PDA

View Full Version : Off-road peeps..here please

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
July 29th, 2004, 10:03 PM
Need some info If some of you guys are into off-road vehicles. Just ordered a light bar for my 4x4 Xterra and Im not sure which lights to go with brand wise as some of this stuff gets darn right pricey. Also sugggestions on types of light's, I was thinking 2 driving lights and 2 spot's? I want LOTS of light with a good pattern. ANyway, any info is most welcome and I will post some pics when I get everything up and running. Lucked out and also found a set of BFG 33's to stuff under it when I wear out the stockers, which wont take long im sure :bigok
Peace, Rick

LA_MERC_Sniper
July 30th, 2004, 12:50 PM
you do know you will need a lift kit to fit those 33's under there

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
July 30th, 2004, 01:32 PM
I talked to a guy who did the same thing and all he had to do was trim some of the plastic and he claims his dont rub. If you know different please tell me so I can go down and beat his arse....:) I do plan on lifting so I guess it woudlnt be a total loss but I had planned on making that my winter project.

Redneck
July 31st, 2004, 05:37 PM
You can fit 33's under a stock Nissan suspension, but you do have to trim alittle. As far as lights go just go for the brightest you can find for the cost. Brand shouldnt matter too much.

blondie
July 31st, 2004, 07:09 PM
ha ha My geo go's off road

LA_MERC_sLingbLade
July 31st, 2004, 07:43 PM
Thx Red...yeah I started trimming it out today, wife came out WTH are you doing, I said I got it under control, I got a big ummmhmmm and she left me alone..lol. I settled on Hella lights, got a set of 4 with covers and wiring harness and toggle from a local shop for 150.00. After thought to all this, with the bigger tires and lights on the top there was no way I was gonna be able to fit it in the garage so I changed mounting location. Live and learn eeh? Lights are mounted but Im waiting to run the wires till later in the week when I have a full day off to work on it. I will have about 1/4" clearence to get into my garage..w00t

Silent_Killer
July 31st, 2004, 07:49 PM
lol. make sure ur wife doesnt leace the hose laying infrot of ur garage when u are commin in. ull hit a bump and whoops there goes ur lights

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==