PDA

View Full Version : Another LAN party? YES!

Preludestress
August 2nd, 2004, 11:43 AM
OK who thinks they should throw another lan party?????

Swedish
August 2nd, 2004, 11:48 AM
Hey i got a great idea, you guys should have a LAN party in Portland Oregon!!!!! i would be the only one showing up but a one man party is better then none i guess.

Sniper
August 2nd, 2004, 11:50 AM
Hey i got a great idea, you guys should have a LAN party in Portland Oregon!!!!! i would be the only one showing up but a one man party is better then none i guess.
Hey Texas is right next door do most of yall (erm...houston).
:saddam1

Preludestress
August 2nd, 2004, 11:50 AM
u live in portland? I lived in tacoma :p for all of seven months! w00ties!

Suntrails
August 2nd, 2004, 12:26 PM
I think we should have one in the Midwest. Saint, }{ and I would be there. Plus, everyone loves to go north in the winter, right?

Preludestress
August 2nd, 2004, 12:30 PM
no way, it'd have to be the same place it was last time, that way i still get to sleep in my own bed. Or if I get lucky, someone else's.

[uGa] Saint
August 2nd, 2004, 12:37 PM
bring it up north der hey!!! w00t! I mean jezuz, if you want to drink, come on up to the beer capitol of the world! We'll grill up some brats and pass the cheese curds around, lol... Apoc and me already decided to road trip it to the next lan, so it really doesnt matter, as long as there is beer and cs... im there..

}{y|3ri|)
August 2nd, 2004, 12:39 PM
omg cheese curds.. i couldnt handle a small amount of them.

=-x

Suntrails
August 2nd, 2004, 12:42 PM
That's because you put ketchup on them instead of marinara sauce, silly!

And it's all about da Leinie's up here, doncha know.

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 2nd, 2004, 12:43 PM
Please define the term "They"...

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 2nd, 2004, 12:43 PM
omg, Marinara sauce on Fried cheese is the bomb!!!

LA_MERC_Sabre
August 2nd, 2004, 12:57 PM
i concur, also..add chicken wings and beer.

Sniper
August 2nd, 2004, 01:12 PM
Shut up yall r makin me hungry, lol.

[uGa] Saint
August 2nd, 2004, 01:27 PM
der's a leine's plant right next ta dat der miller brewing co. dontcha know hey. at least i think so, i drive past it every day on my way to work... doh. Man, seriously, some of you guys need to come up (or over Suntrails and }{tm), there are beer brats waiting to be grilled and much cheese to be eaten, along with the fact that miller brewing is right there so we will never go dry!! w00t!

Sniper
August 2nd, 2004, 01:30 PM
crap if only i was at the legal drinking age.

Suntrails
August 2nd, 2004, 01:59 PM
']der's a leine's plant right next ta dat der miller brewing co. dontcha know hey. at least i think so, i drive past it every day on my way to work... doh. Man, seriously, some of you guys need to come up (or over Suntrails and }{tm), there are beer brats waiting to be grilled and much cheese to be eaten, along with the fact that miller brewing is right there so we will never go dry!! w00t!

Mmmmmm beer brats. The only brats worth grilling. And never going dry! Woohoo! :beerchug

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 2nd, 2004, 02:00 PM
the only brats I know about are those where I work...

Suntrails
August 2nd, 2004, 02:01 PM
Thos are probably worthy of grilling, too, huh? lol.

Apocalypse
August 2nd, 2004, 02:15 PM
I think we should have one in the Midwest. Saint, }{ and I would be there. Plus, everyone loves to go north in the winter, right?

*Ackhem* Aren't we forgetting someone?!?!?

LA_MERC_Drax
August 2nd, 2004, 02:23 PM
Didn't think they had brats in grambling tech, thought there were only.....thugs...

[uGa] Saint
August 2nd, 2004, 02:30 PM
*Ackhem* Aren't we forgetting someone?!?!?

nope.

}{y|3ri|)
August 2nd, 2004, 02:41 PM
dont be mean... of course apoc can come.. who else are we gona pwn all weekend if he doesnt show up?

Suntrails
August 2nd, 2004, 02:54 PM
Omgawsh! I'm sorry Apoc! I just assumed everyone knew you'd be there!

[uGa] Saint
August 2nd, 2004, 03:07 PM
i wasnt being mean, i just knew that he'd be too busy leaving me drunken voice mails about pizza parties and having children... lol, stupid b33r h4x...

Preludestress
August 2nd, 2004, 03:10 PM
Didn't think they had brats in grambling tech, thought there were only.....thugs...

that could quite possibly be the dumbes thing I have ever read on any forum I've ever been to.

Idiot.

Corp
August 2nd, 2004, 04:33 PM
When u decide to act like a person with some sense. Then i think that you should shhh for the sake of the adults, and the mature minded that come to the forums, even if you are playing by calling drax an idiot, it's still wrong.

And even before u try to comment back to this post, as doctor evil would put SHHHHHHH!!!!!!

SweetGirL
August 2nd, 2004, 04:36 PM
Depends on the company..................... need I say more?

Preludestress
August 2nd, 2004, 05:51 PM
no no, just sounded racist to me :x but i dunno him so maybe he was jess playin, but i didnt mean the idiot comment, that was nub

LittleBunnyFooFoo
August 2nd, 2004, 07:41 PM
i'd go

LA_MERC_Drax
August 2nd, 2004, 08:26 PM
I'm thinkin maybe you should put alittle more thought into some of your post before you post em Pre.

Redneck
August 2nd, 2004, 08:37 PM
Nothing racist about that comment. I could say that around anyone I know or hang out with (and thats some pretty rough people) and not get a cap busted in my ... by some gangsta. So dunno how he could be an Idiot. Hes a hella lot smarter than me. (in some things) :D

Redneck
August 2nd, 2004, 08:43 PM
O and yeah, I was thinking this same thing today that we need to get another lan together. Something along the lines of a Mobile Toyz lan, or maybe even one at the knights of columbus hall. OR.... they have had one at a motel here in Ruston and I think there was one over the pool hall here in town as well. In a nut shell all we really need is a place that we can put about 20 - 30 people in for a night or two that isnt very expensive to rent. So do the powers that be have any ideas? I got at least a $20 to put in on this..... (probably got more if somebody sexy asks really nice or sits in my lap)

[uGa] Saint
August 2nd, 2004, 09:15 PM
well... i really like to sit in laps... so does that mean you'll give mo money redneck *wink wink*... lol, im thinkin the same thing tho, get a lan going sometime over a weekend and apoc and me will roadtrip our butts on over...

Redneck
August 2nd, 2004, 09:44 PM
No saint you do not qualify for the sitting of the lap. You need more upstairs and less downstairs if ya get my drift...... if not then go back to Human Anatomy 101. :stick

LA_MERC_Sabre
August 3rd, 2004, 04:36 AM
well I have 'man-boobs'...does that work for ya?

I'm up for a little lan/BBQ weekend.

[uGa] Saint
August 3rd, 2004, 05:51 AM
No saint you do not qualify for the sitting of the lap. You need more upstairs and less downstairs if ya get my drift...... if not then go back to Human Anatomy 101. :stick

but for real... junk in the trunk isnt a bad thing...

LA_MERC_Dirge
August 3rd, 2004, 06:34 AM
prelude, before your next post, maybe you should type it up and leave it on the screen, go do something else in the house, come back 30 minutes later, re-read it, decide if it is appropriate, and then post it? Continued posts along the lines of your previous will inevitably result in a course of action you would most likely not appreciate. :)

Suntrails
August 3rd, 2004, 08:01 AM
']but for real... junk in the trunk isnt a bad thing...

You can always come sit in my lap Saint, lol. :ldm

}{y|3ri|)
August 3rd, 2004, 08:06 AM
You can always come sit in my lap Saint, lol. :ldm
w00t go pimp daddy saint!!!! wooho.... o... hey wait a damn minute!

Suntrails
August 3rd, 2004, 08:07 AM
Baby there's always room for you too!

[uGa] Saint
August 3rd, 2004, 08:27 AM
oh man, this is getting interesting... my rump is all yours Sun...

lmao

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 3rd, 2004, 08:36 AM
ok ok, back to subject.

I, for one, am not interested in planning another lan for a while, and, if I were, it wouldn't be a big production like the last one. So much work went into that thing...so much stress. If you haven't planned one like that before, you have no clue how much work goes into it. Right Jay?

Small lan, no problem...big lan? Ish!

LaTech

LA_MERC_JESTER
August 3rd, 2004, 08:46 AM
hehehe an invite only Lan, wouldn't that tick off some folks... I am still really considering do one at the holiday inn there in monroe, would hold up to 60 folks....

eNdOfBeGinNinG
August 3rd, 2004, 09:00 AM
I'm thinkin maybe you should put alittle more thought into some of your post before you post em Pre.
I agree with idiot..

I also agree with TECH. If people only knew what some of the admins, an the lil people, did at the last lan you would not be so quick to throw the idea out there. I'm not saying the lan was a bad idea, because it was A LOT OF FUN and I know everyone enjoyed it! I think if we do have another MERC lan it won't be for awhile. I still wanna help though! I think we need the BBQ get together and leave the pc's at home next time.

}{y|3ri|)
August 3rd, 2004, 09:20 AM
']oh man, this is getting interesting... my rump is all yours Sun...

lmao
you have no ideal of the pain you are going to get next time i find you in the server...

[uGa] Saint
August 3rd, 2004, 09:33 AM
will it be anything close to the pain i get listening to JOO!?

jk hybrid, yous muh homey 4 life :D :D :D :D (me fears a slapping)

Anywho... is the work your talking about things that only admins could do or is it something the rest of us could help out with...? I want a LAN pretty bad, and I'd be done for taking time off to help setup and whatnot. I guess a lot of the work is just setting up the servers and making sure the network is up...

Preludestress
August 3rd, 2004, 10:18 AM
ok saint you can sit in whoever's lap you want but ya'll best leave Sweet Cheeks alone cuz he's be mine O.o

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 3rd, 2004, 10:18 AM
Thats not even close to all the work that is involved...I promise. :)

JUNKY
August 3rd, 2004, 11:44 AM
O and yeah, I was thinking this same thing today that we need to get another lan together. Something along the lines of a Mobile Toyz lan, or maybe even one at the knights of columbus hall. OR.... they have had one at a motel here in Ruston and I think there was one over the pool hall here in town as well. In a nut shell all we really need is a place that we can put about 20 - 30 people in for a night or two that isnt very expensive to rent. So do the powers that be have any ideas? I got at least a $20 to put in on this..... (probably got more if somebody sexy asks really nice or sits in my lap)

Red, can't do a Mobile Toyz lan again for 2 reasons.....
1) DarkCuban no longer works there
2) A few months after Cuban split, the place caught itself a bad case of "burnt the hell up." Building is still standing, but from what Cuban told me back then, the inside is gutted.

Anyone else have a big building we can "borrow" for a day or 2?

LA_MERC_Sabre
August 3rd, 2004, 11:54 AM
I heard latech's house could contain several comps if needed....:)

[uGa] Saint
August 3rd, 2004, 11:57 AM
looks like we've found our building :P , prepare to be boarded! (that means stock your fridge cuz }{ and I are gonna eat everything)

LA_MERC_Sabre
August 3rd, 2004, 12:03 PM
true dat, I'm easy........all i need to do is bring my Molson Canadian with me (cause you can't get good beer in West Monroe) and maybe some chicken wing making stuff!!!!

LA_MERC_LaTech
August 3rd, 2004, 12:16 PM
Um...my apartment is gonna be too small for any more than 10 people to LAN at...and 10 is pushing it...

}{y|3ri|)
August 3rd, 2004, 12:21 PM
']looks like we've found our building :P , prepare to be boarded! (that means stock your fridge cuz }{ and I are gonna eat everything)
oh you know thats true!

:foshizzle

LA_MERC_Sabre
August 3rd, 2004, 12:23 PM
Um...my apartment is gonna be too small for any more than 10 people to LAN at...and 10 is pushing it...

Stephanie, can we discuss this with Scott please?

LA_MERC_Diesel
August 3rd, 2004, 12:26 PM
lol...I think Pre has brought the Twilight Zone with her...
Are we beeing Punked??
:laugh:

JUNKY
August 3rd, 2004, 12:27 PM
true dat, I'm easy........all i need to do is bring my Molson Canadian with me (cause you can't get good beer in West Monroe) and maybe some chicken wing making stuff!!!!

Ski's Fine Wines - was less than a block from Armageddon. I know the family that owns the place personally.

Lemme know what you need and I'll make sure Mrs. Amy gets in stock :-)

And her late husband was a Green Beret - he designed the coolest shirt for the store before he passed away. "War is Hell" If I can find mine, I'll post a pic.

LA_MERC_Sabre
August 3rd, 2004, 12:53 PM
lol...I think Pre has brought the Twilight Zone with her...
Are we beeing Punked??
:laugh:

I keep hearing that word....'punked' wth does it mean,....i guess i missed...something .......somewhere....wait...who am i?

[uGa] Saint
August 3rd, 2004, 01:00 PM
OMG SABRE! Punk'd is like, the coolest!

it's a hidden camera show that Ashton Kutcher has on MTV where he pulls pranks on celebritys then runs out like a dumb arse and yells "you just got punk'd!!" Funny at first but got lame pretty quick...

Suntrails
August 3rd, 2004, 01:02 PM
']OMG SABRE! Punk'd is like, the coolest! ... Funny at first but got lame pretty quick...

Lol, make up yer mind Saint!

Seductive
August 3rd, 2004, 01:02 PM
The best one was when he punked Justin Timberlake, I think he almost cried! =)

LA_MERC_Sabre
August 3rd, 2004, 01:03 PM
lol, i was thinking the same thing....

so is it cool, or is it lame?

I'm thinking lame, but hey, that's just me.

[uGa] Saint
August 3rd, 2004, 01:04 PM
sorry... forgot to lay the first line with multiple layers of sarcasm. :)

LA_MERC_Sabre
August 3rd, 2004, 01:06 PM
have i seen this before?

eNdOfBeGinNinG
August 3rd, 2004, 01:15 PM
Lol, make up yer mind Saint!
saint making up his mind to come to a good reasoning, would be like world peace.. Everybody wants it, nobody has it, and won't happen in this life time...

btw.. emmmm b3333r

Preludestress
August 3rd, 2004, 01:52 PM
Stephanie, can we discuss this with Scott please?

lmao yea steph let us talk to scott

Redneck
August 3rd, 2004, 06:42 PM
I am serious about this Lan thing. I will look into a few places in Ruston and will then head to Monroe to check out some things. Ill get with Scott and some others after I get some details on prices (which if the price is right I will foot the bill for the building). Im not talking about some giant lan like Armageddon, but something for whoever might be able to make it. There will be a fee charged and depending on the place its held it could be BYOB (I will have RPD carding at the door and anyone underage or with a fake ID will go to JAIL). Dunno yet this is in the planning stage and Ill just have to call around some and see.

[uGa] Saint
August 3rd, 2004, 07:58 PM
Redneck, I know I cant help much since im in Wisconsin, but if there is ANYTHING that I could help do to make this happen, let me know...

CajunTech
August 3rd, 2004, 08:21 PM
I can fit a few here, but far from everyone except Kreaper, Uther, and Dresden..

LA_MERC_Drifter
August 4th, 2004, 08:16 AM
I'm down for one in Ruston or Monroe, Redneck. Just let me know what I can do to help.

Preludestress
August 4th, 2004, 10:16 AM
Ok red, you realize that the legal drinking age in LA is 18, right? cuz if you're sayin that we'd have to be 21+ to get into da lan, that'd just be WRONG!!!!!!! Especially since my 18 year old self came up with the idea!!!!!!

:)

LA_MERC_Sabre
August 4th, 2004, 10:30 AM
gee, I thought the legal age was 21??? who knew!

SweetGirL
August 4th, 2004, 10:35 AM
I'm thinking IQ and sanity testing should be given to people prior to entering. Just a thought.

JUNKY
August 4th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Legal drinking age is 21 for the last 8 years or so, cause I was 20 when they started screwing with the law.

Here are the current state codes:

LSA R.S. 93:11 makes it illegal to sell alcoholic beverages to anyone under the age of twenty-one years.

LSA R.S. 93:12 makes it illegal for anyone under the age of 21 to purchase or have public possession of an alcoholic beverage.

LSA R.S. 93:13 makes it illegal for anyone to buy alcoholic beverages for anyone under the age of 21 years except for a parent, guardian or spouse of the person under 21.

So, it would appear that someone under 21 years cannot buy or have in his possession (in public) any alcoholic beverage. It would also appear that it would not be illegal for someone under 21 to drink at home if a parent buys the booze.

So, my interperetation is that before about 1996/7 when they changed the law the loophole in the law was that retialers could sell to an 18 year old, but the 18 year old legally wasn't allowed to drink it, or purchase it. So clubs and liquor retailers weren't breaking the law, they were allowed to sell it, but the purchaser was breaking the law by buying it, which isn't the seller's concern. Law enforcement was generally lax on enforcing it due to the ambiguity on the laws. (No offense to the local Law Enforcement types - If I'm off on this, then correct me.)

Redneck
August 4th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Thats right 18 year olds can be around it, just cant drink it. You can get into any bar around town at 18, just cant drink. Lan would be run the same way. So dont get your thong in a wad Pre or my 32 year old self will have to spank ya. Im gonna get started looking for someplace to have this thing.

Preludestress
August 4th, 2004, 01:42 PM
lol ok i don't care if i can drink, i'll just get wasted BEFORE the lan :x ... j/k! I was just thinkin u weren't gonna let me in !!!!!!! kk now I get it though, once again sorry for being such a dumb blond!

Redneck
August 4th, 2004, 02:29 PM
Yes 18 and up will be able to get in. I dont run a babysitting service. I just wanna hang out with friends. Anyone gets outta line and acts like a child then they get thrown out on their butts. And if you cant handle your liquor or your under age you better watch it cause no matter were we have it (Ruston/Monroe/NewOrleans) there will be plain clothes police present. So you never know who might hand cuff ya and haul you off. (well I might hand cuff some and haul them off but it wont be hauling them off to jail)

LA_MERC_Diesel
August 4th, 2004, 03:07 PM
lmao Alan :laugh:

LA_MERC_Drax
August 4th, 2004, 03:11 PM
OOOOO, if thats true alan, can i get drunk and out of hand?? :D :D :D

Redneck
August 4th, 2004, 05:34 PM
LOL I would have thought you of all people has had enough of the Drink + Police situations.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==