PDA

View Full Version : All my buttons in CS are unbound?

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
July 26th, 2004, 06:50 PM
No clue what happened, I join our server play a round or two then all the sudden all I can do is look around, none of my buttons are working. Can't run can't shoot nothing, so I go to options in game click on keyboard and...there's nothing there. No buttons to bind or unbind, then whamo steam kicks me out of the game and says my ticket has expired and I need to reenter my steam account info. Do all that and all my buttons are still unbound so I can't play CS, the worst part is there is nothing for me to add to, there is literally nothing in under my keyboard section of options. What do I do, reinstall CS, reinstall Steam, throw everything out the window? Only had like 30 minutes to play and I get haxed as usual.

LA_MERC_YellowDog
July 26th, 2004, 07:18 PM
I would throw it out the window, but thats me, prolly wUT u SHUD Do Is Re-n-stal Steam

SweetGirL
July 26th, 2004, 07:20 PM
Did you play a different server lately...where, perhaps, someone could have unbound your keys? When I was in [Cajun] clan years ago, that happened to me on some fool's server.......talk about a pain in the arse - I feel for ya.

Omega_Prime
July 26th, 2004, 08:34 PM
thats why you always need to keep a copy of your config file on your pc somewhere and also keep one on a floppy incase of crap like this :)

LA_MERC_Sabre
July 26th, 2004, 08:56 PM
we are not experienced hac...umm..... players around here....lol, j/k prime!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
July 26th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Well you called it Mike, all of my scripted binds are still there but all the standard stuff is missing in my config file. Can anyone give me a copy/screenshot of theirs so I can re-enter all my missing stuff? I know most of them but wth is the name of the screen that shows your kill/death ratio and stuff?

LA_MERC_Sabre
July 26th, 2004, 09:31 PM
hope this helps.

Sniper
July 26th, 2004, 10:43 PM
hey if u got to keybord and click default all the buttons will go back to the default controls

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
July 27th, 2004, 09:54 AM
Sabre thank you very much for your config file, but now the wife is mad cause I stayed up until 3 playing. DOH!

Sniper I tried that like 5 times with no results.

Something really weird is everytime I go into my options in CS it loses all my binds, but now I just replace my config file while in game and I'm good. May have to reinstall anyway just so I can turn my mic on and off depending on the maps played.

Sniper
July 28th, 2004, 03:29 PM
k sry i couldn't help, i usually only think of the simple solutions,he he

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
July 28th, 2004, 03:41 PM
something you and everyone else should do once they have their config the way they like it is make it "read only" right click it, goto properties, and check read only. then no program or abusive admin can change/unbind anything.

LA_MERC_Drax
July 28th, 2004, 08:39 PM
abusive admin = toby????

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
July 28th, 2004, 08:57 PM
But what if I want to change something later Berk?

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
July 29th, 2004, 08:17 AM
:stu
Here's your sign

umm...ya might try unchecking "Read only" when you need to change something, then put it back after the change. just a thought.

Omega_Prime
July 29th, 2004, 10:28 AM
lol i swear youll learn you something one day :) dont feel bad though i bet onji tired of answering his phone and then going doh its mike again!

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
July 29th, 2004, 10:48 AM
So I guess that was a dumb question?

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
July 29th, 2004, 10:53 AM
hehe, nope. not at all. I'm just picking on you a little bit.

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
July 30th, 2004, 08:17 AM
Damnit! I have to find a really good question for you then.

How about what does a floppy disk do...huh huh you know that one mister smarty pantz0rz!

LA_MERC_Captain_Obvious
July 30th, 2004, 08:58 AM
why do they call it a floppy disk, when it's not so floppy?

LA_MERC_eX1|eS' ch1|d
August 3rd, 2004, 08:54 AM
Is this a trick question?

}{y|3ri|)
August 3rd, 2004, 09:25 AM
why do they call it a floppy disk, when it's not so floppy?

The 5.25-inch disks were dubbed "floppy" because the diskette packaging was a very flexible plastic envelope, unlike the rigid case used to hold today's 3.5-inch diskettes.

Background history of the Floppy:

The floppy disk drive (FDD) was invented at IBM by Alan Shugart in 1967. The first floppy drives used an 8-inch disk (later called a "diskette" as it got smaller), which evolved into the 5.25-inch disk that was used on the first IBM Personal Computer in August 1981. The 5.25-inch disk held 360 kilobytes compared to the 1.44 megabyte capacity of today's 3.5-inch diskette.

And yes i am on hold and bored to death...

:shootme:

42d3e78f26a4b20d412==