PDA

View Full Version : DVD probs!! HELP!

LA_MERC_Spark
August 14th, 2004, 07:37 PM
so I got a Plextor 708A dvd burner... I'm having a lot of trouble making backup copies of my dvd's 8^).. I need for someone that has this crap down to give me a quick run through on the process... you know... programs to use and what not... I'm using dvd shrink, and nero... It's real hit and miss.. half the dvd's I burn skip sceens or just stop playing! WTF? Any help would be great.. I'm tired of wasting DVDs damn it!

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 14th, 2004, 07:52 PM
go to www.afterdawn.com and download dvd shrink. Use that program to rip the DVD.

get Roxio 7 and use the DVD burn function to burn the dvd image files

LA_MERC_Diesel
August 16th, 2004, 07:00 AM
James I use 2 free programs with no problems
dvd decrypter, that takes off the copy protection
then use dvd shrink to fit it to one disk
dvd decrypter will save an image to your hard drive then tell shrink to shrink it from the image. shrink will then burn it.....
done...a nice 4.5G backup of your movies :naughty

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 16th, 2004, 07:39 AM
Try updating your firmware, there is a version 1.07 out now.

LA_MERC_Spark
August 16th, 2004, 01:17 PM
Yeah I updated already... Something else... Do ya think the neat glossy cd lables could be causing a problem? Maybe balance issues? I mean I'm using the same thing that tech mentioned except that I use nero instead of roxio... I thought nero were da l337 one outa the 2!

LA_MERC_Diesel
August 16th, 2004, 01:30 PM
why would you use it???
(nero or roxio)
just burn it from shrink??

LA_MERC_Spark
August 16th, 2004, 01:36 PM
er...... wth? DVD shrink has a burn option?!?!?!! LMAO! I give up!

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 16th, 2004, 01:49 PM
I wasn't able to do that because it didn't recognize my burner, but Roxio did...for some reason.

LA_MERC_Diesel
August 16th, 2004, 02:22 PM
I love Plextor, but the Sony dual layer that I got is great so far, very compatible with disk and programs.

I think James there is a disk button on the top and I just click that and it goes....weeee.
:)

LA_MERC_Spark
August 16th, 2004, 05:00 PM
so do ya think the labels could be screwing up the program??

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 16th, 2004, 05:07 PM
I doubt it. I mean, why would someone make a product that they know didn't work well (Win98) and sell it at a premium (WinME) to people who only thought they were doign the right thing?!

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 17th, 2004, 06:22 AM
DO not do anything to the disc before you burn it. I have found that if I write on the disc before I burn it, it is a death penalty. Maybe no truth to it, but it happens to me.

LA_MERC_Drifter
August 17th, 2004, 07:43 AM
I have been using DVD X Copy Express for quite sometime now and it decrypts, shrinks,and burns. All of that with the click of a button. I had to find something really simple cause I had trouble with the shrink program also.

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 17th, 2004, 08:31 AM
Spark, ya gotta stop letting the kids use the blank DVD's for plates and you have got to stop usinf your DVD burner as a beer holder! :twak

LA_MERC_Spark
August 17th, 2004, 09:17 AM
ya think that could be da problem? LMAO!

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==