PDA

View Full Version : Puter probs... and moving away...

aCiD
August 11th, 2004, 09:43 AM
Okay heres the dillio.. i reinstalled windows completly... deleted everything on the old one and intalled it fresh ... when it got down installing... my internet connectoin wasnt working so i registerd windows...yea like that helped.. anyway.. i tried setting up my connection nothing happens..i go to My Network Places.. and there are NO connections made.. i cant even make one.. when i tried to do it manually it dosnet bring me up a icon to even see that there is a connection or a disabled connection.. i dunno what the hell is rong with it.. anyone have any ideas.. i would like to get this thing working before i move... oh yea.. havent told anyone else :d:

Im moving in like 3 weeks down to the beach for muh new job.. im quiting Honda... god forsaken job.. and starting to work in the car business... everything with cars.. exterior interior engine mods all the good stuff... and the place im going to be moving into already has cable and i just have to get road runner... so itll be all good, and i will be able to start playing cs on a regular basis again.. something i kinda miss now... i miss yelling at all you boons and well not owning you all.. but its felt good not being around as many 10 year olds who hack.. w00t.. but ill keep yall updated on my progress untill then... im out!

Seductive
August 11th, 2004, 09:52 AM
OMG!!! you're moving??!!?? i wanna move to the beach! Brandon can we go? Can we go?!!!!!

Iccey
August 11th, 2004, 09:53 AM
Take it easy bro and come back soon uBIG BOON

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
August 11th, 2004, 09:54 AM
What version of windows? Is it a legit copy? I hope it is if you registered it. I take it that its Windows XP if it reads "My Network Places". My Network Places it used to find computers on the same Network as you. You should be looking in Network Connections under "Network and Internet Connections that is located in the control panel (its just plain "Network Connections" if you have it in classic view). Do you have any icons showing up in Network Connections? If so, what are they?

CajunTech
August 11th, 2004, 10:10 AM
If it's a newer PC windows may not have the drivers for the network card and wouldn't show anything under network connections. I run into this problem with most new machines I work on.

Right click on "My Computer", choose "properties", then look for "device manager".
This should list all of your hardware components. You will probably see something like "PCI Ethernet Controller" with a yellow question mark next to it.

If this is the case you will need to download drivers with another PC and transfer (burn a CD, floppy, etc..) them to the one having problems or look on your driver installation CD if a Dell, Compaq, etc.

*The above is for cable/dsl internet. If you are using dial-up then you can follow the same steps it would just show as "PCI communications device" instead of "PCI Ethernet Controller".*

aCiD
August 11th, 2004, 10:31 AM
its windows XP.. and there are no icons in Connections.. i tried making one and nothing will happen.. its a legit copy of windows :p:.. its new..but this is ticking me off cause iw anna play CS ROAR! and Lauren, SHURE YALL CAN MOVE DOWN CHERE! im excited about moving.. already got an apartment and evurthing w00ty t00t, come down and visits!

eNdOfBeGinNinG
August 11th, 2004, 11:14 AM
omg dood!? so you moving out by urself? dang man CONGRATS!! ME SO HAPPY WIF U.. you going to be working with nikki? that be saweet! Glad u going to have a good DAY job so we can start playin games again. Hey with your network connections I think cajuntech is right, its probably drivers. Send me a PM when you can get on aim or whatever and we can chat about it.. SWEET MAN!

IamTylerDurden
August 11th, 2004, 11:27 AM
Is this cable your talking about? or dial up? Have you rebooted your cable modem since you reformated? Just unplug it for a minute, plug it back in, then turn you PC on and see if that helps!

Silent_Killer
August 11th, 2004, 12:01 PM
yay! congrats aCiD on ur new place.

aCiD
August 11th, 2004, 12:22 PM
tankies, naw its Cable, i did reboot the router.. all that.. blah blah.. i dunno what the prob is.. ima try drivers now see if that has any thing to do wif it.. it that dont work ima just buy a new puter.. lol.. cuase i wanna be able to play "graphic intense" type o games.. and my puter cant take em.. at all.. i mean SWG was so SLOW.. twasnt even funny.. but FYI ima have to go inactive ina couple o weeks.. so i can set up my place.. move what little furniture i have.. get settled in.. blah blah blah.. cant wait to start playing CS again fellas! WOOHHOO!! or.. any other game.. cause i know i will be gettin pissed at CS some :p:.. i might try and take up EQ again.. for like the 6th time :D

eNdOfBeGinNinG
August 11th, 2004, 01:20 PM
w00t eq! or maybe even nexus ?!!? that be fun haha.. i was tellin lauren we need move to the beach too! When you nikki get married we coming to live close with you guys and finally start hangin out again.. best bros should not be 8hrs away :(

aCiD
August 12th, 2004, 08:40 AM
for real, and i don't even know how to get to your house so... IM LOST... but yea, we already have a set date of when we gettin married w00ty t00t... dunno if i can say anything yet... but, ill let ya know when i get some more info..

[uGa] Saint
August 12th, 2004, 09:02 AM
congrats franky poo!!!

aCiD
August 12th, 2004, 11:12 AM
lmao! franky poo.. RYAN POO! lol, nub! i call NUB on j00!

LA_MERC_goose
August 12th, 2004, 11:13 AM
pot ... kettle .... black
lol

[uGa] Saint
August 12th, 2004, 11:18 AM
lmao @ goose...

everyone knows that acid is the uber nuber here, haha... Frank, why move to the Beach when there's a perfectly good place across the street from me in Milwaukee!?! ahhh... 50's in august, delightful, lol...

aCiD
August 12th, 2004, 12:11 PM
50's? why have 50's when you can have 70's and a nice ocean breeze?! w00t

Seductive
August 12th, 2004, 12:56 PM
I agree with that one! Besides, 50's in the summertime? isn't there something wrong about that? ;)

eNdOfBeGinNinG
August 12th, 2004, 12:59 PM
oh man thats just cold.. yea i miss the south for the "warm" winters. So much snow here.. although snowboarding rox w00t!

Seductive
August 12th, 2004, 01:01 PM
You said it baby! ;)

Silent_Killer
August 12th, 2004, 04:28 PM
weeee. snow boarding is kool

eNdOfBeGinNinG
August 12th, 2004, 04:56 PM
and your not.. tadaaa

aCiD
August 13th, 2004, 08:27 AM
got pwned? :d:

Apocalypse
August 17th, 2004, 02:14 AM
Goodluck with the move and with the computer. I hope it all works out for you like weeeeeeeeee ;jaf;lasd j;aknv20938ju- ju9fnblaf;mv=- q24-09i q3=bnon2!!! (squirrel talk) jk, seriously...be safe moving, good luck with the job and the girly, and come back soon so i can PLINK you in da heezy! booot woot, jobble bloop bleep SQWEET SQWEET ahhhhhhhh, mrrrrm :)

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==