PDA

View Full Version : Ivan's a comming

Iccey
September 9th, 2004, 10:05 AM
http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atlstorm9/projectedpath_large.html

that is from yesterday and from what i seen today i is movin farther north west meaning hello Louisiana by tuesday at the latest if i keeps this Track
we are in Trouble its a Cat 5 right now.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
September 9th, 2004, 10:13 AM
Yeah, the possibility is there. We need to pray that if it hits the US, that it does not hit Florida. They will not be able to survive another hurricane, especially if it is a Cat 5. I am praying that it stays out to sea. I have had enough of these storms.

Iccey
September 9th, 2004, 12:04 PM
I know M@l i have many Firends in FL and dont wanna see them go thrugh something like that agian

Seductive
September 9th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Not to mention that we're going to disney world next month, i hope it doesn't get blown away! all those poor people =\

LA_MERC_Shadow
September 9th, 2004, 12:09 PM
Yep, It'll hit us here in FL. Tampa will be under water.

It already has sustained winds of 165 and it's not in the gulf yet. When it hits those warm waters it can't increase in categories but the winds can get worse.
This'll be fun. I gotta go buy a kite and fly it in those winds.

LA_MERC_Andyconda
September 9th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Well that sucks. My week long Florida trip is next week in Ft. Walton. Note to self, call travel agent and re book condo. lol.Latest track puts it right between mobile and destin. I live on the east side of Mobile Bay so I'm definately in harms way. Ouch. Cat 5 = pain

}{y|3ri|)
September 9th, 2004, 12:31 PM
and people wonder why i moved from florida to minnesota.. lol

LA_MERC_goose
September 9th, 2004, 12:34 PM
One thing I'm not going to miss by moving to Colorado. I hate these damn things.

Sergei Criffnoobsky
September 9th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Wish the best of luck to all the guys and gals that live in those areas... all of ya take care

NoXiOuS
September 9th, 2004, 05:52 PM
:sad: yeah its a joy living in south louisiana. :sad:

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
September 9th, 2004, 09:01 PM
hybrid....

i thought you moved because of all the guys that was hitting on you and you said you was starting to like it? so you had to move before you made the big switch

LA_MERC_MadMAX
September 9th, 2004, 09:02 PM
I know I'm weird, but I love storms...I get all excited when a good ones headed for SC...

I really shoulda been a meterologist I guess...I mean - I actually had fun during Hugo - it was like adventure living- grilling all the food on a charcoal grill - getting water from plastic jugs, living off of batteries and kerosene lamps...

LA_MERC_MadMAX
September 9th, 2004, 09:03 PM
InfectioN']hybrid....

i thought you moved because of all the guys that was hitting on you and you said you was starting to like it? so you had to move before you made the big switch

PWNED!!! :ldm

}{y|3ri|)
September 9th, 2004, 10:37 PM
InfectioN']hybrid....

i told you to stop trying to make me apart of your twisted erotic male fantisies!

aCiD
September 9th, 2004, 10:44 PM
Yep, It'll hit us here in FL. Tampa will be under water.

It already has sustained winds of 165 and it's not in the gulf yet.
This'll be fun. I gotta go buy a kite and fly it in those winds.

Well, its at a Max Wind of 165- Bad thing is, when it gets like that they have gust excess of 210mph, and an average of 185 about 20 miles before the eye. That storm, being the intensity that it is - is basically - if it gets any worse - will be one of the "most deadliest" storms in years. 12 people have already been killed buy the storm.. and they were not hit directly. Flordia doesnt need anymore storms, Hell, the USA Eastern coast dosent need any more damn storms. But like Mal said pray for those in flordia. I will be, i have alot of friends down there, and they have already gone through hell enough this summer season.

[uGa] Saint
September 10th, 2004, 12:17 AM
I know nuthin bout hurricanes outside of the weather channel, I will keep whoever may be hit by this in my prayers. Everyone needs to stay healthy so i can have someone to talk to on the forums while at work :) . Stay safe everyone.

LA_MERC_Dirge
September 10th, 2004, 06:44 AM
Screw that! Go pound FL! They already are re-building, just delay it again, don't make another area (read- New Orleans) rebuild! And besides, the Storm will peter down to Charley's level before it hits.

LA_MERC_Shadow
September 10th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Thanks, Dirge. Yeah, that's just what we need, another one. At least I'll be able to say SOMETHING interesting happened when I lived here.

Uther
September 10th, 2004, 02:11 PM
Dirge there wont be a new orleans to rebuild if a cat 5, which Ivan is almost the strength of Camille, hits. All that water, then if the pumps go underwater, then the city just fills up with water.

I hope it goes out to sea and misses flordia because i dont wish that on anyone.

LA_MERC_LaTech
September 10th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Looks like it's gonna hit FL no matter what (newest map I saw, anyway). Good luck, guys...

LA_MERC_Onji
September 10th, 2004, 02:29 PM
doh
http://www.lamerc.com/users/onji/ivantracker.gif

Silent_Killer
September 10th, 2004, 02:30 PM
ROTFLMAO! y thats funny onji nice job

Suntrails
September 10th, 2004, 02:34 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in Florida!

Slayer
September 10th, 2004, 03:23 PM
I'm not sure I'm spelling this right but...

BARBADOS?

was hit and lost 90% of its buildings...

Wow.

SweetGirL
September 10th, 2004, 03:45 PM
Hey, Andy.....you're not in West Monroe anymore boy! Roll with the Tide and change it to Bama! W00T! LOL

Also, having grown up in Mobile, everyone knows that the Gulf Coast from Texas to Florida gets slammed with hurricanes. People who move to that area or to Florida - well, it's a given - there's gonna be hurricanes! In other words, suck it up. It's an unfortunate part of nature. I remember once, we drove to Gulf Shores (that's on the AL/FL line) and surfed a bit before a hurricane; dad had sent us to the beachhouse to board it up. When we got there, they were evacuating people....no need to board anything up, because it wouldn't make it anyway. Dad told us to just surf a bit and head home. We lost that beachhouse, but just as we'd done about 4 other times, it was rebuilt. Just part of nature, I feel, and as unfortunate as it is, we have no control over it. My parents are still in Mobile, so I'll follow this one. Be safe all, and good luck to those in that area.

LA_MERC_Shadow
September 10th, 2004, 05:29 PM
Nice job Onji. If I didn't have to be here (FL) for school I wouldn't, believe me. I just hope it doesn't hit us then head your way, Andy.

Sergei Criffnoobsky
September 12th, 2004, 09:04 PM
Having recently talked more with ppl I would like to dedicate my next prayers to Cajun, his wife and his young girl Kaylee, May all your prayers include them for a safe passage of ivan and the avoidance of any damage.

LA_MERC_Dirge
September 13th, 2004, 06:14 AM
@!#$@!#$@! IVAN @!&#(!@&#!@

Go away! I think Forrest and Lt Dan went down to MExico to call you out! Go down ther ya bastage! Looks like it's time for sandbags and plywood if it doesn't get better by tonight! !@#!@#!@#!@#@$#%^%#$%

LA_MERC_Drax
September 13th, 2004, 08:15 AM
I can see it now, that guy on bourbon street with that huge sign "THE END IS COMING!"

And dirge, ask sweetz to send you her blow up doll of me, you can float around on it :)

Uther
September 13th, 2004, 10:57 AM
Bad thing right now is that they have no idea where it will actually hit at.

LA_MERC_Onji
September 13th, 2004, 11:00 AM
Here is the latest prediction

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/ftp/graphics/AT09/refresh/AL0904W5+GIF/131458W5.gif

LA_MERC_Sabre
September 13th, 2004, 11:32 AM
Brace yourself Andy!

Bo -#It-
September 13th, 2004, 01:34 PM
My prays go out to everyone in the South, and to the La merc's in LA and the south, may ur Ethernet cords stay connected and ur families stay safe.
I have been threw many mild hurricanes in my life, i have had tornadoes practically jump over our old house and land back down again. I have two jobs one is construction and the other is an animal shelter, what i'm getting to is. Don't forget about ur Pets, take them to shelters, which will then take them to shelters out of the path of the storm. I don't care much about cats, but dogs are our best friends and should not be left behind. If you feel like this go to local shelters and foster dogs till the storm is over.

Be Strong & Be Safe

LA_MERC_goose
September 13th, 2004, 01:53 PM
Crap! Here I am stuck in New York and ya know the damn planes aren't gonna fly into Myrtle Beach on Friday
crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap crap

Sergei Criffnoobsky
September 13th, 2004, 02:13 PM
Amen bo

LA_MERC_Nutria
September 13th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Hmmm... I will have to get my hipboots, pirogue, paddle and rainsuit ready for this one.
Hey Uther we gonna have to rescue Cajun from the "bay area."

SweetGirL
September 13th, 2004, 04:43 PM
My mudder just called and said it may hit the Mobile area. They are old pros at hurricanes, so no worries. Told her to come visit me for the week til it blows over. Take it easy over there, Andy.

LA_MERC_BS
September 13th, 2004, 04:54 PM
my Prediction is that the hurricane will make land fall in the New Orleans area with sustained winds of 175 mph. I know this because I stayed at a Holiday Inn express

Silent_Killer
September 13th, 2004, 05:45 PM
NO! IVAN GO AWAY! I LIVE 300 MILES FROM THE COAST I DONT WANT TO MISS SCHOO......COME ON IVAN! just dont hurt me

LA_MERC_Dirge
September 13th, 2004, 07:07 PM
Andy isn't replying because...

He's on a week long vacation in Ft Walton, FL.

:doh

Well, it's safe to say his vacation has been cut short...

Pray for those of us who have to stay in the area (New Orleans here).

LA_MERC_Shadow
September 13th, 2004, 09:43 PM
Nice time to buy a house, huh, Dirge? At least your boat is close. Hope it misses yall. That's something I don't miss about N.O....the flooding. But at least you can get a good drink during it.

Dresden
September 13th, 2004, 09:59 PM
Well guys...take a good look.

I get the feeling that us cops are gonna be pullin much overtime the next few days...

LA_MERC_Drax
September 13th, 2004, 11:04 PM
LMAO at BSLAP

npor
September 14th, 2004, 06:30 AM
Most of my relatives live in the Florida panhandle, Pensacola, Ft Walton, ect. I live in Alabama so hopefully I'll be seeing some of it :D

NoXiOuS
September 14th, 2004, 06:47 AM
i live right near Baton Rouge, so i really dont know what to do.
i dont like hurricanes, i just like the rain they bring. the wind isnt bad if its not that strong.
i dont want another hurricane andrew, i still have a few nightmares about that, mainly because i had no video games, nor tv, nor AC............MAKE IT ALL GO AWAY!!!!!!!

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
September 14th, 2004, 06:50 AM
Well walmart is out of EVERYTHING!!!! dang people going and buying up everything didn't leave nothing for me!!!! NO Water NOWHERE!!!!!!!!!!

We going up north a little ways (an hour away) and Guess what will be in the front seat of the truck? Dragon's Computer!!! I'm taking it with me he said!! LOL...

Hopefully it won't be a bad one and everyone be safe...

[uGa] Saint
September 14th, 2004, 07:09 AM
since im a nub... when are you guys expecting it to hit the areas in which you live??

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
September 14th, 2004, 07:37 AM
It's hard to say. Ivan cannot make up his damned mind. They were saying SC could see the affects Thursday, now its Saturday.

LA_MERC_LaTech
September 14th, 2004, 07:50 AM
http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atlstorm9/index_large.html

Looks like landfall sometime on Thurs...who knows.

LA_MERC_Dirge
September 14th, 2004, 07:58 AM
Most of my relatives live in the Florida panhandle, Pensacola, Ft Walton, ect. I live in Alabama so hopefully I'll be seeing some of it :D

You obviously have never been through a serious storm or have no clue to the damage these storms can do. For your sake, you better hope the brunt of the storm does not come anywhere near you. For a historical example of what I am talking about, check out Camille's effect on the people partying it up on the beach.

LA_MERC_Dirge
September 14th, 2004, 08:00 AM
Oh BTW we expect tropical storm conditions possibly Wed night and hurricane conditions through the night into Thursday morning and during the day, depending on the track.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
September 14th, 2004, 08:25 AM
Run Forest, Run.

LA_MERC_LaTech
September 14th, 2004, 08:29 AM
Tropical storm conditions being winds up to 75mph, lots of rain, tornados etc etc etc.
Hurricane conditions being winds up to 160mph and HEAVY rains, flooding, tornados etc etc etc

LA_MERC_Spark
September 14th, 2004, 08:49 AM
hopefully we won't see heavy rain if it stays east of us... I'm tryin to get out of having to fly one of our planes outa harms way.. If I don't I may not be able to return to New Orleans, and i just flat out CAN'T afford a hotel room... not to mention the wife and kids.... Damn tropical weather patterns... there's ANOTHER depression right behind this one!

Uther
September 14th, 2004, 09:21 AM
Well the interstates are filling up and people finding nearest hotels in San Antonio, Texas. Going board up my house tonight, and judge it from there. Think Kreaper might be coming by tonight.

[uGa] Saint
September 14th, 2004, 09:24 AM
post when you can you guys, wanna keep tabs on muh peeps to make sure ur ok... and if things get crazy, take pictures and run!! lol, ive never seen a hurricane before (outside the drink)nor effects other than the strong winds. man, i really hope you guys stay dry and alright...

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
September 14th, 2004, 09:31 AM
GREAT

now its coming right at us in mississippi

dragon lady.. you guys coming up to hattiesburg?

lol.. i live in a trailor.. so im like you... heading out to my g/f's mom's house and TAKING my computer with me. lol

no CS for probably 2 days.. im going to go nuts

LA_MERC_Sabre
September 14th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Spark, if you have to fly towards the Houston area, I live in Katy...your more than welcome to crash at my place.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
September 14th, 2004, 12:46 PM
so I'm guessing the guy with the plane load of maxi's didn't stop the storm?

Iccey
September 14th, 2004, 12:54 PM
Here is the new Track and Wind speeds

http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atlstorm9/stormtrack_large.html

SweetGirL
September 14th, 2004, 01:49 PM
Spark, if you have to fly towards the Houston area, I live in Katy...your more than welcome to crash at my place.

Spark, you can come here too. I'm in College Station, Texas. *wink wink* lol

Oh, I miss hurricanes! All the hubub! I remember the days of trying to get everything at WalMart before the hurricane hit, DL. I feel for you guys! I'm in Texas and have plenty of room at my home if anyone needs to get away from the storm (hotels can be costly). I just ask one thing.......no pervs! lol(~points at Drax~)

LA_MERC_Mercy
September 14th, 2004, 02:16 PM
anyone heard from andy and candace?

LA_MERC_Sabre
September 14th, 2004, 02:16 PM
nope, I'll try to call them

LA_MERC_Diesel
September 14th, 2004, 03:22 PM
they were in Pascagoula heading to LA last I heard I think they are going to Alexandria???

LA_MERC_Dirge
September 14th, 2004, 03:24 PM
Andy & Candace left Ft Walton beach this morning. I spoke to them as they were passing Pascagoula, MS. They are planning on staying the night at a friend's in Covington, north of the I-12, then proceeding to Andy's Dad's in Colfax. Diesel is riding it out in Slidell... Yankee is working during the storm at the New Orleans Airport... And myself, I am to be at work tomorrow morning at a woirk center about 2 miles from my house. I am boarding up my windows as I speak and the gf is on her way. Worst case is a continued course of the eye to New Orleans. In that case, we will seek shelter in the BellSouth office nearby to wait out the storm. I will keep you updated and hopefully show some of y'all what kind of hell this really is...

BTW The interstate is outbound in both directions at the edges of the city and there is a solid line from horizon to horizon... It is probably taking about 6-10 hours to get to Baton Rouge, Lafayette, or Hattiesburg.

LA_MERC_Drax
September 14th, 2004, 04:03 PM
One of my friends in N.O. and his family are on their way to my parents house in denham springs. I've talked with them a few times, they said its been hell gettin out of the city. Can't reply to sweetz in the public forums this time...

SweetGirL
September 14th, 2004, 04:16 PM
....Can't reply to sweetz in the public forums this time...

OMG! *quickly checking private forums!!!* WOOHOOO!!

LA_MERC_Spark
September 14th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Looks like we're gonna be stickin this one out... Damn I hope everything holds together... I mean I got insurance, but i can't replace the wife or the weee ones... Leaving now is totally useless.. traffic is packed solid... I'm gonna go make a whiskey drink now... anybody else up for one?

LA_MERC_Mercy
September 14th, 2004, 04:25 PM
okay that is good to here what everyone is going to be doing...

LA_MERC_LaTech
September 14th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Yeah guys, keep us informed as to how things are going. If you don't hear from someone, check up on them and let us know.

Oh, and good luck, God bless and will be praying for all of you.

LaTech

Iccey
September 14th, 2004, 05:11 PM
I will be riding the storm out here in Brulsy and hope for the Best though we will ne be DIrectly hit (I hope) but i live in a Trailor so u know we be in trouble is winds get over 120mph but i hope for the best

here is newest out look

Projected Path:
http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atlstorm9/index_large.html

Newest Info:
http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atlstorm9/stormtrack_large.html

LA_MERC_Nutria
September 14th, 2004, 05:22 PM
I'll probably ride it out too. Will make a final decision Wednesday morning. Trying to keep the wife calm is another thing.

SweetGirL
September 14th, 2004, 05:30 PM
...Trying to keep the wife calm is another thing.

I resemble that remark! lol

My folks are in Mobile. My mom's direct quote was "we will board the windows up, and we have plenty of groceries, goodies (she means sweets LOL), bottled water, clean clothes, and all your father's medications........we'll be alright." ROFL Medicate my Dad up, Mom!! Smart woman!! LOL

LA_MERC_Dirge
September 14th, 2004, 05:34 PM
whiskey drink sounds good, I just got a bottle of jack and a case of beer... Let's roll!

Silent_Killer
September 14th, 2004, 06:01 PM
HEY! dirge waznt New orleans supposed to evac? Get out of there idiot

Sergei Criffnoobsky
September 14th, 2004, 06:11 PM
Plz... if you have an opportunity to leave take it .. I'd rather have you otta there for a while than you outta there forever... plz.. do it.

Cajunwife
September 14th, 2004, 09:10 PM
I wish you all the best of luck with this one...Cajun and I will be going to his parents house, mainly to be around others in case things get bad. Please be careful everyone and take care.

LA_MERC_Dirge
September 14th, 2004, 09:51 PM
First of all, check your facts before you drop name calling. Secondly, some of us are required by their employers to stay as close as possible to a reporting work center in times of an emergency. I guess you are calling Yankee, Diesel, and myself idiots... sigh

Sergei, thanks for your concern, we are VERY on top of the situation and we would not be staying (even with job req's) if we did not have back up plans which include the loss of our homes and vehicles but the savings of our own lives (i.e. airport or BellSouth central offices).

aCiD
September 15th, 2004, 05:55 AM
Well yall have fun.. SC coast has had a hurricane it feels like every weekend.. and FL, i know they are just about fed up with those damn things.. Yall be careful, and remember to stick your butts in the air if lightning gets real bad :D

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
September 15th, 2004, 07:38 AM
well this should be my last day online

probably be on some right after work...

then the computer goes down and i go away

good luck everyone involved!

and get a lightning rod for acids idea.. it would be better!

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
September 15th, 2004, 08:18 AM
Robby, Mike, Sparky, Yankee, any of you and your families are welcome at my house. The wife said she would fix you up a big meal too. I'm not that far from N.O. right off the Sherwood exit on I-12 (so if you need to get back quick, you could be there in about 40 min.

Utherwife 1
September 15th, 2004, 08:36 AM
Well It looks right now that all of us in the Thibodaux area should be okay. I guess we will see. :}

LA_MERC_Yankee
September 15th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Well I've made it to the airport around 8:30 this morning. Boarded everything up at the homestead and sent the wife and dogs to the in-laws in Hammond. I'll be staying here in my office with some other folks from the Aviation Board until probably Friday sometime.

And yes, as Dirge said, some of us are required to report to work through emergencies. If the hurricane were to devestate New Orleans, the airport would be one of the first things that would need to be back up and running, b/c it would be one of the only ways to get help in, especially in New Orleans. The airport is one of the safest places to be in situations like this. I'm currently on the 4th floor. We also have our own police, paramedics, and firefighters.

Here's some pics of my office/shelter and the house. I'll keep posting some pics and stuff from the airport.

BTW, there are no more flights into or out of New Orleans International.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
September 15th, 2004, 09:38 AM
pssst... Yankee, hate to tell you, but it looks like you missed a couple of windows. just fyi

You have your own police? that's good incase you get the urge to start looting your office. hehe j/k good to hear you're in a safe place. I don't think this storm will end up hitting LA that hard though.

LA_MERC_Yankee
September 15th, 2004, 09:43 AM
pssst... Yankee, hate to tell you, but it looks like you missed a couple of windows. just fyi

Didn't have time or lumber to get the windows on the second floor. They are all pretty small and hopefully will make it.

LA_MERC_MadMAX
September 15th, 2004, 11:21 AM
My prayers will be with you guys who have to stay!

SweetGirL
September 15th, 2004, 01:44 PM
Yankee, I like that third picture of people kicked back, tv on, cooler closeby, and food! :p Are you in that picture somewhere?

My mudder says it's raining like a witch there in Mobile. Dad's medicated, so she's good to go. lol She said the eye should be going over their area after midnight, so she'll "call me afterward, if possible, to let me know how they made it". UGH!! I'll be asleep at that time!!! haha Oh well, I wish everyone the best during this time. I've been through category 5's while I grew up in Mobile....I even endured Frederick and some other horrible hurricanes. We always thought about our safety, as everyone here is doing, and just rebuilt/repaired each time. Glad everyone has a game-plan. Just so you know, you guys that will be directly hit by this hurricane, even people in Texas are thinking of you..........I was in Houston this morning and saw a sign at Hooters that said "Ivan is not welcome here". Aren't the sweet folks at Hooters caring? hahah

Will check on all of you later! Be very safe!

LA_MERC_Yankee
September 15th, 2004, 01:48 PM
What happened to Bourbon Street. The Bourbo Cam is gone...

Bourbo Cam (http://www.nola.com/bourbocam/classic/)

I think they boarded up the windos at Cats Meow and the camera is looking at it.

LA_MERC_LaTech
September 15th, 2004, 02:52 PM
NOAA pic to give you an idea of the size of this storm...

LA_MERC_Onji
September 15th, 2004, 03:00 PM
i found one too!

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2004/images/ivan091504-1545z-nolines.jpg

LA_MERC_goose
September 15th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Onji's picture is better!

Silent_Killer
September 15th, 2004, 03:36 PM
Onji's Nub-powers surpass urs Tech

LA_MERC_Onji
September 15th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Onji's Nub-powers surass urs Tech

I dont really know if i wanna 'surass' anyone or not lol

Silent_Killer
September 15th, 2004, 03:40 PM
what u talkin about Onji?????

LA_MERC_Onji
September 15th, 2004, 03:50 PM
lol, nice edit ;)

[uGa] Saint
September 15th, 2004, 05:04 PM
ahhh....notice the other swirly next to the bigger swirly in onji's picture... hope you brought your rain suit...

LA_MERC_LaTech
September 15th, 2004, 05:32 PM
hmph...my picture is clearer...and had prettier colors

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
September 15th, 2004, 07:42 PM
well the wind here in runnelstown, MS is getting up to 35 right now.. the outer rim just hit us. the rain has officially started. WOOT!

i hope my poor trailor in hattiesburg survives! viva los skip my trailor!

ill update later on tonight on how it is here. ive got my lawn chair ready!

SweetGirL
September 15th, 2004, 08:15 PM
InfectioN']well the wind here in runnelstown, MS is getting up to 35 right now.. the outer rim just hit us. the rain has officially started. WOOT!

i hope my poor trailor in hattiesburg survives! viva los skip my trailor!

ill update later on tonight on how it is here. ive got my lawn chair ready!

LOL @ Infection!!! What's the lawn chair for???? You planning on watching the storm outside??? :P

My dear ole mother in Mobile says that my Dad reported to her that he has run out of fruit to eat - they should probably get more............think the only fruit left in that house IS my Dad!! jk ROFL

LA_MERC_Shadow
September 15th, 2004, 08:41 PM
Infection, you should get one of those pool chairs so that if it floods at least you can relax/float in style.

LA_MERC_Dirge
September 15th, 2004, 09:07 PM
Update from NOLA:

We have been fortunate enough to not realize any rain until about 9:00 Pm. And then it was only very light. It looks like the rain will stay east as the storm's eye seems to be moving towards the east now. However, the winds have been rather strong at times. I have heard things hit the roof a couple of times. I have also heard large bangs off in the distance a couple of times. But never fear, we are battanoed down and seem to be in good shape. Not so much for lower Plaquesmine parish. We will probably be riding storm damage assesment tomorrow through Venice and Burras.

This Hurricane has been okay: cooked a nice pork loin tonight, sipping on some drinks and topping it off with a bloody mary while the wind blows from time to time.

Feeling sorry for Mobile right now.

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
September 15th, 2004, 10:12 PM
wow.. new update

dirge... you are correct on the storms fierceness for us

one word... WEAK

we arent feeling anything from this one

should have stayed home and owned in some CS

we had more powerful winds earlier on today than we are right now

i was going to chill outside with the lawn chair.. but what is the point. im just going to go to bed.. we are down to just getting light drizzles.

boo ivan (in MS of course)

on the weather channel.. the east side of ivan is pretty fierce. he's going to cause a lot of damage.. but we wont see any here in hattiesburg unless a tornado spin off is caused.

sigh.. peace out for the night

LA_MERC_Diesel
September 16th, 2004, 08:57 AM
we were lucky for sure in New Orleans, hopefully everyone on Pensacola, Mobile, and Gulf Shores were ok. I hope everyone remembers the beaches there as they will be dramatically different when you next see them. :(

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
September 16th, 2004, 09:10 AM
well we ended up not getting it bad at all

i woke up and heard some harsh winds.. and then today we have some broken trees.. but thats about it.

now i just have to go back to my trailor and see how it is.. hehe

Uther
September 16th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Well South East Louisiana dodge a major storm. Down in Thibodaux we didnt even get any rain and just a little wind. I hope others made it as well as we did.

SweetGirL
September 16th, 2004, 10:57 AM
My parents in Mobile said power went out at 9pm last night. Nothing more then some branches in the yard, thank God. As for the house at Gulf Shores, er, well, no one knows yet. My parents were just glad they have a gas stove and their coffee! lol

Hope everyone is safe!

LA_MERC_Shadow
September 16th, 2004, 11:15 AM
Sweetz, did your mom give your dad the antidote now? He's conscious?

SweetGirL
September 16th, 2004, 11:47 AM
Sweetz, did your mom give your dad the antidote now? He's conscious?

LMAO Mum said she medicated Dad before, during AND after the hurricane. She gave him his "uppers" this morning with coffee. He's just wondering when she can hit the grocery store for some more fruit and goodies! Hmmm, power is out all around, and there are trees down in the streets - guess my Mum could hike to the store and loot it! *grumble grumble - typical man*

[C.O.P.S] InfectioN
September 16th, 2004, 01:37 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhh.. my trailor is great! and i got power! sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet

LA_MERC_Shadow
September 16th, 2004, 02:31 PM
LMAO Mum said she medicated Dad before, during AND after the hurricane. She gave him his "uppers" this morning with coffee. He's just wondering when she can hit the grocery store for some more fruit and goodies! Hmmm, power is out all around, and there are trees down in the streets - guess my Mum could hike to the store and loot it! *grumble grumble - typical man*

He doesn't sound typical if he has to be medicated for a storm, and wants "fruit and goodies". Maybe if he had to be medicated with nachos and beer to keep him inside instead of out on a lawnchair.

LA_MERC_Dirge
September 16th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Well, the storm didn't do much of anything besides mess up Venice, but it sure is dang hot tyring to take down the boards off the windows. And what happens? I turn on the weather channel and they're babbling about the ne w tropical depression number 12!!! WTF bad Africa! Bad :twak

LA_MERC_MadMAX
September 16th, 2004, 03:12 PM
I'm glad Ivan spared New Orleans...I didn't want it to get washed away before I was able to visit :D

LA_MERC_Diesel
September 16th, 2004, 03:56 PM
This whatit did to Gulf Shores and Pensacola...WOW!
http://www.wwltv.com/cgi-bin/bi/video/wmPlayer.pl?title=www.wwltv.com/091604aerials.wmv&props=noad

LA_MERC_Nutria
September 16th, 2004, 04:39 PM
My neighbors and I played football and got drunk. Nerf Luminator is awesome for latenight football.

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
September 17th, 2004, 08:14 AM
we live right on the coast and our house is great!! We must have had a halo over our house. It looks great. My family that I have over in AL (right where the eye went) don't have much right now. There roof came off there house and got some more damage to there houses. My family in Lucdale (George County) got some damage but it was bad. So Dragon and I are very happy and blessed that we have power and a house to come home to....

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
September 17th, 2004, 08:26 AM
http://www.weather.com/newscenter/topstories/ivanslideshow.html?from=home

LA_MERC_Dirge
September 22nd, 2004, 06:01 PM
IT'S BACK!!!!!

Well, I spoke too soon about not getting any rain from Ivan, it's raining as I type.

Check the image! lol The path is so big it doesn't show the movement through the east coast and back through Florida.

WEIRD STUFF! LOL

LA_MERC_LaTech
September 22nd, 2004, 06:03 PM
Wow...the storm that wouldn't die!

Silent_Killer
September 22nd, 2004, 06:14 PM
they shoulda called it Silent_Killer, it wont go away

LA_MERC_MadMAX
September 22nd, 2004, 06:33 PM
Ivan the Terrible! He just wouldn't give up!

SweetGirL
September 22nd, 2004, 07:26 PM
Glad everything went well for everyone. The house at the Gulf (Gulf Shores) is now gone. What didn't blow away, washed away. :sad: What memories.......

Uther
September 23rd, 2004, 07:13 AM
Sad to hear that Sweetgirl. Ivan back in south Louisiana and giving rain this morning.

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
September 23rd, 2004, 07:14 AM
Ivan will end up hiting Every place in the South now. I wish it would go away. :sad:

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==