PDA

View Full Version : OMG the Lag (Number 2)

Redneck
August 3rd, 2004, 05:35 AM
Since the other post got deleted, and I didnt get any messages about who did it or why, Heres post number two. Last night the lag on the server was nothing short of embarrasing. I have heard people complain about the lag before but had never noticed it. Last night the lag was just plain stuipd. So I took the advice of a certain person who was on the server at the time and posted here on the forums about the lag like they said I should. This was supposed to get the problem with server lag addressed because the same person that said I should post said they had suggestions as to solutions to the lag, but we just needed a documentation of the problem on the forums. So if you noticed periods of lag on the server please post it here. Kthnx.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
August 3rd, 2004, 06:27 AM
lol.. Your other post is under Technical and server issues

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 3rd, 2004, 06:30 AM
lol Stop whining (part 2) :stick :drunk

eNdOfBeGinNinG
August 3rd, 2004, 08:10 AM
lmao.. its okay red.. they move threads back and forth here.. they tend to get lost! But yup I lag, weee

Sniper
August 3rd, 2004, 12:54 PM
LOL, i posted this same message and i haven't gotten any replies*tear* but yep been laggin for 2 days now pretty bad.

LA_MERC_Sabre
August 3rd, 2004, 01:05 PM
have i seen this before?

Omega_Prime
August 3rd, 2004, 02:23 PM
ive been lagging in the merc server for almost a solid year now, its sometimes so bad i just cant play, my ping never drops below 90 either. i dont know whats happened but before i was pinging around 35-50.

SgtJeff
August 3rd, 2004, 03:44 PM
Waah, now ur amongst us mere mortals Mike...LOL :violin

Daedelus
August 3rd, 2004, 04:06 PM
wow this is wierd i havnt had any lag in awhile and iam all the way on the west coast.
only thing i have noticed was an occasion where the whole server like hickups and its all palyers sort of freezing for a second.Also noticed once or twice were almost entire teams get dropped.cant remeber what day but we had like 10 people on de-dust and i heard the come again voice but next i knew there was only 2 guys on my team. wierd.

LA_MERC_Nutria
August 3rd, 2004, 06:20 PM
Yeah I have been getting a little lag too.. it's contagious.

Daedelus
August 3rd, 2004, 06:29 PM
ok time to go post onm you rother post/tread now

Redneck
August 3rd, 2004, 06:30 PM
well heck, why wasnt there a ::: THIS POST MOVED TO HERE CAUSE REDNECK'S A BIG DUMMY :::: sign??

LA_MERC_Drax
August 3rd, 2004, 06:35 PM
Thought that "REDNECK'S A BIG DUMMY" part was just understood :)

LA_MERC_Drifter
August 4th, 2004, 08:09 AM
hahahaha@Drax

Oh and just to stick with the subject of this thread I have been laggin it seems ever since we started the new CZ maps... may just all be in my head tho cause lawd knows things seem to get lost in there.

Nyc.Coqui
August 5th, 2004, 12:02 PM

Nyc.Coqui
August 5th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Cz Maps Lag the server i said that along time ago when i had tried it on my server.and the lag for me is too much...i never lagged now im pinging at 200 and i have a cable connection thats a no no!!!!!!!!i miss my 45-50 ping soo smooth and sensual!!!

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
August 5th, 2004, 12:32 PM
the lag is not cz map specific. The only reason a cz map would lag your machine is if the textures caused your fps to drop and simulate lag.

eNdOfBeGinNinG
August 5th, 2004, 01:11 PM
the lag is not cz map specific. The only reason a cz map would lag your machine is if the textures caused your fps to drop and simulate lag.
fps drop on cz maps?!? No wonder my shots don't register on them.. freakin game hax!!

Slayer
August 5th, 2004, 03:07 PM
wow this is wierd i havnt had any lag in awhile and iam all the way on the west coast.
only thing i have noticed was an occasion where the whole server like hickups and its all palyers sort of freezing for a second.Also noticed once or twice were almost entire teams get dropped.cant remeber what day but we had like 10 people on de-dust and i heard the come again voice but next i knew there was only 2 guys on my team. wierd.

I've seen the same thing. One day on mill, I was on T, and the entire CT froze up! Free kills for my team tho! W00t

If some of you would get rid of your h@x, you probably wouldn't lag so much! :p:

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==