PDA

View Full Version : What's happening with me, and the changes in my life...

IamTylerDurden
August 6th, 2004, 09:20 AM
I posted this in the public forums because I want everyone that may know me to be able to know what’s up!

First and foremost, let me just say sorry to all my MERC brethren about my recent absence. The truth is I just haven't had a whole lot of free time on my hands, and I haven't had home internet access at the house for a while because I'm trying to save some money, and that brings us to my story.

Originally Renee and I were trying to save money to buy us a house here and Florence, but plans have changed significantly. October 8th will be my last day working for ACS Technologies. Renee and I are packing our things and moving to Winter Park (Suburb of Orlando), Florida. Why, you ask? Because that's where my new school is!

October 21st is my orientation for Full Sail (http://www.fullsail.com). October 25th will be my first day of class in their Game Design & Development course! If all goes as planned, I will graduate with a Bachelor's degree in the program and then begin looking for our new home centered somewhere around a game studio somewhere in the country. =)

Renee and I are both EXTREMELY excited about our move and it can't get here fast enough! We already have an apartment on hold down there, and for the most part everything is falling into place quite nicely! She will be getting a job down there so that we can afford to pay our bills, and we will have loans to cover our living expenses. I will be unable to work as the school is a monster and rung 24 hrs, 7 days a week.

The way classes are structured (as best as I understand at the moment) is I will have (no more than) 2 classes a month, one class will have its lectures and labs on like Mon, Wed, Friday and then the other class will have it lectures and labs on Tues, Thurs and Saturday. Lectures are 4 hours and can be scheduled anywhere from 9 a.m. till 9 p.m. and labs are also another 4 hours and can be scheduled anywhere from 9 p.m. till 9 a.m. Yup... late night/early morning labs! So in there my schedule one month (it changes every month) could be Class at 4 p.m. - 8 p.m. on Mondays and then that night/next morning, my lab could start at 3 a.m. and run till 7 a.m. Crazy eh!?

So anyway, life is about to get REAL exciting for us, and I would love to know you guys were thinking about us and praying for us!

OK... so.... what you think????

- josh

P.S. If you intested in keeping up with me, there is always my blog at Xanga! (http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=iatd)

LA_MERC_goose
August 6th, 2004, 09:22 AM
Sweet! Good luck bro!

[uGa] Saint
August 6th, 2004, 09:24 AM
wow... so does that mean youll be doing work at like, blizzard entertainment or something? What does a game studio consist of... sounds awesome though!!!

Iccey
August 6th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Gratz man and when u become a Big Shot game Maker Dont forget ur Friends :D we will be ur Test ppl :D

Maximus
August 6th, 2004, 09:26 AM
dang man...good to see you again...gl on all your upcoming events and congrats!

roXet
August 6th, 2004, 09:26 AM
that sounds awesome Tyler. I've heard some good things about FullSail. I'd love to be able to do that, working to create a video game is one dream of mine. Once you get your job, if the devs need a server admin, keep me in mind. =)

Oh yeah, how long is the program you will be in?

LA_MERC_Drifter
August 6th, 2004, 09:30 AM
Sounds like you are well on your way. Have fun and good luck!

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 6th, 2004, 09:31 AM
Sweet! Good luck TD!

IamTylerDurden
August 6th, 2004, 09:32 AM
Thanks everyone! Wow.. so many comments so quick! Thats awesome!

Saint, yes.. I could end up working for a company like that... My goal, either id, Bungie or Epic =)!

Iccey, Sounds good man!

Rox! I'll keep you in mind bro! The program is 21 months...

Thanks to the rest of you for that comments! Much appreciated I can assure you!

Tech, I hope this answers some of your questions about me!

eNdOfBeGinNinG
August 6th, 2004, 09:33 AM
JOSH! Good to hear from you man. Glad to see things are turning out the way you wanted them to. I rememeber you and I talked about this on the way to LA to ArmaI for like 8 hours ha. Lauren and I are really happy to see things are going well.. We Ill have to come visit SC and see ya before you move on. Good to hear from you again!

IamTylerDurden
August 6th, 2004, 09:36 AM
Yup Yup! It's been a long time in the making... to be honest, I never thought it would happen, its a definite dream come true!

Thank yall for the good wishes, now get down here so we can see you!

LA_MERC_Diesel
August 6th, 2004, 09:46 AM
good luck Josh, keep us updated!

LA_MERC_Maverick
August 6th, 2004, 10:03 AM
w0w Josh! Good luck man!

PS I sit across the floor from you at work and I find out about this on the forums before I hear it from you....LMAO!! :p

Apocalypse
August 6th, 2004, 10:14 AM
Hey Josh! I was just sitting around the day looking at the MERC members list and said to myself, "Gee, I haven't seen TylerDurden in awhile, I wonder what he's up to." (seriously) I'm glad things are falling into place for you. I wish you luck with school and hope everything works out and you end up getting that house of yours in the future. Take it easy.

-Mike

bighead
August 6th, 2004, 10:14 AM
LOL congrats josh and keep in touch man. :) you'll have to let us beta some games u come up with in the future hehe

}{y|3ri|)
August 6th, 2004, 10:38 AM
wow i wana work under whoever designed that website!

hey josh i left you a note on your blog.

SweetGirL
August 6th, 2004, 11:54 AM
Apoc sits around thinking about guys he hasn't seen in a while......there's a joke there somewhere lol. Funny thing is, I was thinking the same thing, because I was asking Pete (outkast/corp) about who you were....I never really had the chance to meet/play with you. Hopefully, I'll get to see you more when you have time and get to know you. I do wish ya luck! You sound very ambitious (more then I can say for some of these boons around here lol - jk). Good luck with it all! Samantha/SweetGirL

LA_MERC_Drax
August 6th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Thats sweet tyler, best of luck in school and landin your job.

On a side note, i have ambition sweetz, may not be the same as tyler, but i do have it :)

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 6th, 2004, 01:31 PM
Hey I have plenty of ambition. But I'm gonna do it tomorrow.

SweetGirL
August 6th, 2004, 02:20 PM
lack of ambition = talkin' about myself mostly :P
[although I find that I try to get everything done, so I can sit down around 8:30 or 9 o'clock each night and play CS....................perhaps I am ambitious lol]

Daedelus
August 6th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Good luck bro with all your endevors,Glad to here from you.
I am glad that this wasnt one of those i ran off to IG posts,or i quit Etc.
and look 2 pages already

LA_MERC_Spark
August 6th, 2004, 03:57 PM
Wow man! That sounds like a lot of fun/work! Hope all goes well big daddy!

SweetGirL
August 6th, 2004, 04:15 PM
...and look 2 pages already

Can I hear 3?!!! Going once, going twice.................

LA_MERC_MadMAX
August 6th, 2004, 04:33 PM
'Grats Josh! Very happy for ya!

Stay in touch and don't become a stranger :)

LA_MERC_Nutria
August 6th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Good luck on your dream.

LA_MERC_RiverRat
August 6th, 2004, 05:59 PM
can i have your job at acs?

eNdOfBeGinNinG
August 6th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Good luck bro with all your endevors,Glad to here from you.
I am glad that this wasnt one of those i ran off to IG posts,or i quit Etc.
and look 2 pages already
Hey now!!! :p

SnAkEbItE
August 7th, 2004, 08:18 AM
Hey man, good to hear from you and that's sweet, I wish you the best

OBTW this is the Old "Snakebite" you know Mr. fetch you some pizza at Arm I... I wish you and your wife the best man.

LA_MERC_M@lACHi
August 7th, 2004, 01:10 PM
Good Luck Josh! Keep in touch!

Dresden
August 7th, 2004, 07:10 PM
good luck

Silent_Killer
August 8th, 2004, 05:16 PM
gl man i WANNA BE A GAME DESIGNER! really i do.......have fun making games

IamTylerDurden
August 9th, 2004, 09:31 AM
Hey guys/gals!

Went out of town for the weekend so I couldnt respond friday afternoon before I left work, but thanks so much for all the love! I can vertainly feel it, and this is exactly why I dont wanna leave MERC or even go idle with it.

So... Hybrid.. you seriously like the site??? I appreciate that man, its been a while since I've done any web stuff, so it was fun putting that together. I used colors I've never used before =)! I'd like to know what Jay (rat)and Jason (max) think about it too!

Sweet, Nice to meet you! Yea, I've been around a while now (now that I think about it, I really have been around QUITE a while LOL) but unfortunately just havent been very active since marriage it seems! LOL...

Snakebite!!! Whats up brotha! Long time no see!

Apoc... that beautiful man! Thanks for thinking about me! By the way, what was I wearing in your mind? LOL!

Anyway, thank you all for the 3 pages (COUNT EM! 1, 2, 3!!!) of love! Its much appreciated!!!

SweetGirL
August 9th, 2004, 10:16 AM
... I really have been around QUITE a while LOL) but unfortunately just havent been very active since marriage it seems! LOL...

Wait til the honeymoon is over...............you'll be hangin' around here all the time with the rest of us! lol

... Apoc... that beautiful man! Thanks for thinking about me! By the way, what was I wearing in your mind? LOL!...

Erm, you really want to know the answer to this???!!! Probably some black teddy....ya never know what goes through Apoc's perverse mind. ROFL :naughty

}{y|3ri|)
August 9th, 2004, 10:26 AM
the Full Sail website is awsome, and i really like your site too!

IamTylerDurden
August 9th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Ahhh gotcha!

and sweet.. I've been married a year and a half now, how longs the honeymoon last?

SweetGirL
August 9th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Ahhh gotcha!

and sweet.. I've been married a year and a half now, how longs the honeymoon last?

One year and 32 days....we'll be seeing you on the server tomorrow!! *grunt* <---happy now, Ops? lol [although I do not find "grunting" to be very lady-like............sounds like something someone would do if they were on the commode!!!!!!] :gottago:

Silent_Killer
August 9th, 2004, 04:24 PM
man, i hate to see what game u make with that messed up head of yours.

IamTylerDurden
August 10th, 2004, 08:17 AM
=)

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==