PDA

View Full Version : Tropical Storm in Gulf

Uther
August 9th, 2004, 09:35 PM
Just to let you people who live on the coast know that Bonnie is out in the gulf. Expected to turn towards Mississippi.

LA_MERC_Nutria
August 9th, 2004, 09:58 PM
Let's go surfin...WOOHOO!!!

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 10th, 2004, 05:34 AM
Or fly a kite :)

NoXiOuS
August 10th, 2004, 05:47 AM
Weeeeeee.!!.!......!.......ummmmmm, where'd my hat go?

so is it like, going to be all rainy and stuff in Louisiana?

i remember before Fragfest, the ride up to Monroe was wierd, hardly any towns had power, and Lafayette was all trashed and stuff.

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
August 10th, 2004, 06:03 AM
I didn't even know about it until last night. I don't get to watch the news when Dragon gets home from off shore, so I didn't even know it was coming our way. I guess I need to do a few storm things around the house before it gets here.

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 10th, 2004, 06:37 AM
w00t no watering the lawn and lower AC costs! Oh yeah and a hurricane party!! Gotta love the summertime!

}{y|3ri|)
August 10th, 2004, 07:28 AM
bah no one likes mississippi anyhow ;p

LA_MERC_Sabre
August 10th, 2004, 08:17 AM
Let's all go to Andy's new pad, and experience it first hand!!!! woohoo!!!!!!!1

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
August 10th, 2004, 08:40 AM
bah no one likes mississippi anyhow ;p

Thems be fight'n wurds!!!! :fight

:moon1: :slp

Swedish
August 10th, 2004, 11:22 AM
too bad its not taking out Washington. Washington is just a ugly Oregon with sales tax. I love not having sales tax.

SweetGirL
August 10th, 2004, 12:19 PM
Dragonlady']Thems be fight'n wurds!!!! :fight

:moon1: :slp

I say we kick his arse, DL!!!! Being raised in Mobile, I consider that area of the Gulf Coast 'home'. People may all think southerners are trailer trash rednecks.....might as well show 'em how we fight in the trailer park!! lol

I was very little when Frederick came throught the Mobile Bay. Do you remember that, DL? I lived there til just last year, so I have seen dozens of hurricanes. My brother would take us to my parents' house at Gulf Shores, and he'd ride the waves after they boarded up the place....it finally got to where my dad didn't worry about that house at the Gulf - it was rebuilt a half dozen times (boards didn't help a damn bit! LOL). We grew up in a Bay house on the Mobile Bay, so we would evacuate quite often .... house rebuilt there too. lol The sky is so gorgeous just before a hurricane approaches land.....it's awesome. I'm jealous now, DL and Andy. =( Stock up on your water, batteries, clean clothes, etc......we were about to invest in a generator, because I cannot be without air conditioning. lol

}{y|3ri|)
August 10th, 2004, 12:32 PM
wth crazy womens! I was freaking born in Mississippi. Raised a good ole southern boy and edjumacated at Mississippi State - Go Bulldogs.

Starkvegas is my hometown!

:stick

LA_MERC_Drax
August 10th, 2004, 04:05 PM
WAY WAY WAY too many cracks to let loose on mississippi and alabama...

O yea, can you drink hurricanes at those hurricane parties dirge?? :) :)

LA_MERC_Dragonlady[s]
August 10th, 2004, 04:26 PM
wth crazy womens! I was freaking born in Mississippi. Raised a good ole southern boy and edjumacated at Mississippi State - Go Bulldogs.

Starkvegas is my hometown!

:stick

OH SG HE CALLED US "CRAZY WOMENS"!!!!.... I'm not sure I know where Starkvegas is. Where is that close to?

SG I'm to young for Frederick. Wasn't that about 75? I was born in Nov of 79, but I'm sure if I would have went through it I would have remembered it.. OR was that the one that came through here in what about Sept or Oct or so of 79?

SweetGirL
August 10th, 2004, 04:39 PM
Dragonlady']OH SG HE CALLED US "CRAZY WOMENS"!!!!.... I'm not sure I know where Starkvegas is. Where is that close to?

SG I'm to young for Frederick. Wasn't that about 75? I was born in Nov of 79, but I'm sure if I would have went through it I would have remembered it.. OR was that the one that came through here in what about Sept or Oct or so of 79?

Frederick hit in '79, so, no you were obviously just a baby. I just remember we had an 8-bedroom house on the Mobile Bay with bay windows along most of the side of the house facing the water. My dad boarded up the house, windows, etc, took our clothes, necessities, and their important documents/files, and we left for two days. After Frederick hit, the roads were impossible to drive on...there were no roads left. It was like a swamp area, snakes, high water, etc. Our house had an uprooted 75 foot tree in the middle of the second living room, the formal dining room along with most every room on that side of the house had no roof, and there was about a foot+ of mud in the house. It took forever for the house to be repaired. Most tragic thing of all.....I lost my Mrs. Beasley doll and my cash register which were my favorite toys at the time.

I think }{ may be talking about Starkville, Mississippi. I still say we kick his arse. lol :matrix1

Uther
August 10th, 2004, 06:15 PM
I had never heard of that hurricane sweetgirl, but I would have only been 2 then. My sister still has her doll like that. The biggest hurricane that I have been throught was Andrew. The only other one was the one that came throught two years ago and was coming in as a cat 4 but the dropped down to a 2 hours before hitting. Bob Breck was saying over the tv that in Terrebone and Lafourche where going to die. (Still hate him for that bs that scared all those people, no other weather man was acting like that.)

LA_MERC_Shadow
August 10th, 2004, 06:27 PM
Sounds like it's time to go to Pat-O's. If you're going to be trapped in NO that the place to be.

Silent_Killer
August 10th, 2004, 07:29 PM
wth crazy womens! :stick

mesa agree, CRAZY WOMENS!

}{y|3ri|)
August 10th, 2004, 10:42 PM
omg tell me you know about starkvegas!! yes sweets im talking about the starksville :p

Dresden
August 11th, 2004, 09:40 AM
Ahhh...hurricanes used to be so much more fun before I had to be on call...

Uther
August 11th, 2004, 10:37 AM
Hurricanes where a lot funner when I wasnt a homeowner. Anyway both storms in the gulf seem to be heading away for louisiana and more towards the east thanks to a cool front coming down.

LA_MERC_Nutria
August 11th, 2004, 04:28 PM
Thank you Uther the weather man.

LA_MERC_BS
August 11th, 2004, 05:08 PM
I think we were going to have a Hurricane party, but It's not really strong enough to have a party over. The whole thing will probably be gone before the beer gets cold.

Uther
August 11th, 2004, 08:36 PM
Ok kreaper when you working at your job which almost floods for the smallest rain I wont bother telling you when you wash away. Ha. So everyone is on call Dresden when there is a hurricane?

LA_MERC_Yankee
August 11th, 2004, 09:10 PM
Bslap']I think we were going to have a Hurricane party, but It's not really strong enough to have a party over. The whole thing will probably be gone before the beer gets cold.

That's why we always have the beer cold down here in New Orleans.....

Seductive
August 12th, 2004, 05:38 AM
My supervisor is in the Florida keys for vacation this week and i just heard this morning on the radio that both hurricanes are gonna hit there today and they've ordered all visitors to go home. So much for a nice vacation eh?

LA_MERC_Shadow
August 12th, 2004, 07:03 AM
Tell me about it. I'm trying to fly home to NO and they might cancel my flight outta tampa. Sucks...

Silent_Killer
August 12th, 2004, 10:00 AM
we still might get rain......

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==