PDA

View Full Version : i want my cs:source

LittleBunnyFooFoo
August 18th, 2004, 08:03 PM
o god when does it start help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :shootme:

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
August 18th, 2004, 08:44 PM
I got a CS:Source server up and running :) .. Its been running for about a week now

LittleBunnyFooFoo
August 18th, 2004, 08:52 PM
awesome ill join when it gets done downloading, *sigh*

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 18th, 2004, 09:08 PM
CS source rocks...do the video test to see how it runs...it looks awesome!

Sniper
August 18th, 2004, 09:22 PM
cool i just finished pre loading it and i am just waiting til i can play it. Toby, is the ip the same as the 1.6 server?

eNdOfBeGinNinG
August 18th, 2004, 10:03 PM
just want to let you know.. I hate you all..
thank you
-a jealous 1.6 CS player

PaRaNoiD
August 18th, 2004, 10:16 PM
-and his sister-

eNdOfBeGinNinG
August 18th, 2004, 10:20 PM
go to bed sheep!

}{y|3ri|)
August 18th, 2004, 10:25 PM
ya goto bed!

Merdawk
August 19th, 2004, 07:09 AM
-and his brother-

Gah I wanna play

LA_MERC_Onji
August 19th, 2004, 07:21 AM
I got a CS:Source server up and running :) .. Its been running for about a week now

Toby i actually had to redo the whole thing lol, it wouldnt start anymore. So i got it going, and i believe you had set it to 40 players max. as soon as i would start the server, it would be FULL in 30 seconds, no freakin lie!
And get this, there is NO WAY to password the server! Valve messed up and forgot that little tidbit, several people complained of this in the steam forums, and everyone submitted a bug report. Hopefully they'll release a patch soon, doh! OR maybe they dont want you to password it because its a beta TEST. Not sure, we'll see.

Pfhor
August 19th, 2004, 07:35 AM
Does your source server not crash all the time? Mine crashes with memory errors within 5 minutes of putting it up.

LA_MERC_Onji
August 19th, 2004, 07:37 AM
Well I never left it up for that long, because it would fill so fast, and i was concerned with bandwidth usage.

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 19th, 2004, 08:11 AM
I couldn't find any servers at all last night...I ended up creating my own server (I'm behind a firewall and people couldn't bother me) and played for about an hour. Only bad thing, the only map is dust.

The lighting and stuff is awesome, though. You go into the hallway and there is a dome with windows in it. If you look up, you can see dust particles flying around. You can interact with a lot of things (tires, cans, jars, drums...) and its pretty neat because you actually bounce off a tire when you kick it (run into it).

The flash effect is awesome. The ringing ears...the white screen...the double vision when you can see. Even if you are facing away, you get the double image thing and it's blured. Smoke effects are really nice too. HE grenade is the only let-down for me...

I like the AWP again, and the auto shotgun. The AWP, to zoom in, you only have to hold the zoom button and it will zoom in (no double and triple click).

I like it a lot

}{y|3ri|)
August 19th, 2004, 08:13 AM
but what about the knife?!!?!?!?!!?!??!!?!!?!1111!!!!?!?!111

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 19th, 2004, 08:15 AM
Knife is ok...I wasn't able to knife anyone, so I don't know about the alt-fire for knife and stuff

}{y|3ri|)
August 19th, 2004, 08:18 AM
so no throwing knives?!

:(

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 19th, 2004, 08:18 AM
alas, no. No throwing knives

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
August 19th, 2004, 08:21 AM
Ahhh, you broke my server.... :(

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
August 19th, 2004, 09:06 AM
I tried to play Source today but everytime I start it and click on find servers the thing locks up on me and I have to turn off my computer to get out of it. Any thoughts and theories on that crap?

I got an average fps of 57.something.

2800 Barton
2x512 2700 Ram, in dual channel mode
ATI 9600XT 128megs of RAM haven't installed the new 4.8 drivers yet, saw Mavericks post and thought I'd wait.

SnAkEbItE
August 19th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Well I played it last night and for most part was very impressed, it does need a littl tweaking here and there but, all in all I say major w00t.

Some things I found cool, if you die and have nades person running over your body picks them up to be able to use.

The bodies of dead stay and you can continue to shoot or better blow them up with a nade.

The weapons are allot more accurate and you had better get your grove on to hit no more spray and praying or better yet if you shoot at someone and your not on the body then you do not hit that simple the hit box is confined to the actual player not a huge area around them.

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
August 19th, 2004, 09:43 AM
That's one thing I miss about SOF2. the throwing knives...man, those were so much fun.

eNdOfBeGinNinG
August 19th, 2004, 12:21 PM
I wanna play!! GAAAAH!! Anyone wanna lend me thier login info for cs so i can get the beta version and try it? lol

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
August 19th, 2004, 12:23 PM
http://www.lamerc.com/serverstatus/servers/HL2S209.142.136.39:27015.php

Thanks for the help, onjisan

eNdOfBeGinNinG
August 19th, 2004, 12:29 PM
hey onji.. who was that guy on ebay selling cdkeys? I got the wife to say "sure go ahead". Who was it that you got it from? I see a few here, but wanna make sure its the right guy.. thnx

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
August 19th, 2004, 12:34 PM
haha.. he needs his fix, tell him who the crack dealer is so he can get his fix. :twak

eNdOfBeGinNinG
August 19th, 2004, 12:36 PM
I got the belt man, just give me the niddle..erm.. the key! For real, after reading all of these post, and the l337 toby with a cs:source server ALREADY running I wanna play bad!

CajunTech
August 19th, 2004, 12:40 PM
If I can get rid of that dang memory error I'll be on the server tonight.

eNdOfBeGinNinG
August 19th, 2004, 12:47 PM
http://www.lamerc.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=11896&page=2&pp=15
w00t i found the thread.. I hope I get my cd-key soon WEEHAAA

LA_MERC_Onji
August 19th, 2004, 02:17 PM
lol sorry, just now seeing your posts eob, did you get ur key?

eNdOfBeGinNinG
August 19th, 2004, 02:31 PM
wow, its so awesome! Good server too toby.. anyone up for playin at all? :p

eNdOfBeGinNinG
August 19th, 2004, 02:38 PM
yea onji, gotta thank you man. It was a great idea! Plus now I have CZ, and never played that before either.. thnx bro!!
omg source is awesome haha... I like shootin all the buckets and barrels

aCiD
August 19th, 2004, 02:55 PM
whats CS source?

Silent_Killer
August 19th, 2004, 03:05 PM
ummm how do i go about getting it?

LA_MERC_Mercy
August 19th, 2004, 09:20 PM
well im trying to get a cdkey now also...want to try this out

[lag]Zen
August 19th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Also for any of you who can wait around 3 to 4 days. There are people online selling the ATI vouchers, for cheaper than you will be able to buy hl2 when it comes out.

If you have the ati voucher, you get cs-source beta, and later down the road you get full version of hl2.

I ended up only paying 30 for the voucher, its twice as much as that CZ key, but I get hl2 also with it when it is released.

The person I bought from was a cash4pc as their username.

eNdOfBeGinNinG
August 20th, 2004, 07:03 AM
Zen']Also for any of you who can wait around 3 to 4 days..
HAHAHAHAHA
no..
Could hardly wait 2 hours :p

LA_MERC_Diesel
August 20th, 2004, 07:24 AM
how good is Source you ask, imho for being beta it is unbelievable at the gameplay,
the realism plus exciting gameplay formula is there as it always has.
the graphics are awesome, what they and others will do with the maps, are going to be crazy, my favorite goofy thigs so far is when Me and Onji, rolled the tire under the bridge, played basketball with our pistol and a empty basket..Onji one 2-0 :(
and playing tic tac toe in the grinder...ohh and I and I love to shoot the bottles and cans across the room :)

}{y|3ri|)
August 20th, 2004, 07:56 AM
omg i want to play now that diesel posted all the goof off stuff you can do!!!!!11

LA_MERC_Drifter
August 20th, 2004, 08:45 AM
I like getting in the far left at ct spawn, go to the end of the hall and there are all kinds of bottles and cans to shoot at, but the favorite is the milk jug cause you can shoot it up into the corner then it will fly up into the air bouncing off the walls. Using my pistol its like trying to shoot skeet while its in the air. I have only managed to hit it once while in the air so far. Usually someone will come around the corner and shoot me in the head before I get to far into it. lol

eNdOfBeGinNinG
August 20th, 2004, 09:21 AM
HAHA diesel is very CORRECT! This is my fav game right now, and its only beta! I really have no problems playing! I was even shown a few commands to rise my fps from 45 to 101 constant!! And shooting the bottle and barrels has to be the best thing in the game..wait I take that back.. shooting and BLOWING UP dead peoples bodies is the best. Was so awesome one map. I was t on dust and had an ak.. i camped a ct and he dropped a colt.. teammate on the other side of the hallway needed a gun, but didn't wanna get shot. So I thru and HE against the wall, it FLEW the gun above our heads behind us, and I shot the gun right too him.. IT WAS SO AWESOME!!! great game!!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
August 20th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Ok, you guys have me sold. What is the fastest way I can play Source. Wife has a job now so money is no object. Is it quicker to buy CZ or these vouchers I hear about and what do I have to download or install to get going. Someone put up a guide so uber deletes like myself can get going. Thanks. The trailer and screen shots looked great and I always wondered if they ever updated CS like they're doing would they get away from the realism that made the game so addictive. Sounds like they hit the nail on the head again and the realism and playability are there. I wanna play bad now. HELP!

LA_MERC_Andyconda
August 20th, 2004, 11:59 AM
P.S. your sig Brandon has had me rolling all day. I remeber sitting next to you when that went down with your wife, Dirge, and Diesel. I never saw a man get smacked so hard ny the misses for not doing a thing but eating some good ole raw oysters with hot sauce. The sound made me hurt.

Note to self. "Don't piss off Mrs EOB"

LA_MERC_Onji
August 20th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Well the guy i linked before has almost run out,but here is another:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=aaapcgame&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50

He's selling cz keys for $14.99. And most of his comments are from people saying, they got their key in minutes. Even faster than the guy who i got mine through.

Once you have the key:

1. Load up steam
2. Click on browse games
3. Click on 'register a product i already own'
4. Enter your new key
5. After this, you should now see the cs beta in your game list
6. Dbl click the game, and all of the required files will start downloading.
7. After that, just play :)

Also if money is no option, you can just run to your local walmart and just buy CZ if you dont want to go the ebay/paypal route, but it'll be $30 or so. Up to you though.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
August 20th, 2004, 12:16 PM
DAMN IT!!! Looks like Im going shopping.....Im ready for it too.

LA_MERC_Cowboy_From_Hell
August 20th, 2004, 02:05 PM
Just bought my key and the kids are gone for the night :)

Baring any screw ups with the key, I should be on around 8:30 or so La time.

LA_MERC_Mercy
August 20th, 2004, 04:56 PM
bah...i still havent been able to get one...need to get off my lazy behind and do that

eNdOfBeGinNinG
August 20th, 2004, 09:48 PM
lol you don't even have to get up! Just buy cd from ebay and they email it, how easy is that!?

Daedelus
August 21st, 2004, 12:35 PM
Ok i whent odwn and grabbed a copy of CZ for the wifes comp she's been whanting to play now for awhile ill try to get the Dl soon tonight maybe. Man my comps still down sort of wierd took it in to the shop and told him the power wasnt working he plugged it in and said it worked fine i told him i thought it was wierd that it would work here he said maybe it was the power cord and gave me another one. so i got home and still dosent work. i can see the power is getting there the lights lite up on the back were the DSL pluggs in. but maybe it the on/off switch on the front thats out. ill have to take it in tonight or tomarrow sad thing is he said hes backed up and maybe 10 days.
mean while the wife is still letting me play BFV and now cz last night. woot.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==