted a ban on guns a couple of years ago and there was an increase in violent crimes afterwards. Shows how well this type of legislation works.

Dresden
September 13th, 2004, 09:56 PM
This legislation was completely cosmetic and I'm glad to see it go... Now I can finally get that Bushmaster AR-15

LA_MERC_Spark
September 14th, 2004, 08:42 AM
with the collapsible stock!

Daedelus
September 14th, 2004, 10:55 AM
yeah time to throw our good old assault weapon buying party. ak's for everybody hehe

LA_MERC_Sabre
September 14th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Canada has had gun control for years, and there is absolutely no violence up there. :)

LA_MERC_LaTech
September 14th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Hmm...Canada has had gun control for years and there is no violence...hmm...could that be because it's CANADA?!

just picking on you, Sabre

LA_MERC_Sabre
September 14th, 2004, 12:00 PM
I must not have been obvious with my sarcasm..lol.

You all can watch team Canada woop up on some Fins tonight in the World Cup of Hockey....I'll bet there will be violence if we lose!

Blue
September 24th, 2004, 08:26 PM
Okay - first, I think it is too Cold in Canada to mug people (sarcasm). Second, that Bushmaster was named after the AZ national guard -woot- (got my discharge papers from the AZNG yesterday, (honorably)). Third, does that this mean I can buy an M4 now??? Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==