PDA

View Full Version : Can not connect!!

Cajunwife
August 1st, 2004, 08:49 PM
Is anyone else having trouble connecting to steam? :dunno

SweetGirL
August 1st, 2004, 08:50 PM
Hell yeah!! Ticking me off too! Steam is just ridiculous!!

Redneck
August 1st, 2004, 08:50 PM
Yup I cant connect either. Steams giving me fits right now.

SweetGirL
August 1st, 2004, 08:54 PM
Steam is getting DDos attack, from what I was told - maybe, maybe not. Makes absolutely no friggin sense to me! All I care about is being able to satisfy my CS addiction for a few minutes. *sigh* May be time for all of us to crack out the webcams and visit with one another.

LA_MERC_Nutria
August 1st, 2004, 08:55 PM
Yeah Steam gives me the fits and the (change the f to a quiet sound).

CajunTech
August 1st, 2004, 08:58 PM
Thier forums are down too.

LA_MERC_Spark
August 1st, 2004, 08:59 PM
TRASH!!!

Slayer
August 1st, 2004, 09:06 PM
Yeah Steam gives me the fits and the (change the f to a quiet sound).

Clever. :youdaman:

Ya'll cursed me!!!

I read this thread after playing some CS, tried to get back on, and I couldn't reconnect!!

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

LA_MERC_Nutria
August 1st, 2004, 09:06 PM
Found this in the steam forums
DDOS Attacks (08-01-2004 until 09-01-2004)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam is currently the target of a distributed denial-of-service attack, and consequentially, some services are sufferring outages.

SweetGirL
August 1st, 2004, 09:08 PM
Found this in the steam forums
DDOS Attacks (08-01-2004 until 09-01-2004)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam is currently the target of a distributed denial-of-service attack, and consequentially, some services are sufferring outages.

Er, read post #4 by yours truly................boon!!

Omg, I am spamming the forums for entertainment at this point! Someone helpppppp!! This means I may have to spend quality time with the family......when will this insanity end!!!! LOL

Redneck
August 1st, 2004, 09:14 PM
/me starts looking for web cam so he can visit with Sweets......

Slayer
August 1st, 2004, 09:15 PM
I was able to connect just now! Weeeeeeeeeee!

CajunTech
August 1st, 2004, 09:17 PM
I just hooked up my webcam hehe

LA_MERC_YellowDog
August 1st, 2004, 09:27 PM
I CCCAAAANNNTTT COONNEECCTT... I GOTT tTTHHeee JIITTERSS .... Wiithdrawal Isss KKKilliNNNG Meeeee

Corp
August 1st, 2004, 09:30 PM
u just connected ok slayer??? did u get into a game?

SweetGirL
August 1st, 2004, 09:31 PM
I CCCAAAANNNTTT COONNEECCTT... I GOTT tTTHHeee JIITTERSS .... Wiithdrawal Isss KKKilliNNNG Meeeee

We're here for ya, brotha! We feel your pain! *group hug* lol

Slayer
August 1st, 2004, 09:32 PM
u just connected ok slayer??? did u get into a game?

Omg omg omg!!

Now it won't work for me! WHY ME?!?!?!

er...

WHY US!?!?!?!?!

[uGa] Saint
August 1st, 2004, 09:32 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! i thought that since i was already logged on i could jump back in.... NOPE... stupid steam...

SweetGirL
August 1st, 2004, 09:34 PM
SUPPORT GROUP MEETING ON MIRC............

CajunTech
August 1st, 2004, 09:41 PM
ya'll still use that ancient program?

Sniper
August 1st, 2004, 10:12 PM
ya i get that "cannot contact server ticket id 35" or somethin but that isn't new for me i get it all the time and it just away all by itself pretty quick.

Corp
August 1st, 2004, 10:18 PM
i just got in ... i restarted my pc

Swedish
August 2nd, 2004, 09:05 AM
OUCH CS withdrawls kicking in...must play!!!! anyone know how to fix this? resetting didnt work for me.

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
August 2nd, 2004, 09:05 AM
Steam got DDoS attacked last night which is why most of you could not log into steam or play CS

LA_MERC_JESTER
August 2nd, 2004, 09:24 AM
So does that mean we are gonna be down a while? Dont know much about the DDos is guess it is a virus huh.

[uGa] Saint
August 2nd, 2004, 09:29 AM
weird thing is i was able to get into other servers last night, just not LA MERC... dont know if the server has to restart or something... we had a lil pow-wow on mirc for all the addicts that were suffering withdrawel, cajuntech even tried to set up a dedicated server of his own so we could get our fix

LA_MERC_T4rg3T
August 2nd, 2004, 09:46 AM
Jester, You could look up more info on it but its basically a Distributed Denial of Service attack. Its basically flooding someone's ip with useless data to the point where there connection is just useless. The useless traffic takes up all their available bandwidth. You have to have a faster connection than the person you are trying to DoS. With a Distributed DoS attack, that initiating attacker distributes his attack through multiple connections. If for say, someone had control over 1,000 pc's with broadband and initiated an attack with all of them at the same time against a website hosted on a single T1 connection. It would bring down that website.

Sniper
August 2nd, 2004, 12:02 PM
I have no problem gettin on now there is just a little unexplainable lag on some servers but that is probably just me.

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==